What are you reading at the moment? (Part 4)

Comments

• Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren's Saints of dirty faith- Alisa Valdes Rodriguez
  • ReddybookReddybook Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Deception - Mona Ingram
  • DoohDahDoohDah Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    I'm reading The Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby. A diary of the books he read over a year or so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completed book five (of twelve) ‘The Interesting Bits: The History You May Have Missed’ by Justin Pollard. Pretty funny but without looking things up I’m not sure how true these accounts are. Still fascinating to read though and the “chapters” are so short you can put it down and pick it up again easily. Interesting read for anyone who likes their history, especially the weird stuff.

Now on to reading 'Born Survivor: Bear Grylls’ by the man himself. I'm about two-thirds through. This is more like a survival guide and a “coffee-table book” but its bloody good with Bear’s opinions on things, diagrams, location photos, survival techniques, case studies and so on. Loving reading it!! As the review quote on the cover says, it’s a “Dangerous book for men!” :D.

Also bought ‘The Bourne Identity’ (by Robert Ludlum) and ‘The Hundred year Old Man Who Climbed Out Of The Window & Disappeared’ (by Jonas Jonasson) to add to me list to read, as apparently I have to read a couple of novels to win this bet and these were the only ones that appealed to me. Clearly I didn't look very hard :D
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got two on the go at the moment. Angelfall by Susan Ee and I'll Go Home Then, It's Warm And Has Chairs by David Thorne.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the Mountains echoed- Khaled Hosseni
  • harry*half*pintharry*half*pint Posts: 11,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished Eloise by Judy Finnegan last week

Have now also just read Forgive Me by Lesley Pearse - first I've ever read by this author, really enjoyed.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Game of Thrones
    I have all 7 of the released books and just started it
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Fallen by Karin Slaughter, very good so far.
  • Sue_CSue_C Posts: 1,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My new audiobook is Cop to Corpse by Peter Lovesey, the 12th Peter Diamond mystery. Peter Diamond is my absolute favourite fictional detective and I like listening to the books on audio.

I'm currently reading The Man in the Picture by Susan Hill on my Kindle. It's a short gothic ghost story and is probably better suited to a bleak winter's night than mid-summer really.

Once that is finished I'll be starting the Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman's take on the Jungle Book. I really want his new book, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, but can't justify buying it until i've read some more of the stuff that's already on my KIndle.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Futurity.

A 1960 novel from Philip K. Dick.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marie Curie and Her Daughters - Shelley Emling
  • Ali_CWAli_CW Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I tend to have a few books that I dip into and one book that is there to be very much read!

I am reading The Beckham Experiment.
    It is about the very man himself. This book is ofcourse about him and the whole machine that is working behind him as he wanted to break into the States. Very business like and surprising what can go on behind the scenes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I've got two books on the go at present - Hanging Hill by Mo Hayder, and Siege by Simon Kernick, which for some reason am not finding as gripping as I expected...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue_C wrote: »
    My new audiobook is Cop to Corpse by Peter Lovesey, the 12th Peter Diamond mystery. Peter Diamond is my absolute favourite fictional detective and I like listening to the books on audio.

I'm currently reading The Man in the Picture by Susan Hill on my Kindle. It's a short gothic ghost story and is probably better suited to a bleak winter's night than mid-summer really.

Once that is finished I'll be starting the Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman's take on the Jungle Book. I really want his new book, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, but can't justify buying it until i've read some more of the stuff that's already on my KIndle.

You know Sue, I've read the graveyard book and didn't click that it was based loosely around the jungle book but its so obvious now :o
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Who I Am by Pete Townsend
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inferno - Dan Brown

I must be one of the few who hasn't read anything else he's done. In my head Robert Langdon is Tom Hanks.
  • Sue_CSue_C Posts: 1,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know Sue, I've read the graveyard book and didn't click that it was based loosely around the jungle book but its so obvious now :o

Apparently Neil Gaiman had the idea for the book whilst watching his son happily bicycling around a graveyard. I spend far too much time reading about books. Goodreads et al are terrible time eaters.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished On the Beach by Neville Shute - God, it was sad!!

Oh I do love Nevil Shute, re-read his books all the time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juggling three books at the minute. I'm reading Goodnight Mr Tom with my daughter, The Outsiders with my son and Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn in between.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue_C wrote: »
    Apparently Neil Gaiman had the idea for the book whilst watching his son happily bicycling around a graveyard. I spend far too much time reading about books. Goodreads et al are terrible time eaters.

Tell me about it, I spend a disproportionate amount of my time browsing what others are reading, I'm going to have to take a second job to fund my addiction :o
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Barbara Vine- The child's child
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Stand by Stephen King.
  • chuckleberrychuckleberry Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just read The Broken Men by C. Marten-Zerf (discovered on Amazon)

It's an action/thriller set mainly in Southern Africa and I read it in two days. One of those books you don't want to put down and keep thinking about after you've read it.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Who I Am by Pete Townsend

I need to get that !

I went to see The Who last week and the man is a legend.