Forum Member
http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/03/31/joni-mitchell-hospitalized-ambulance-911

No this is not one of those April fools jokes but some potentially sad news:(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was gutted when I read this earlier but she's still with us so am hoping for the best. Huge fan of Joni here!
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/03/31/joni-mitchell-hospitalized-ambulance-911

No this is not one of those April fools jokes but some potentially sad news:(

She's apparently sitting up in bed and feeling much better now. Hope her recovery continues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    She's apparently sitting up in bed and feeling much better now. Hope her recovery continues.

That's very reassuring to hear. Fingers crossed things keep getting better for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only a couple of replies for Joni? That's sad.
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »

Yes it is sad.

I have a theory though when i was young people looked at what had gone before i was a fan of the blues and whose artists were largely in their 70s/80s today most but not all youngsters do not really bother to look at the past music like my generation.

Hence the very low posting rate as people are generally and i mean this with respect are ignorant of the musical past.

I wish Joni Well and hope for a full recovery.:)
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Joni, though I must admit her last album Shine was so relentlessly cynical and depressing I actually took it back for a refund. Anyway, she is/was a true icon, an original and her 60's/70's albums have really stood the test of time. She's everything Joan Baez wishes she was and ranks high as far as being a musician's musician is concerned. Hope she makes a full recovery.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member

It is sad. a combination I think of not enough older people posting regularly on ds and young people maybe not being as curious about previous eras as was once the case.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope it's not Paradise (paved or otherwise) for her for some years yet.
  • Options
    Ann_TennaAnn_Tenna Posts: 395
    Forum Member

It is rather sad.

I am older and remember her music but was never a fan, to be honest. I like one or two of her songs, like "Help Me" but other than that, I didn't listen to her that much.

It certainly doesn't mean that I don't wish her well.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just out of interest, she reports herself to be suffering with Morgellans Disease. Very controversial but fascinating condition.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/02/morgellons-disease-joni-mitchell_n_6993524.html
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone remotely interested in music should have a copy of "Blue" in there record collection. What an album.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hope she makes a full recovery
    Fantastic musician
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amelia... It was just a false alarm....

Oh Joni. I came to her late, but better late than never.

Strangely, I was playing a lot of Joni around the time of the news.

Haven't got the early stuff yet, but i'm addicted to Hejira/Don Juans Reckless Daughter/Hissing Of The Summer Lawns & Court & Spark.

Actually got into her via the orchestral reworks on Travelogue. Namely 'The Sire Of Sorrow'.

Totally amazing. Hope you get better Joni! My musical palette has definitely benefited from getting into your music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has there been anymore news or updates on how Joni is doing?
  • Options
    tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been anymore news or updates on how Joni is doing?

I saw CS&N recently in Cardiff. Graham Nash dedicated Our House to Joni and said that she was conscious but still very weak. He said that it would take a long time before she would be up to any form of public appearance but he hoped for a full recovery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tomvoxx wrote: »
    I saw CS&N recently in Cardiff. Graham Nash dedicated Our House to Joni and said that she was conscious but still very weak. He said that it would take a long time before she would be up to any form of public appearance but he hoped for a full recovery.

Thank you and good to hear that Joni is on the mend albeit slowly 👍