Warm Bodies

Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Couldn't see a thread for this.

Anyone seen it yet? Saw it tonight, decent enough. Quite funny in places, and the soundtrack was excellent.

Comments

• fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Uk Ltd wrote: »
    Couldn't see a thread for this.

Anyone seen it yet? Saw it tonight, decent enough. Quite funny in places, and the soundtrack was excellent.

Going to see it later today at 4.10pm.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pretty good. Not amazing though. I think it's probably a 6 or 7 out of 10. I can see the teenage market absolutely loving it though. The soundtrack is indeed very good.
  • Conall CearnachConall Cearnach Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't really tell from the trailer whether it's meant to be a comedy or some sort of Twilight kind of thing.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Wasn't planning on watching, but I think I might give it a go thanks OP
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I can't really tell from the trailer whether it's meant to be a comedy or some sort of Twilight kind of thing.
    I thought it was another RomZomCom. Not as outrageous in comedy terms as SotD but a kind of light hearted zombie film with a romantic twist.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's nothing like twilight in tone. Definitely a light hearted comedy type film. Like I say it's good, but not amazing.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I agree its a good film but I struggled with whole zombie in love thing.Maybe I'm too old school for it!
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member

Twilight practically is a comedy

Albeit an unintentional one.
  • TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a different slant on the usual Zombie movie - wasn't sure if I was going to like it but it turned out to be pretty good. 8/10
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This trailer is intriguing - I'm not a fan of zombie films but I do like Nicholas Hoult and this film looks interesting
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought this was great. soundtrack was fantastic too
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Albeit an unintentional one.

This!

Anyway, I thought this film was pretty enjoyable. Nothing amazing but just good fun.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was rather reluctantly dragged along to see this today, but ended up enjoying it.

It did feel a bit "twilight" in nature (i see some disagree, but it's clear from the lead cast it's going for the same market), but it was saved by having a smart script and by virtue of not taking itself too seriously. I thought the use of a monologue from the internal perspective of R was a good concept well executed. A few deft editing touches and an interesting use of music also add to the films charm.

Main draw backs were the cheesy ending and the almost criminal under use of John Malkovich

7/10 for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this film with friends the other day and we all found it to be very enjoyable. Good pacing, acting and an excellent soundtrack. Very funny and sweet. When I first heard about the film I thought it sounded awful but seeing the trailer and realising how light the tone was I gave it go. Nicholas Hoult has turned into quite the young actor and I though I wasn't familier with the female lead I thought she did very well too. I only wish it had stayed a little more faithful to the book but adapting these things for screen is a very tough job and I understand why certain things were altered and left out. Overall a very good film and I will most likely buy it when it comes out on DVD. 8/10 :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Went to see this on Tuesday night. Wasn't sure what to expect really but I enjoyed it thoroughly. The first half of the film is just brilliant, the second half, while still excellent, wasn't quite as original. I thought the interactions between the zombies was done incredibly well and the characters you were supposed to like were actually likeable for a change.

I hope people dont just ignore this because there are comparisons going around to the Twilight flicks, because this is nothing like those films and it would be a shame for people to miss out on this well made zom-com. 8/10
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this film! Went with my 15 year old daughter and my 2 boys who are 8 & 11. They were all arguing on the way out about who was going to own it on DVD.
    Have to say also, that Nicholas Hoult is definitely the sexiest zombie I've ever seen. :D
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    As I posted before I enjoyed Warm Bodies but its a pity it Didnt do as well in the UK as it did in the USA.Maybe it was released at the wrong time in the UK!
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    As I posted before I enjoyed Warm Bodies but its a pity it Didnt do as well in the UK as it did in the USA.Maybe it was released at the wrong time in the UK!

It seems to me like the cinemas here had low expectations of it. We have 2 cinemas in Southampton, Cineworld haven't put it on at all and the Odeon relegated it to the smallest screen it had.
    It's not like it wasn't like it wasn't popular either, I got there in plenty of time and still ended up stuck in the front row cos the place was packed. :(
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The existence of Twilight is no laughing matter.
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope.
    just another of these movies made for prepubesent girls with sort of crapply done supernatural twist. The twiglet movies have a lot to answer for.