Kies won't complete backup anymore

PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
Forum Member
✭✭✭
constantly gets stuck half way this is since the last update. real pain. maybe the phone's never had a factory reset & it's been running for about 9 months now so it's time to clean it up back to original settings?. stock 02 payg jb 4.1.2

kies really lets samsung down. top end device, crap support software.

Comments

• whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the same with iTunes. Top company, crap software.

Just dont use it, there are plenty of alternatives to backup your Android device.
  • Trevor_MaloneTrevor_Malone Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Kies is absolutely awful, no one uses it as its not fit for purpose. iTunes always works well for me "hey".

It's a shame you had to drag iTunes into this though might prevent someone offering a solution, instead you've taken it to one of your normal Samsung Apple rows. Well done
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kies is absolutely awful, no one uses it as its not fit for purpose. iTunes always works well for me "hey".

It's a shame you had to drag iTunes into this though might prevent someone offering a solution, instead you've taken it to one of your normal Samsung Apple rows. Well done

What row? I'm saying they are both crap.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kies doesn't even exist in my mind, it is so awful. It's good that it isn't really needed as there are other ways of getting things done.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt bother downloading kies...not even sure what it is. Maybe for once ive made a wise decision in not finding out.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the only other backup one i can see is titanium but you need to be rooted for it to work?

i'm open to suggestions.

i see there was a samsung windows update last night but it keeps failing to install. i'll look into it when i get back from work.

kies was slow but it worked (until now it seems).
  • Trevor_MaloneTrevor_Malone Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    the only other backup one i can see is titanium but you need to be rooted for it to work?

i'm open to suggestions.

i see there was a samsung windows update last night but it keeps failing to install. i'll look into it when i get back from work.

kies was slow but it worked (until now it seems).

Perhaps un-install Kies completely and try a re-install?