did michael ball ever have an affair?

Comments

• jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a totally fake relationship - she gets money and power and he gets a beard. i heard she even used to give him permission to see young men on a Thursday night! He is petrified of being found out. Apparentjy he doesn't want to upset the Jewish family and he doesn't want to lose his fan base. But he has lost all respect in the business in his evasion of the truth and its so sad and bad that he doesn't come out and be a role model.

I am sorry you are upset that MB or CM do not behave as you think they should. Your word 'fake' really refers only to sex, or rather the perceived lack of, however. Cathy M is established in her own right btw. I doubt that their feelings for each other as people are fake at all. Everyone is an individual as I'm sure you would agree. Each has their own past and their own hurts and each finds comfort in their own way.

I should think his family know about his accident and that it will not have been easy for him. His fans and others mostly couldn't care less about his 'Thursday nights'. :D Good luck to him on that score. Nothing to be petrified about at all.

It is wrong to insist that everyone, without fail or exception, 'come out', be a 'role model'. You have a different opinion and that is your right but I consider it a subtle form of bullying.

And maybe not everyone's sexuality is easily defined or written in stone.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a totally fake relationship - she gets money and power and he gets a beard. i heard she even used to give him permission to see young men on a Thursday night! He is petrified of being found out. Apparentjy he doesn't want to upset the Jewish family and he doesn't want to lose his fan base. But he has lost all respect in the business in his evasion of the truth and its so sad and bad that he doesn't come out and be a role model.

If Cathy has given him permission to do whatever he does on a Thursday night it's really nobody's business but theirs, so why is it bothering you so much? Who is the 'Jewish family ' he doesn't want to upset? MB isn't Jewish and AFAIK neither is Cathy. In my experience Jewish people don't seem as bothered by homosexuality as non-Jewish ones and take it in their stride.

All this ranting of yours really sounds as if he may have knocked you back at one time and you're bullying him to come out. It's really nothing to do with anyone - including you - if he comes out or if he doesn't.
  • DaughterqueenDaughterqueen Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    If Cathy has given him permission to do whatever he does on a Thursday night it's really nobody's business but theirs, so why is it bothering you so much? Who is the 'Jewish family ' he doesn't want to upset? MB isn't Jewish and AFAIK neither is Cathy. In my experience Jewish people don't seem as bothered by homosexuality as non-Jewish ones and take it in their stride.

All this ranting of yours really sounds as if he may have knocked you back at one time and you're bullying him to come out. It's really nothing to do with anyone - including you - if he comes out or if he doesn't.
    With all due respect Saltydog, MB encouraged the truth be told in his radio programme late last year but is not truthful himself.
    He knows where the money is coming from - the middle aged ladies - and doesn't want to upset the apple cart.
    I disagree with you regarding being a role model. There is homophobia even in showbiz and by coming out he would be setting a fantastic example to young people out there who are still being bullied and threatened and feel suicidal.
    MB owes it and he really should come out and be truthful and help others rather than being selfish.
    It's hardly a secret that he is actively (passively) as gay as Christmas in the West End. Ps - sorry to disappoint you but MB hasn't 'knocked me back'.
  • ScenciaScencia Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    With all due respect Saltydog, MB encouraged the truth be told in his radio programme late last year but is not truthful himself.
    He knows where the money is coming from - the middle aged ladies - and doesn't want to upset the apple cart.
    I disagree with you regarding being a role model. There is homophobia even in showbiz and by coming out he would be setting a fantastic example to young people out there who are still being bullied and threatened and feel suicidal.
    MB owes it and he really should come out and be truthful and help others rather than being selfish.
    It's hardly a secret that he is actively (passively) as gay as Christmas in the West End. Ps - sorry to disappoint you but MB hasn't 'knocked me back'.

And this is where your points become irrelevent
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lancy wrote: »
    Me neither. He's been married twice and has 6 children!

If true, then he's probably bi-sexual. I think a lot of people seem to think that people must be either straight or gay.
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I'm past being a middle-aged lady, and I think MB is a wonderful performer and from what I 've seen of him, a thoroughly nice person. I had the joy of seeing him in Hairspray and he was wonderful. What does it matter what his sexuality is. I thought that sort of witch hunt was long gone.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member

I'd love to know why you think YOUR expectations of MB are even relevant.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'm just touching middle aged and like him irrespective of his sexuality. AFAIK, most of the 'middle aged ladies' I know love a gay man. John Barrowman has played male romantic leads in the West End, is well loved and I don't think it would matter a jot (and it wouldn't be that much of a surprise!) if MB came out as gay. I just don't think he owes it to anyone to reveal it if he doesn't want to. What he 'owes' the public is to turn in high quality performances when he is paid well to do so (unless he's ill, of course).

