100% ALLEGED Showbiz, Blind Items and Gossip Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    ooh new Popbitch one

Which pop star is really starting
    to feel the affects from their
    monster cocaine habit?

surely not Miss Lala :eek:

I think this is written as to be her.

I thought i had read she had Lupus. My Aunt had that. If she has swollen joints, it means she's having a flare and that's painful stuff.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »

I thought i had read she had Lupus. My Aunt had that. If she has swollen joints, it means she's having a flare and that's painful stuff.

I would say so for sure and have a fondness for PB items.

Yes, thanks that's what it was Lupus, I think at the time she got diagnosed the mags said she was dying. I remember thinking it was sad
    Forum Member
    From Blind Gossip:

The Handsome Villain

This talented actor manages to be both handsome and a little creepy at the same time. The mix has worked well for him in several of his most famous roles. In fact, he played the antagonist in one of the highest-grossing movies of all time. Although he was the love interest in that movie, he has always been very quiet about his personal life. He's been married and divorced, but you rarely hear about him dating. That may change soon.

He is taking with his friends about coming out as a gay man. He is unsure how this will effect his career. He is under 50 years of age, he is not currently signed to a major agency, and he hasn't played the lead in a big film in a while. Since he already has 50+ credits to his name, and tends to work on multiple films each year, he hopes this will not impact his career negatively. In fact, he rather optimistically hopes that the added attention may help his name bubble to the surface for some major leading roles that will be cast this year.
    Forum Member
    ^^^^ :eek: The Phantom has had some beautiful beards along the way.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats the first person I thought of too :D
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member

Not getting that hint at all.

Any other hint ?

:D
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »

Any other hint ?

:confused: Um... The villain in the film about the ship that sank. Where the clue "bubble to the surface" fits in imo.
  • RubyVicksterRubyVickster Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Hasn't he got a young child, and is currently married?
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not currently married but does have a baby with girlfriend.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »

Any other hint ?

Derek should listen to his friend.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I just want to say that I love this thread

I read it every day

I never get any of the clues (I must be a bit dim) but I do have fun trying to guess :D

Thankyou to all who contribute to the thread
  • indywindyw Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    mvloca wrote: »
    I'm going to use names on this as it's not a blind, he's said Kimbra wasn't the first choice and there were others, it's common knowledge.

Just want to pour water on Delta Goodrem as there's no way an artist like Wally would use a fluffy pop singer like Delta. Wouldn't happen. Personally I think it's a credible indie singer and therefore people you've never heard of like Julia Stone, Sarah Blasko, Bertie Blackman, Holly Throsby...etc

I'd actually guess Missy Higgins. Whenever he toured he sung the song with Missy and I'm sure I remember hearing on a YT video of one of his tours that she was the original choice but was in the middle of producing / releasing her own album.
  • wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: Um... The villain in the film about the ship that sank. Where the clue "bubble to the surface" fits in imo.

Hmm, is it that fella who seems a bit "insane" (substitute the S for a Z) ?
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wildhollie wrote: »
    Hmm, is it that fella who seems a bit "insane" (substitute the S for a Z) ?

That was who I thought the clues were referring to,
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member

Sorry, I was pretty thick to miss that. I think I am going Inzane.
    Forum Member
    From CDAN:

What do you do when your parents and me weekly activity group is invaded by a celebrity? On Saturday this A list singer with a great voice and her celebrity husband took their kid to play at an activity group. This is just a regular group but the celebrity parents decided since they were around that there needed to be special rules. Parents who usually take photos and videos of their children were told they would not be able to this time because some parent might try and take a photo of the celebrities. The woman who runs the group was threatened by an assistant to the celebrities to make sure that every parent complied.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From CDAN:

What do you do when your parents and me weekly activity group is invaded by a celebrity? On Saturday this A list singer with a great voice and her celebrity husband took their kid to play at an activity group. This is just a regular group but the celebrity parents decided since they were around that there needed to be special rules. Parents who usually take photos and videos of their children were told they would not be able to this time because some parent might try and take a photo of the celebrities. The woman who runs the group was threatened by an assistant to the celebrities to make sure that every parent complied.

This should be quite easy.

A list singer married to a celeb.

Singer with a good voice (narrows it somewhat)

Only have one child.

I assume the child must be older than, say, 9 months and younger than 3.

Must be someone a bit pretentious...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From CDAN:

Would the formerly just married woman be classes as A-list?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From CDAN:

Or the baby whose parents tried to copyright her name?

But they might describe her husband as more than a celeb and they may describe the singer as A++ ?
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Or the baby whose parents tried to copyright her name?

But they might describe her husband as more than a celeb and they may describe the singer as A++ ?

That was who I thought of,
    Forum Member
    I agree it's the copyright couple. Why not A+ :confused: CDAN's rating system means one thing one week, something another. You can see that during the reveals that happen twice a year. People can go up & down in their ratings by sometimes just a couple of weeks.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to say which blinds are real and which are made up. A lot of the people running these sights, CDAN and blind gossip, have admitted to making things up, but some have also turned out to be true. Time will tell I guess.
    Forum Member
    It's hard to say which blinds are real and which are made up. A lot of the people running these sights, CDAN and blind gossip, have admitted to making things up, but some have also turned out to be true. Time will tell I guess.

Yep. I think it's always been that balance of made up things and stuff they get from sources. Maids, babysitters, waiters etc.....
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about Top Gun. Did he need to get busy on the casting couch in order to get roles? Got cast an an outsider by The Godfather (who's always spotted future stars) and then went A list after the success of Top Gun. Not sure about this. TG just springs to mind because of all the rumours about him.

I'd be thinking about someone who had a fairly meteoric rise, The Bodyguard perhaps? Co-starred early on with Lois Einhorn/Ray Finkel, who has been doing tv recently.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lupus is nasty, and it doesn't matter if it's a celeb (or zeleb). My mother-in-law has Lupus, has had since in her late teens (she's nearly 70 now) and she's registered blind because of it, her kidneys don't work, she's got all the swollen joints issues (think arthritis - severe arthritis at that) and she's frequently in hospital because of complications. It's a downward spiral (a bit like MS, although it's a different kind of disease with a very different cause, but the periods of 'remission' are similar, and get shorter over time...). It's usually diagnosed in late teens/early 20s, and there can be a genetic link... and with two daughters myself approaching the right age group, with their paternal grandmother so ill, it's a concern.

Some blinds are just 'fun' for speculation's sake, but when it may involve an illness such as Lupus (or cancer, as a recent blind did) or even be suggestive of the same, it doesn't/shouldn't matter who the subject is, or how well they're liked/perceived by the public at large, they are in a medical version of hell with no hope of recovery/reprieve (at least with cancer there is a chance of that - with Lupus there is absolutely none at all :()
This discussion has been closed.