Nexus 7 & Skype

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
anyone else have sound problems using Skype on the nexus 7? Every call i make is plagued with hissing and interference and i can't hear the caller and they can't hear me.
i tried using another video calling app and still same thing.. anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used skype few weeks ago on my nexus 7 in a 3 way conversation, worked well, they could hear me and i could hear them CLEARLY. At 1st i tried google talk but when the camera is on, i could not hear them but they could hear me. cam and mic worked in a 2 way conversation though. i just plugged in my standard headphones, using sky internet. Have not tried again since then.
  • GoobyGooby Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We gave a Nexus 7 to the olds in New Zealand for Christmas and have been skyping no problem since we arrived back in the UK. We did have problems whilst we were there though. We tried to test (and teach them how to use) skype by me using my Nexus to skype them on their on the same wifi network. That did not work - we could not get any sound.
    Not sure if it is related to your problem but you could add it to what other people say to narrow down the issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks guys.. I'll try it with headphones next call..