Amanda Bynes on Twitter

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I really don't get why it is when your a celeb and you stop being what everyone thought you were your "mentally ill".

The medical definition for mental illness is: when you are or could be a harm to yourself and others.

I was watching a documentary on E! where she said she does miss hanging out with kids her own age who weren't actors. This was when she was 13. :(

She's unhinged but I read her tweets she knows this and as a result I don't think she's anywhere near lilo. Someone asked "where are your parents" she said she hasn't talked to them because she's unable to forgive them. For what I wish I knew.

She knows about her body image problem and has addresses her bulimia and anorexia. As for the YouTube vid my mates used to duck face for attention and Facebook hits all the time. :D . Weird I know

I honestly think she is addressing her issues in her way. It may not be orthodox but its not harming anyone. Plus if i felt wronged by my childhood I would want to get rid of all reminders my look especially, so I don't blame her for the image overhaul.
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ghettodemi wrote: »
    I really don't get why it is when your a celeb and you stop being what everyone thought you were your "mentally ill".

The medical definition for mental illness is: when you are or could be a harm to yourself and others.

I was watching a documentary on E! where she said she does miss hanging out with kids her own age who weren't actors. This was when she was 13. :(

She's unhinged but I read her tweets she knows this and as a result I don't think she's anywhere near lilo. Someone asked "where are your parents" she said she hasn't talked to them because she's unable to forgive them. For what I wish I knew.

She knows about her body image problem and has addresses her bulimia and anorexia. As for the YouTube vid my mates used to duck face for attention and Facebook hits all the time. :D . Weird I know

I honestly think she is addressing her issues in her way. It may not be orthodox but its not harming anyone. Plus if i felt wronged by my childhood I would want to get rid of all reminders my look especially, so I don't blame her for the image overhaul.

To be honest, I do think she's a danger to herself. She's clearly abusing drugs (probably as a form of self medicating in an attempt to fight her demons) and doesn't appear to have any real friends to support her. Which leaves her at risk of putting herself in dangerous situations. Not to mention the fact she doesn't seem to know what she's doing most of the time.

I don't think reinventing yourself or drastically changing your appearance is a sign of mental illness. But she hasn't just done that. She's been arrested numerous times over the past few years, has been spotted talking to inanimate objects, been kicked out of the gym for behaving erratically, not to mention locking herself in bathrooms for hours on end. All those things aren't an image change, they're a sign that something is very wrong.

As for the ''duck face'' video, I think there's a big difference between people posing in pictures/videos with their friends doing the ''duck face'' thinking it makes them look cool, and the video she posted. She's clearly off her face on drugs in it, and not just that, but that video makes it very clear to me that she isn't well mentally. This isn't someone who is just high, it's someone who simply isn't well.

Anyway, I'm not a psychologist, so perhaps I'm way off the mark (or maybe she's pulling a similar stunt to Joaquin Phoenix.) But I do genuinely believe that she's mentally unwell.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it isn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    No it isn't.

Sorry I meant sectioned mental illness because people are asking why nothing has been done.

I didn't know she was still on the pot but I follow her on twitter and she will answer fans worry about her. If she is on drugs then this could be a factor for her eratic behaviour.

I really don't want to label her cos I don't know what's going on in her life, plus I'm a fan I really don't want to imagine that she could be seriously ill - she's nothing like the other off the rail stars.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I meant sectioned mental illness because people are asking why nothing has been done.

I didn't know she was still on the pot but I follow her on twitter and she will answer fans worry about her. If she is on drugs then this could be a factor for her eratic behaviour.

I really don't want to label her cos I don't know what's going on in her life, plus I'm a fan I really don't want to imagine that she could be seriously ill - she's nothing like the other off the rail stars.

I think it's dangerous to dismiss her behaviour as being drug related. Plenty of people smoke pot without talking to inanimate objects and behaving the same way she is. Of course she's abusing drugs, but I think people need to look at the mental health issues rather than just saying ''Oh, she's on drugs, that's why she's acting like that.''

Her family have been quoted as saying they can't legally do anything, but with all the paparazzi following Amanda around, surely if her parents had tried to visit her they'd have caught them on camera and it would have been reported like every other aspect of her life seems to be. They might not legally be able to do anything, but surely they should be making more of an effort to visit her/talk to her etc. Where the hell are they? They seem to have just abandoned her and left her to destroy herself :(

In terms of her not being the same as other off the rail stars, I actually think she's worse. Lohan may have behaved erratically/broken the law etc, but she always seemed to have a grasp of reality. I don't think Amanda does at this point, which is utterly tragic. Someone should have stepped in long before now to help her :(
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion and stories reported in trashy magazines and "newspapers" like the Daily Mail are being taken way too seriously by a lot of people. For example is there any proof or actual real sources saying that she "speaks to inanimate objects".. I doubt it.
    Scrolling down her twitter she looks and sounds perfectly fine, she doesn't even look unwell she just has a new image/style.
    The video was odd but that could just as easily be a joke, or she could be drunk. Fluttering her eyelashes stupidly and rolling her eyes does not mean she is "twitching from drug abuse".

