Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 10)

Comments

• TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    D4nny22 wrote: »
    You've completely forgot Doug, Will, Dirk, Scott and Barney. Oooh and Tom and Charlie:p

I think Dirk is tied to Myra. I don't think they're an official couple but they act a bit like they're a couple.
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only non bitchy females we have are Lynsey, Tilly and Esther. The rest started as bitches or are still that way.
    I've probably forgot some people but the 3 mentioned were from the top of my head.
  • PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maddie is just a joke because she looks about 30. I think there must be a storyline coming up about how she's actually an imposter. She's the real Maddie's aunt looking to regain her lost youth. Real Maddie is locked in a cupboard somewhere.
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cfc86 wrote: »
    The only non bitchy females we have are Lynsey, Tilly and Esther. The rest started as bitches or are still that way.
    I've probably forgot some people but the 3 mentioned were from the top of my head.

Ash, annalise arnt' or weren't bitches I don't think!
    Also didn't maddie save sinead life when she nearly drowned??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plant wrote: »
    Real Maddie is locked in a cupboard somewhere.

maybe this one would have more dimensions to her.. that'd be a storyline I'd be interested in watching lol
  • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's a little harsh and degrading to say that all but three of the female characters on the show started out as bitches. Carmel for one, has never been particularly bitchy and Sinead actually started out as a character who wasn't a she-beast
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I am very very tempted here to say something along the lines of I wish Maddie had left Sinead to drown. Or that they had both drowned.

But I won't.
    ;)
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    Ash, annalise arnt' or weren't bitches I don't think!

I think Annalise kind of was but that could've been more stuck up to begin with but I still liked her.
    Can't remember with Sinead and Maddie but you could be right.
    I think it's a little harsh and degrading to say that all but three of the female characters on the show started out as bitches. Carmel for one, has never been particularly bitchy and Sinead actually started out as a character who wasn't a she-beast

As I said the 3 mentioned were from the top of my head. I didn't say all of the women have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Annalise kind of was but that could've been more stuck up to begin with but I still liked her.
    Can't remember with Sinead and Maddie but you could be right.

As I said the 3 mentioned were from the top of my head. I didn't say all of the women have.

Yeah I think Annalise was more uptight than outright bitchy!
  • Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    True, but Maddie did stir the pot a lot between Bart and Sinead in the first place, which from what I can remember led Sinead to nearly drown.
    And you'd have to be pretty evil to run away from someone drowning in the sea!

Sorry, I don't mean to attack your favourite character, but she's done so many bitchy things, it's hard for people to like her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True, but Maddie did stir the pot a lot between Bart and Sinead in the first place, which from what I can remember led Sinead to nearly drown.
    And you'd have to be pretty evil to run away from someone drowning in the sea!

Sorry, I don't mean to attack your favourite character, but she's done so many bitchy things, it's hard for people to like her.

Well from what I've seen/read people where making out to be pretty evil, vile etc so I thought Id bring that up to show she at least had a heart!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am very very tempted here to say something along the lines of I wish Maddie had left Sinead to drown. Or that they had both drowned.

But I won't.
    ;)

:D:D:D
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,638
    Forum Member

But I won't.
    ;)

I will. I wish both Maddie and Sinead drowned! :p

The actress that plays Sinead is good, but her character is terrible, such a waste of a potentially good character that can probably not be redeemed. The actress that plays Maddie was miscast and is horrible at trying to play a 16 year old, she may have been better as a snobby fresher and her character is absolutely vile and I don't see any sob story saving her.

The difference between Maddie and the boys is that the boys don't care and will laugh and make fun without problem. Maddie is sneaky and smart, she will hide her nasty manipulative side so she doesn't lose her friends and become the bad guy, when clearly she is a right bitch.
    Forum Member
    Well from what I've seen/read people where making out to be pretty evil, vile etc so I thought Id bring that up to show she at least had a heart!
    I do think she has a heart, it's just hidden sometimes! I don't think she's completely ruined now, but it'll take some doing for people to ever like her again.
  • Vanessa73Vanessa73 Posts: 7,330
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    I will. I wish both Maddie and Sinead drowned! :p

The actress that plays Sinead is good, but her character is terrible, such a waste of a potentially good character that can probably not be redeemed. The actress that plays Maddie was miscast and is horrible at trying to play a 16 year old, she may have been better as a snobby fresher and her character is absolutely vile and I don't see any sob story saving her.