Even if Cathy Mc Gowan is a 'beard' they obviously have a good relationship that works well for them. Karen 59 seems to know him quite well and I believe what she says. Contradicts the story I heard somewhat (about him being a diva) which was only third hand and I am glad to be corrected.
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you think middle aged ladies would worry about whether someone is gay or not, you have never been to a Barrowman concert
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rionia wrote: »
    If you think middle aged ladies would worry about whether someone is gay or not, you have never been to a Barrowman concert

Ah, snapsies! We posted at the same time. Too right. I've been and it was madness. Even the straight men were dancing in the aisles!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If he hasn't knocked you back, what on earth is your motive for bullying him to come out? Because bullying is exactly what your posts are. It's none of your business what he does in his private life and even if he IS gay, he has no obligation to you, me or the general public to come out. You say he 'owes it'. Why exactly? He owes the public nothing as far as his sexuality goes.

The gay community have many fantastic role models - there's no need to add more just because a bully thinks one individual should be more open.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with you regarding being a role model.

I never mentioned role models - that was you.....
    its so sad and bad that he doesn't come out and be a role model.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    Well I'm past being a middle-aged lady, and I think MB is a wonderful performer and from what I 've seen of him, a thoroughly nice person. I had the joy of seeing him in Hairspray and he was wonderful. What does it matter what his sexuality is. I thought that sort of witch hunt was long gone.

Me too. As if all middle-aged or older ladies are a homogenous bunch of homophobes. Ageist much? Perhaps we should all come out and show what separate individuals and role models we are and that we are - surprise - open-minded and aware of gay issues. :D We might even be gay/bisexual/other ourselves.

You should see me on Fridays.
  • Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daughterqueen, I think what might surprise you is that all the Michael Ball fans I know - and I know a LOT because I've been a fan for over 20 years - are already completely aware of his sexuality. And, do you know what? We really don't care!

Michael has said basically that "he's said enough to make people aware but he doesn't think being specific about it is anyone's business". (Or words to that effect.)

John Barrowman has chosen to be open about his sexuality and that's his own choice, good for him. Michael prefers to keep quiet and that's his choice too.

Michael's a fabulous entertainer, as is John Barrowman. We fans don't give a hoot about their sexuality, those days are long gone thank goodness!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yorkie47 wrote: »
    Daughterqueen, I think what might surprise you is that all the Michael Ball fans I know - and I know a LOT because I've been a fan for over 20 years - are already completely aware of his sexuality. And, do you know what? We really don't care!

Michael has said basically that "he's said enough to make people aware but he doesn't think being specific about it is anyone's business". (Or words to that effect.)

John Barrowman has chosen to be open about his sexuality and that's his own choice, good for him. Michael prefers to keep quiet and that's his choice too.

Michael's a fabulous entertainer, as is John Barrowman. We fans don't give a hoot about their sexuality, those days are long gone thank goodness!

Ay-men to that! :)
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,367
    Forum Member
    rionia wrote: »

Exactly.

Older ladies love gay men. Sorry to disappoint. :)

I can never understand why people's sexuality is so important to other people. Michael Ball seems to be a lovely man and his preferences are of no interest to me at all.

I also don't understand why gay people are so keen on others 'coming out'. Why is it so important? :confused:

Surely in this day and age there are more than enough role models for younger gays to follow. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marilliona wrote: »
    Well said! I was getting very upset reading the rest of this thread and am glad someone who knows has put things straight. I have friends who know the lovely Michael and they have always said what a true gentleman he is, how lovely, generous and thoughtful he is (I am still waiting for my introduction! hint hint!)
    I quoted your post because Karens' excellent post was too long, but thank you so much for that.
    I've known a very well known TV presenter since he was a kid and he has met and interviewed literally thousands of Zlebs from A listers to -z.
    He's also been at the taunts of hs sexuality by people who haven't a clue. If he was he'd just come out and say it. What you see is what you get. It makes him ache with laughter. :p

Before I ramble on, his opinion is that Michael Ball is one of the kindest,most loving men you can meet and he loves interviewing him. He is in a very caring, long term relationship with Cathy. Why every single musical theatre star has to be outed as gay is beyond me. What if is? I should think there are more gays in the theatre than straight. But they're mostly completely open about it. It isn't a stigma so why the nudge nudge, wink wink, cryptic and plain bloody obvious innuendos are of interest to anyone I dont know either. Daughterqueen I find your posts bordering on the offensive.
    .He gives people hours of pleasure either at concert or on stage and his persona is of an excited puppy, I find that more endearing than "n" amount of precious luvvies. Dont get me started on Patrick Stewart and his ilk. :mad:
    Noone is under any obligation to let all and sundry know their private life. It doesn't matter.