I just can't take the whole thing seriously yet, Amanda Bynes would never turn into the wreck that she's alleged to be. Reporters love a good breakdown whether there really is one or isn't.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digichant wrote: »
    Amanda Bynes would never turn into the wreck that she's alleged to be.

Do you know her personally? Otherwise there is no way you can truly know this.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow there's a reason not to do drugs..
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    If it's true she threw a foot long bong out of a 34th floor apartment window it's lucky nobody got hurt, I expect that could well kill somebody if they were passing by:eek:

I've just read she is saying it was 'just a vase' she lobbed out the window, oh well that makes it all ok then :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really hoping things were getting better for her- hadn't heard much about her recently. Every time I see pictures or videos of her, I want to reach through my computer screen, give her a hug and take care of her.
    It's disgusting to see the way the press are hounding her in the videos of her arriving in court: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2330382/Amanda-Bynes-shaved-head-revealed-mug-shot-heads-court-throwing-bong-window-high-rise-apartment-drug-arrest.html I certainly couldn't do their job with a clear conscience.
    Also, it says she was psychologically assessed. I'm assuming they've decided she's of sound mind, or she would still be in hospital? :confused:
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow there's a reason not to do drugs..

Yep, being arrested and chained up like a dog is one reason....
  • tommYHYHtommYHYH Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    So she tweeted that the policeman sexually harassed her... But the words she used! Hilarious
  • DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect she will be suing someone else this week, I cant keep track of all the people she is suing.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my, she's done a Britney and shaved her head. Just check out her latest mugshot.
    http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1910292.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Amanda-Bynes-short-hair-mugshot-1910292.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems to be a meth head, her teeth and skin from the court pictures show you what she is doing to herself.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been reading about her parents wanting to get control of her and how there is nothing they can do in terms of the law to try and save Amanda from herself. Apparently, a conservatorship in the style of the one Britney Spears' father was able to get for her are almost impossible to get (which says so much about just what a truly terrible state Britney would have been in :().

I think something should be done about the law so families can intervene earlier in cases like this. Why does some poor person like Amanda have to hit rock bottom before they can be helped? It's just yet another failing in the mental health service.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she 27? if so she might be another one to join the 27 club, if she keeps threatening to sue everyone expect another accidental overdose, all the celebs seem to die this way if they go against the powers that be that rule Hollywood.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I find really strange is that her incessant Twitter ramblings are actually well-written and justifiable. She posted a huge paragraph of "the truth" about her arrest, and it all made sense. But then 5 minutes later you just see her sending questionable racist insults to Rihanna. It's bizarre, it's like she's two different people.
    Whatever, you can look at a picture of her walking down the street now against one of her 5 years ago and the difference is incredible. There's definitely something wrong with her, some kind of...nervous breakdown? Mental breakdown?
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I watched Easy A the other day and totally forgot she was in it.

What is it about seminal teen comedies that produce off-the-rails stars (Brittany Murphy in Clueless, Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls being two prior examples)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    What I find really strange is that her incessant Twitter ramblings are actually well-written and justifiable. She posted a huge paragraph of "the truth" about her arrest, and it all made sense. But then 5 minutes later you just see her sending questionable racist insults to Rihanna. It's bizarre, it's like she's two different people.
    Whatever, you can look at a picture of her walking down the street now against one of her 5 years ago and the difference is incredible. There's definitely something wrong with her, some kind of...nervous breakdown? Mental breakdown?

Her case certainly does highlight the complexity of mental health issues. Amanda appears to be incredibly intelligent and can express herself in a very articulate way, yet she's clearly very mentally ill. Part of the problem is that she seems to have periods of lucidity where she can express herself very well. Which means the authorities are reluctant to force her into psychiatric care against her will, since they can't prove she's a danger to herself. (Even though we can all see where this is heading- and it's not looking like it's going to be a happy ending for her :( )
    I honestly don't believe she's in control of her own actions any more. She's delusional, paranoid and completely out of touch with reality. Her ramblings on Twitter are always articulated very well, yet the content of them shows great paranoia and denial.
    The tweets to Rihanna have just made it even more apparent that Amanda is incredibly unwell and in need of serious help. As awful as the tweets were, I don't think it's possible to blame Amanda for sending them, since I think it's got to a stage where she is so mentally ill she's no longer able to make any rational decisions or be in control of her behaviour.
    The recent developments (in relation to her arrest) really break my heart. Where the hell are her friends? I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her in recent years where she's with a friend or family member. All the pictures seems to be of her wandering around on her own being hounded by the press :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Easy A the other day and totally forgot she was in it.

What is it about seminal teen comedies that produce off-the-rails stars (Brittany Murphy in Clueless, Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls being two prior examples)
    When you go against the industry you get brought down, this is what is happening to Amanda.

I do believe though that fame at a young age makes these celebs go crazy when they hit their late 20s/30s ..you just don't know what they have to go through to get that fame in the first place, too many stories out there.
    Not just anyone can become famous especially in America.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »

Her crazy tweets are probably when she is high!
  • tommYHYHtommYHYH Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Those tweets to Rihanna were sparked by Rihanna posting a picture on Instagram with a blonde wig covering her face, mocking Amanda.