Which shops do you refuse to step foot in?

Comments

• saggy1saggy1 Posts: 4,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am thrilled to be able to post that I don't want to ever set foot in Evans.I have lost nearly 5 stone and don't ever plan to have to shop in Evans again as long as I may live!!The fun I'm having finding out what my slimmer style is has cost me a fortune but it's great!!

Lidl is good for kids sweets and biscuits!

Asda is good for kids toys,staionary,and household goods...Just not so keen on their food!
  • pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I used to think PC World was good - until I got the Internet!

:D

Have you seen the 'Brown-box' range?

No instructions or bubble-wrap inside. :eek:

PC World as I dont like the staff that shop there and prices..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote:
    I am boycotting Harrods, Wolverhampton ;)

i.e. Beaties?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,499
    Forum Member
    Eva Leigh wrote:
    New Look :o Sorry I know theres some fans on here - I just dont like the way which ever store you go into its always the same. Clothes in a muddle or on the floor, people standing in the way or prams blocking the passageways.
    I hate New Look, the clothes only look nice until you wash them, then they go baggy!
  • pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I think you're talking about TK-Maxx?

Eva Leigh wrote:
    New Look :o Sorry I know theres some fans on here - I just dont like the way which ever store you go into its always the same. Clothes in a muddle or on the floor, people standing in the way or prams blocking the passageways.
  • Rab CRab C Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No longer buy from any high street electrical store because of this scenario that happened to me once:

Me: I want that XYZ Washing Machine

Them: Okay sir I will just take some details

Me: Before you say anything I don't want any extended warranties

Them: This machine comes with one years warranty. For £200 I can extend it to five years.

Me: I said I don't want an extended warranty, I am an electronics engineer and can fix it myself if goes wrong

Them: Can I just show the comparison between our warranty and Hoovers's

Me: Arggg!! ** storms out **
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the list of stores I wont go into
    Currys Digital
    PC World
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote:
    Comet: not since I took them to court over a crap washing machine (I won the case).

I have issues with Comet and Curry's, will not step in those stores because of the way they push you into buying an extended warranty.

Once a few years ago I bought a new Walkman from Curry's, after giving the salesman my credit card he asked me about an extended warranty, I said no thanks. He tried again, I said no thanks and he continued. I got really pissed off and I wanted to simply walk out but the guy had my credit card in his hand. I said to him "I Do not want warranty on a £15 walkman", I said it very loud so everyone in the store could hear. He backed off, paid for my walkman and walked out.
  • Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saggy1 wrote:
    I am thrilled to be able to post that I don't want to ever set foot in Evans.I have lost nearly 5 stone and don't ever plan to have to shop in Evans again as long as I may live!!The fun I'm having finding out what my slimmer style is has cost me a fortune but it's great!!

What a great reason. Well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pault2006 wrote:
    I used to think PC World was good - until I got the Internet!

Have you seen the 'Brown-box' range?

No instructions or bubble-wrap inside. :eek:

They are non-retail versions, they don't come with instructions, they are for people who know what they are doing.
    Oh about the bubble wrap, they use foam not bubblewrap.
  • saggy1saggy1 Posts: 4,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great reason. Well done.

Thank you!Feel very proud and am now only overweight not obese so feel safe from the government's wrath!! :)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'm not in the least bit snobbish about any store or shop. I shop anywhere from Fortnum and Mason to Lidl and everywhere in between.

But, I absolutely refuse to shop in Tesco as they are intent on taking over the world and closing down every individual shop. One day, all there will be to shop in will be Tesco.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have thought of a couple more:

Farmfoods- Sells cheap frozen muck

Lidl- Like a bargain basement Aldis, total rubbish

Christmas Shops- I wouldn't buy any item of electrical decorations from there because I do not wish my house to burn down.
  • SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not in the least bit snobbish about any store or shop. I shop anywhere from Fortnum and Mason to Lidl and everywhere in between.

But, I absolutely refuse to shop in Tesco as they are intent on taking over the world and closing down every individual shop. One day, all there will be to shop in will be Tesco.
    Yep and then there will be no low prices and "Every little helps" :rolleyes:
  • c grahamc graham Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    virgin megastores gives me a sore head
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member
    Tesco - evil empire.

... they have destroyed the local economy of my hometown with their ghastly big shed...

