Sky FTTC rollout

hdmoghdmog Posts: 141
Forum Member
Does anyone know how Sky are implementing their FTTC roll out? I assume they are using the BT infrastructure in much the same way that their current LLU offering works.. I'm currently on the Sky Unlimited product (Basingstoke exchange), however although BT have confirmed that the Infinity product is available on my line, Sky are saying that their FTTC service is not. Are they implementing a gradual roll out on an exchange by exchange basis?

Comments

• BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    hdmog wrote: »
    Does anyone know how Sky are implementing their FTTC roll out? I assume they are using the BT infrastructure in much the same way that their current LLU offering works.. I'm currently on the Sky Unlimited product (Basingstoke exchange), however although BT have confirmed that the Infinity product is available on my line, Sky are saying that their FTTC service is not. Are they implementing a gradual roll out on an exchange by exchange basis?
    How are Sky saying that it is not available? Some people who have been rejected by the web-based ordering system have managed to place their FTTC order by phoning Sky - so it may be a bug in their online system!
  • hdmoghdmog Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Sky confirmed over the phone that they currently do not have the equipment in my exchange. Neither could they say if/when they would. They did invite me to register my interest on the web site and they will let me know if the situation changes. Interestingly the person I spoke to admitted that not everybody on the Sky Broadband support desk is trained to handle calls regarding fibre and had to ask someone else to help me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hdmog wrote: »

Depends what exchange the FTTC cabinets in your area are connected to. It may not be your local one.

Also depends on how Sky are implementing FTTC, if it is the same as TalkTalk then they do actually have to have Sky's LLU equipment in the exchange you connect to (again, not necesarilly your local exchange that your voice calls go through).