Do you keep or trade/sell?

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What do you lot tend to do?

Recently I've started hanging on to games I've enjoyed, despite the fact I may not play them again for a few years! I have about 40 games now which I'm aware I could get a lot of money for towards other games. I do like having a collection though.

Do you collect, or get rid?

Comments

• LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid if I get enough, but keep if I only get a few quid. I have dungeon siege 3 and ill get. £1 for it so ill keep it
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I keep them now. I always fancy playing games that iv'e traded in a few months down the line and I've been known to buy games back later on because i've missed them.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sell/Trade unless there is a multiplayer that I play.

If i feel the need to play again ill buy back when its cheaper.

Arkham city for example I have bought 3 separate times.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sell/Trade unless there is a multiplayer that I play.

If i feel the need to play again ill buy back when its cheaper.

Arkham city for example I have bought 3 separate times.

Yeah i bought AC when it was £40, then sold it, then re-bought it a month ago for £12. I did that with a few games, but games like Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3, and Black Ops 2 I kept as I can't part with them.

Got over 40 disc games here now!
  • 0lly0lly Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Never trade or sell. I keep all my games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0lly wrote: »

How many you got?

Do you stand by this rule even if you know you'll never play a game again and you could get £25 back for it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Get rid of all my games (trade) as soon as I've finished them apart from ones I really enjoy the multiplayer, like Halo. Can't imagine ever trading in Halo 4 for instance.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,386
    Forum Member
    0lly wrote: »
    I do the same.
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Do you stand by this rule even if you know you'll never play a game again and you could get £25 back for it?
    I do, Still got a couple games I know I most likely won't play again.

Dino Crisis 3 is one of them. Brought that for my xbox in late 2004, Played it for about half hour, Totally hated it & haven't touched it since. It did get used when a friend wanted to play it 3-4yrs back, He also hated it & its been sitting on the shelf since.

For something older, Road Rash for the PS1. Loved the mega drive games so brought the PS1 version in around 1997, Played it for a bit, Never especially liked it & its not been played in probably about 9-10yrs & I can't see myself wanting to play it anytime soon.

Also got plenty of games I really liked, Completed (Some only once, some a few times) but likely won't go back & re-play.
  • flynnflynn Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I've really enjoyed it then I keep it, I'll always go back and revisit a really good game for a second or third play through. Anything else I'll get rid of once I'm done/bored with it.
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good question... If I have played the single player and I am not interested in the multiplayer/or there is none, I will sell it on ebay.

If I will only get a few quid for selling the game I will keep it, even if I dont think I will play it again.
  • KerangKerang Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I keep all my games and lend them out to family & friends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do the same.

I do, Still got a couple games I know I most likely won't play again.

Dino Crisis 3 is one of them. Brought that for my xbox in late 2004, Played it for about half hour, Totally hated it & haven't touched it since. It did get used when a friend wanted to play it 3-4yrs back, He also hated it & its been sitting on the shelf since.

For something older, Road Rash for the PS1. Loved the mega drive games so brought the PS1 version in around 1997, Played it for a bit, Never especially liked it & its not been played in probably about 9-10yrs & I can't see myself wanting to play it anytime soon.

Also got plenty of games I really liked, Completed (Some only once, some a few times) but likely won't go back & re-play.

Don't you feel you are wasting money buying an expensive game, only to hate it, but keep it?
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,386
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Don't you feel you are wasting money buying an expensive game, only to hate it, but keep it?
    Not really.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I horde my games I've got a massive cupboard full of them, This generation I have 125ish games for PS3 and about 50 for the 360.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since year 2005/6...
    PC gaming,
    I download all my games, then uninstall them when im bored of them. Sometimes i'll redownload them months or years later.

I dont like having CD/DVD packs laying around, to me they are like a nuisance, they take up room and are dust gatherers. Its much nicer being able to have everything hidden away on a harddrive, click and play for everything i have.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only worth trading a game if it's pretty new. The games I stop playing are old.

FIFA12 trades in at about £1 at CEX, what's the point?

Unless it's something you've only recently bought, a brand new release like Blops2, then it's not worth trading in for the couple of quid you get.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually I always keep, but that's because I usually watch a few gameplay videos on youtube, before buying.The only one I didnt do that with recently was max payne three(impulse buy in supermarket). I wished it checked first as I didnt much like the game at all. That one I might trade in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'll trade in a bad game that i've had for over a week

or i'll trade a game or two i like if the trade in value is more than the new game, then i'll just rebuy the games i liked when they are cheap
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the feeling that people who buy lots of games trade lots of games. Those of us who only buy games they really want tend to keep hold of them.

I don't think I've traded a game since PS1, and then it was only NBA96 for NBA97 or something like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Keep unless crap
  • beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    Keep.

I try not to buy games that are too similar (By example, the last FPS I bought was Borderlands GOTY edition), I'm not into sports and I generally avoid sequels so I don't buy that many games (at least, not by comparison to people that churn through trade-ins)- and even the duds I've bought (and there's been a few of those) still manage to be itneresting in some capacity and worth keeping hold of.
  • Lith66Lith66 Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I keep them all but I am thinking of just buying them online store now as they starting to take too much space up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep them these days. By the time I buy most games they've dropped in price and by the time I've finished I'd get next to nothing to trade or sell them.
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    For me it depends on the game tbh. I keep the GTA and hitman games everything else I trade in.
  • kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    I used to keep all my games except ones I disliked until I had a clear out a couple of years ago. Now I buy games close to release, complete them and get rid asap. Generally it works out the game has only cost me £2-£5 to play, plus if I liked it and want to play it again so buy 2nd hand when it's dead cheap, it means I've got the extras I got with it on release date.

There's the odd one I might keep, mostly blinking lego games for the little one.