Fair play, our County Council refused them planning, but then Tesco went to the National Assembly to appeal, and they overruled our local democratic council in favour of Tesco. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: into infinity.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Sprogg wrote:
    Yep and then there will be no low prices and "Every little helps" :rolleyes:

I manage to buy all I need at prices as low or lower than Tesco and I don't need their pathetic 'every little helps' rubbish. Read Welsh-lad's post for verifying exactly my point about them taking over.
  • CHUTNEYCHUTNEY Posts: 16,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pault2006 wrote:
    I don't really like going into Argos.

Trying to find an available catalogue to browse (most already being used by someone).

Trying to find a pen to write down your order.

Having to sit down, waiting for your special number to come up (like being in a bingo hall!).

It's so tedious! :rolleyes:

The trick is to pay for your order then nip out to do some other shopping and come back in 15-20 minutes. ;)
    I REFUSE to sit down on the awful seats they provide for customers, have you seen some of the 'types' who go in there? :o :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,361
    Forum Member
    Could not ever go in Netto - that's how bad I feel. I've never been in nor Aldi.

Been to Matalan and hated it. Cheap rubbish. Mother in law said she was going to buy my baby some clothes off the £1 rail there. I know my face dropped. Sorry but NOOOOOOO!!

I can't stand New Look because the clothes seem to be nice on the rack but they go out of shape after 1 wash.

I'm not keen on Woolworths either. The children's clothes are often grubby as if they've fallen on the floor.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark and Spencers Food Halls. I've been in about 5 of them around London and the're all the same - TOO COLD! Is it run by penguins?

New Look - why do they overstock their stores by about 40%?

Fat Face - £14 for a surfy plastic necklace? Donefinksomate.

WH Smith. What's the point of a newsagents that doesn't sell crisps and ****? Anyway, I buy music digitally and book online.

McDonalds - why do babies vomitting back their burgers always catch my eye when I'm in there? What are babies doing eating McDonalds anyway?

B & Q - I keep forgetting it's a hardware store not a homeware store and come out with nothing.

Asda - the clothes look nice in store but someone look cheap by the time you've got them home. Is it the lighting? :D

I could go on...:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fi~ wrote:
    reserve on the internet and all thats gone and pay by switch or cc at the card point and all thats gone ;)
    If you can find a "quick pay" point that:
    a) is working;
    b) hasn't got chewing gum/other shite stuffed in the card reader;
    c) hasn't had the card reader stolen by a chav;
    d) has paper in to print your collection receipt;
  • CHUTNEYCHUTNEY Posts: 16,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kittomic wrote:
    Could not ever go in Netto - that's how bad I feel. I've never been in nor Aldi.

Been to Matalan and hated it. Cheap rubbish. Mother in law said she was going to buy my baby some clothes off the £1 rail there. I know my face dropped. Sorry but NOOOOOOO!!

I can't stand New Look because the clothes seem to be nice on the rack but they go out of shape after 1 wash.

I'm not keen on Woolworths either. The children's clothes are often grubby as if they've fallen on the floor.

Netto is ok (was in there tonight :o ), paying over the odds for the same stuff in a 'better shop' is just madness and a snobbery that enriches somebody else, at your expense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really a shop, but I won't go into the local SpecSavers. Twice I went in for an eye test and new glasses and the manager was very rude and patronising both times. The second time I told him what I thought of him and walked out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote:
    Here are a few you won't catch me in:

ASDA - I am not a chav and don't like to slap my back pocket like a prat

Morrisons - do they ever have anything you want in stock?

Co-op - Home of the living dead

Dixons (now called Curry Digital) - the world's most clueless shop staff. Do they actually train their staff on what they are selling?

Matalan - I like my things to last longer than 3 weeks before falling apart

Any others to add to the list?

I take exception to that! I worked at Currys(Part of Dixons Stores Group DSG) and was extremely knowledgable about every product we sold. I would like to think that my customers appreciated my help (WHich some did and showed it, by coming back to me time after time) Most of my collegues were exactly the same. Looks to me that you got the Saturday boy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I have to laugh at Curry's, dvd players, once years ago they state the don't sell multi-region dvd players so I had a word with a couple of members of staff.

The members I spoke to confirmed they don't sell multi-region players but I managed to prove them wrong when I produced the hacks for the players they were selling.:p