PS4 pre-orders from Monday onward will not be guaranteed

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sony has advised UK retailers that as of Monday any pre-orders made for the PS4 will not be guaranteed for launch delivery due to intense demand.

Fret not though, as shops will be getting stock to sell in-store in addition to pre-orders and online orders.

Comments

• Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Ordered mine before it was officially announced.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Order mine on June 13th, so should be ok
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I got in last month. Don't fancy fighting my way through confused parents and their whiny kids. (Yes, it's a generalisation "But I've seen it, man. I was there.")
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Fret not though, as shops will be getting stock to sell in-store in addition to pre-orders and online orders.

Meaning the likes of game will bundle them with 3 games 2 pads and ps eye and give it a massive price, and refuse to sell seperately.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meaning the likes of game will bundle them with 3 games 2 pads and ps eye and give it a massive price, and refuse to sell seperately.

It will probably be cheaper than getting one on ebay if stocks are low.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ordered it ages ago so should be ok
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That sounds like exactly the bundle i've looking for

I could see them charging a fairly reasonable £500 for a bundle like that
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Due to a lack of an imminent next gen PGA, alleged doubt over UC4* and no date for Diablo 3. Allied to the continued inspired PS3 longevity, stock levels are thankfully not a personal concern. So no rush, although I'll be keenly following the evolve of PS4 particularly Vita Remote Play.

*Despite contrary reports it would still be a surprise to me and pretty much every gamer I know if ND bin the UC series. Surely they won't?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Despite contrary reports it would still be a surprise to me and pretty much every gamer I know if ND bin the UC series. Surely they won't?!

I would be surprised if we never saw another Uncharted game but I hope Sony have the balls to put the series on hold for a couple of years.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I would be surprised if we never saw another Uncharted game but I hope Sony have the balls to put the series on hold for a couple of years.

G/f and I put a new Drake and Sully adventure very high on our PS4 hit list. Indeed if one doesn't surface, along with the now seemingly confirmed no PGA, plus the fact that Diablo 3 is PS3-able. It would place further doubt on bagging PS4 anytime remotely soon. Having said that we are very casual gamers with a specific and narrow gaming field of view. Be interesting to hear others thoughts on ND potentially offing or heavily resting the Uncharted series.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might wait while the following March, when I bought a PS3.
    Christmas frenzy nearly every time. Might be something I want to play by then.
  • davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Haven't pre-ordered yet, but atm there doesn't seem to be any need to get it at launch. Between now and new years the following games are out on ps3 and will be purchased at some point:

Sept 17: GTA5
    25 Oct: Batman Arkham Origins
    1 Nov: Ass Creed 4
    22 Nov: Watchdogs
    TBA: FFX/X-2

Trying to find the time to get a start on the last of us atm.

That's without mentioning FIFA, looks like I'll have to give that a miss this year.

The ps4 could potentially be released slap bang in the middle of that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think they should do one next year and then maybe another towards the end of the cycle

One next year, to be a real advert for what the PS4 can do and one at the end of the cycle to show how far the PS4 has progressed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davies24 wrote: »
    Haven't pre-ordered yet, but atm there doesn't seem to be any need to get it at launch. Between now and new years the following games are out on ps3 and will be purchased at some point:

Sept 17: GTA5
    25 Oct: Batman Arkham Origins
    1 Nov: Ass Creed 4
    22 Nov: Watchdogs
    TBA: FFX/X-2

Trying to find the time to get a start on the last of us atm.

That's without mentioning FIFA, looks like I'll have to give that a miss this year.

The ps4 could potentially be released slap bang in the middle of that.

I am not planning on buying a PS4 at launch but I am going to try to hold off on games like Watchdogs and Assassins Creed until I get a PS4 so I can play what I hope will be the superior version. At the very least it will mean when I do buy a PS4 next year there will be a reasonable back catalogue of games hopefully selling a little bit cheaper.
  • Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not planning on buying a PS4 at launch but I am going to try to hold off on games like Watchdogs and Assassins Creed until I get a PS4 so I can play what I hope will be the superior version. At the very least it will mean when I do buy a PS4 next year there will be a reasonable back catalogue of games hopefully selling a little bit cheaper.

doing the same thing nothing grabs me game wise prices to much and my money situation is different from when I got a PS3 day one. There are still some great games for PS3 they will do for now.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats exactly what i plan to do atm. Get it for watchdogs.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gonna pre order one this weekend but no point now if not guaranteed. have to wait now.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    dazb wrote: »
    I was gonna pre order one this weekend but no point now if not guaranteed. have to wait now.

i would pre order one anyway.

if you dont get one at launch or a few days after, then you can always cancel the pre order.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    It isn't Monday yet!

Also I would imagine Sony would give some breathing room on that Monday cut-off, just to be safe and avoid situations where if for some reason there was a massive spike of pre-orders this week meaning they ran over their allotment before Monday kind of thing.