Most of all he protects his family and privacy fiercely not parading them across tabloids and magazines, so most dont know anything about his life.

I wish you'd speculate on people like Tom Cruise and John Travolta. I want to know if they're gay. ;):confused::p

And yes that last sentence was me laying on the sarcasm with a trowel. :cool:
  • DaughterqueenDaughterqueen Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    I quoted your post because Karens' excellent post was too long, but thank you so much for that.
    I've known a very well known TV presenter since he was a kid and he has met and interviewed literally thousands of Zlebs from A listers to -z.
    He's also been at the taunts of hs sexuality by people who haven't a clue. If he was he'd just come out and say it. What you see is what you get. It makes him ache with laughter. :p

Before I ramble on, his opinion is that Michael Ball is one of the kindest,most loving men you can meet and he loves interviewing him. He is in a very caring, long term relationship with Cathy. Why every single musical theatre star has to be outed as gay is beyond me. What if is? I should think there are more gays in the theatre than straight. But they're mostly completely open about it. It isn't a stigma so why the nudge nudge, wink wink, cryptic and plain bloody obvious innuendos are of interest to anyone I dont know either. Daughterqueen I find your posts bordering on the offensive.
    .He gives people hours of pleasure either at concert or on stage and his persona is of an excited puppy, I find that more endearing than "n" amount of precious luvvies. Dont get me started on Patrick Stewart and his ilk. :mad:
    Noone is under any obligation to let all and sundry know their private life. It doesn't matter.

Most of all he protects his family and privacy fiercely not parading them across tabloids and magazines, so most dont know anything about his life.

I wish you'd speculate on people like Tom Cruise and John Travolta. I want to know if they're gay. ;):confused::p

And yes that last sentence was me laying on the sarcasm with a trowel. :cool:

I am a woman in my 40's and would not want to get caught up with either of them.
    He is a crooner. Not my cup of Rosie at all. But I can't understand why he is not honest can you?
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,367
    Forum Member
    Honest about what?

It's nobody's business but his own. End of story.

Sorry Saltydog, we posted at the same time :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a woman in my 40's and would not want to get caught up with either of them.
    He is a crooner. Not my cup of Rosie at all. But I can't understand why he is not honest can you?
    I dont know what age has to do with it. But to answer your question "Yes" It's his business, not yours.

(from a huge musical theatre loving pensioner! who apparently are all homophobic and wouldn't bother going if he "came out")

:D *roars with laughter*

Seems to me there is one poster who has problems with gay performers, and it sure isn't me. I'd look a bit closer to home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daughterqueen - I've noticed that you've made nasty comments about MB and also about Cathy McGowan on a couple of other threads currently running, and I've also noticed that you're relatively new to DS. Did you join purely so that you could have a pop at them?

Being as you're so in favour of being open and honest, maybe you could tell us what your own agenda is here?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have you changed your profile to being a 49 year old female? I'm almost certain you were male previously and probably, from your posts, a lot younger. I have a very good memory and you were male in your profile, But that would not be honest?

I don't believe you are a 49 year old female. It makes no sense and neither do you, sorry. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh yes, all middle-aged women talk like that, don't they? :D:p

And what's with the 'crooner'? Is that what they say as well? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    Have you changed your profile to being a 49 year old female? I'm almost certain you were male previously and probably, from your posts, a lot younger. I have a very good memory and you were male in your profile, But that would not be honest?

I don't believe you are a 49 year old female. It makes no sense and neither do you, sorry. :)

I said exactly the same last night jamtamara and strictlyfloss, and the post got removed. Yesterday the person in question's profile did say 'Male', now it's changed. How odd. :confused:

It looks to me as if someone likes to troll so maybe they're best left alone and this nastiness might die a death.
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    Oh yes, all middle-aged women talk like that, don't they? :D:p

And what's with the 'crooner'? Is that what they say as well? ;)

I have been following this thread, and Daughterqueen`s use of language has been pretty strange throughout. Maybe he/she is trying to be something he/she is not...