The difference between Maddie and the boys is that the boys don't care and will laugh and make fun without problem. Maddie is sneaky and smart, she will hide her nasty manipulative side so she doesn't lose her friends and become the bad guy, when clearly she is a right bitch.

I agree. I hate Maddie! :mad: But then i also didn't like Steph at the beginning. So maybe she'll grow on me! :p
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »

Exactly, Steph Davis is actually a perfectly capable actress. It's a shame she's being wasted on this.

I agree about Maddie vs the boys. At least the boys are obvious in their jerky ways. Maddie uses a lot of underhand tactics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think she has a heart, it's just hidden sometimes! I don't think she's completely ruined now, but it'll take some doing for people to ever like her again.

Fair enough!:)
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinead was a victim of PM's departure. The whole O'Connor family were. He had bigplans for all of them then Diane stopped being a crazy baby snatcher (infact she stopped talking about kids all together), Sineads story with her Mum was cut well short and she went from being a friendly family girl with a bit of tragedy to a nasty bitch.

Still, I never got why for her first 2 months she hung out with 12 year old Amber andnever the other 15 year olds.

Infact whilst I feel PM's removal was the right decision (I have a feeling last year would've been very very OTT and sensationalist with him still there) alot of characters suffered Warren,Mandy, Tony, Leanne, Lee, The O'Connors, Heidi....Paul obviously wanted to use them properly and never got too. Having said that Brendan was alot more sinister under him and I think he'd have to have been gone by now if he'd carried on the way he was in 2010.
    Forum Member
    She was definitely more likeable in PM's time. She seemed to really care about her family, and know they don't exist.

Her hanging around with Amber seems even more strange now, considering how her and all her friends seem embarrassed with being with Ruby, who's only in the year below!
    vkmax wrote: »
    Having said that Brendan was alot more sinister under him and I think he'd have to have been gone by now if he'd carried on the way he was in 2010.
    I'm not sure, I think PM had a definite plan for Brendan. He was already starting to soften a bit. It's hard to know what would have happened, though.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't get why people compare Steph to Maddie. Nothing alike in my opinion, Steph was at least a bitch with some charm. Maddie just look too old and you can't really take her seriously as a teen.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    Don't get why people compare Steph to Maddie. Nothing alike in my opinion, Steph was at least a bitch with some charm. Maddie just look too old and you can't really take her seriously as a teen.

Maddie is a spiteful girl but Steph was much worse in her day. She was horrible. She didn't do things to manipulate them to her liking like Maddie did she set out regularly to actively hurt people she called friends.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maddie is a spiteful girl but Steph was much worse in her day. She was horrible. She didn't do things to manipulate them to her liking like Maddie did she set out regularly to actively hurt people she called friends.

I remember bits of it, but I always quite fancied Steph so maybe I'm a little biased :p

But I dunno, Steph had her whole clan introduced after a while. These teens (apart from Callum) don't seem to have families and just magically appear in certain places.
  • fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »

I think one of the main differences is that Carly is a passable actress although arguably a better musical theatre performer than straight actress, whereas Scarlett is not good at all. If she's going to stay any longer then I hope they send her for some voice classes to improve her diction. It would be nice to at least be able to hear her dialogue even if not convinced by it
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member

Yeah Steph was truly horrible half the time, I remember how pleased she was to be caught sleeping with her friends boyfriend. She was not a nice character. I'm finding the constant Maddie bashing really boring and highly ironic tbh so i'm not even going to comment on that but i'm vaguely offended that people keep saying a 25 year old girl looks old - I know some people are simply pointing out she doesn't look 17, which is fair enough, but she does not look old.
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon this time next year we will all love Maddie. It's what Hollyoaks does best. Characters are normally hated for some reason whenever they are introduced.

Brendan, Mitzeee, George, India, Texas, Dodger etc ...
This discussion has been closed.