Alan Wake is it any good

biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
Forum Member
Thinking of getting this anyonehere any opinions about this game
Is it scary
Is the story good etc

I love dead space , resident evil , silent hill all the major horror titles so should i like alan wake

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it a bit tedious in the end. Visually it looks amazing, but for me, it became a bit of a grind to get through it. But that's just me though :)
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    As you can find it for around £10 i would say its worth a play.

Looks stunning, but it does get abit tedious, but i managed to finish it (so cant be to tedious)

It may have a few moments that makes you jump, but its nothing serious, and the story is good.
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    I thought it was OK too and managed to complete it.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    How long is the story anyways?
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Alan Wake is one of the better games I've played this gen. Pretty stunning visuals and great combat. As a 3rd person shooter it stacks up well against the best of them, it's a tense game with some pretty creepy moments, turn the sound up and the lights down and you've got some very good atmosphere. The gameplay is repetitive but you could level that complaint at any number of similar titles. My advice is to play it on hard, it makes the combat anything other than tedious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it, its a shooter but with a unique twist. Like said above it can be very tense that can sometimes make the hairs on your neck stand on end. Pick it up and play it, you won't regret it.
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you like story driven games you'll love it. The only thing that some people might not like is the fact that theres no side missions apart from picking up those pages and the thermos bottles which I found annoying.
    Forum Member
    I did like Silent Hill downpour which got a lot of comparisons to Alan wake

anyways ill be getting it for a 10er later so will be getting stuck in soon
  • JDBabyJDBaby Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed playing the game. Good all round, but as mentioned the action is a bit repetitive.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i enjoyed the typical "stephen king small town america" setting

its £7 in morrisons
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it, for me it was one of those games you're dissapointed you've finished because you wanted it to keep on going.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the chimp wrote: »
    I loved it, for me it was one of those games you're dissapointed you've finished because you wanted it to keep on going.

It's possibly my favourite xbox title!!!! (is there a sequel in the works? :cool:)
    Forum Member
    Just finished this was enjoyable but did find it very dull in parts
    The story was meh aswell
    Eniemes were boring as hell though and it was very repetive how they came at you the exact same way almost like 98% of the time i did enjoy the cinematic aspect to the game though

This game did look amazing though it had stunning graphics and locations shame about the monsters though

Overall yes it was worth the 15 quid i paid for it ill trade it in and get 5-6 back so im happy lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good game cheap as well I would recommend personally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Got it as a gift a while back, wasn't expecting it but was told on its reviews I should play it.

I have to say I personally enjoyed it, would only ever play it at night in the dark to add a bit of atmosphere. Definitely worth a play through for the price it is.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    It's possibly my favourite xbox title!!!! (is there a sequel in the works? :cool:)

There are hints there will be a sequel, nothing concrete yet though. There's the standalone XBL title American Nightmare ofc
    http://www.alanwake.com/american-nightmare/
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    fluffed wrote: »
    There are hints there will be a sequel, nothing concrete yet though. There's the standalone XBL title American Nightmare ofc
    http://www.alanwake.com/american-nightmare/

Just a heads up - American Nightmare is half price from the 5th Feb.