[Game] X-factor vs The Voice Live Show 1

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Hello and welcome to the 1st live show of X-factor vs The Voice. Early last week the 4 judges made the hard decision of choosing their category. Tonight the top 16 will perform for your votes, with the theme Telling a Story. Please welcome the top 16:

Steve and the Girls
Becky Hill
Frances Wood
Rebecca Ferguson
Amelia Lily

Kuda and the Boys
Heshima Thompson
Aleks Josh
Shayne Ward
Rylan Clark

JJ and the Male Overs
Jaz Ellington
Adam Issac
Olly Murs
Danyl Johnson

Jack and the Female Overs
Bo Bruce
Toni Warne
Ruth Lorenzo
Melanie Masson

And our impartial judge puppylove!!

So judges are you here?

Comments

• puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm here. :)
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm here. My laptops being "special" so I might be a little longer with the posting :)
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im here, might have to go off at some point. ill PM comments to you if I have to go
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Arrives in a limo with the girls*

I am here and so are my girls, we're ready to show the talent that we have got. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hello judges. It doesn`t look like JJ`s here, and I don`t have his comments, but ah well, we`ll have to start without him.

So opening the show, is our little entertainer. Singing a song about kissing a girl, and she liked it. It`s Rylan Clark!!

Vocals:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjUowGXGMoo

Outfit:http://tprepublic.files.wordpress.co...-madhatter.jpg

Choreography: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cul1K9NexI4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan, the vocals weren't the best but I loved your performance and you really entertained me. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RYLAN! That was fun with a capital F.U.N! You had a ball up on that stage, we had a good time watching you and we had great fun preparing for this performance. I'm sure a couple of heads turned tonight with that amazing choreography. We're gonna experiment so many different things with you so I hope you stay in the competition! Well Done
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Rylan, what can I say? This was a very different way to opening the show compared to what I see on other show. I found the choreography and the performance all well and entertaining but the song itself, it wasn't right for you, even it was for the irony. I hate to be blunt, but I don't think you're going to last in this competition for long. Sorry to say. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rylan Clark
    RYLAN! Oh...my...GOSH! That song, that voice! Honestly, I wasn’t expecting too much from you due to my past experiences with you on the show last year but boy that was fantabulous! I just wanted to get up and join in with you! I shoulder danced the whole way through that. I don’t even think I have any criticism towards that performance! Rylan-Style all the way! Great job!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Oh Rylan, what can I say? This was a very different way to opening the show compared to what I see on other show. I found the choreography and the performance all well and entertaining but the song itself, it wasn't right for you, even it was for the irony. I hate to be blunt, but I don't think you're going to last in this competition for long. Sorry to say. :(

his psychic said he'll get to week 7! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    his psychics said he'll get to week 7! :D

Will he knock out Carolynne and Kye along the way? Oh wait, they're not involved in this one. :D
    Forum Member
    So good comments from everyone overall, apart from Steve.

Next up is a female over, who is learning to love again.....It`s Toni Warne!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzIxSM85IaA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toni Warne
    Toni, Toni, Toni! You have such powerful vocals and I wanted to capture that with this performance. It was more of a risk that I would have liked to take with the first show but I think you OWNED that stage girl and definitely showed off what you got. I’ve also realised that I made a boo-boo. I put down the wrong name of the song, oops. Regardless, I hope I get to keep you next week and I hope I get a chance to show off a big power ballad in true Toni style! Well done babe!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toni, welcome to the competition. I like that song and I love your voice very much. It definitely suited you on paper and the vocals were great. I just wasn't sure in the second verse when Nate kicked in.. that rocky tone, I wasn't sure about that but when it was Pink singing, it was on. So all in all, I thought it was a pretty great performance
  • justjjustj Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    *Runs in *
    I'm Here sorry for being late .

Rylan I dont think this was the right song for your vocals . It was fun but I Didnt really like that performance tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toni, wow!! Love that song and love you! Amazing vocals and you deserve to stay after that, well done!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Toni, all I can say is now the competition begins! That was a lovely choice from your mentor, it suited your emotion and vulnerability which I liked. There's a lot of strong females, but for now you are holding your own well and I look forward to your next song, well done.
    Forum Member
    Toni That was a great performance . Great vocals and love the song choice :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toni, welcome to the competition. I like that song and I love your voice very much. It definitely suited you on paper and the vocals were great. I just wasn't sure in the second verse when Nate kicked in.. that rocky tone, I wasn't sure about that but when it was Pink singing, it was on. So all in all, I thought it was a pretty great performance

I meant to put a note or something on it, sorry. I couldn't find a good version so I just used the original :o my baaad
    Forum Member
    So great comments for Toni, but she is not safe. If you want her to stay, vote for her when the lines open!!

So next up is a male over, who wants you to feel his love....It`s Jaz Ellington!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0put0_a--Ng
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaz Ellington
    Jaz, I have to say. I wasn’t sure how this was going to go down... I was quite nervous as to which way the song was going to go. It definitely showed off your soulful tones, however I think there could have been an arrangement to better suit your voice. Adele has such an iconic voice and style it’s hard to live up to it and I think you disappointed me a little bit because I love you so much! I’m quite torn on this mate, and I’d like to see you back here to do a better job next time around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaz, I'm a big fan of your voice, that soulfull tone, and it really came through well in that performance. Adele is a phenomenal singer, we all know that, but that performance would've been great if you used a suitable cover with nice soulful male vocals as it can be quite hard to translate how a female vocal would sound like when a guy is singing it. As I said, I am big fan of yours and I look forward to what you're going to bring to this competition
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaz that was just beautiful. Lovely song choice and fantastic vocals. It was a very emotional performance. Well done!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Jaz, Jaz, Jaz...this could've been a fantastic performance if the choice wasn't the original. When I heard it was the original, I felt really let down by you and your mentor. If I have any advice for your mentor, is that he needs to find covers and alternatives of songs that suit your vocals way more. I'm so disappointed in the performance and I think you are in trouble already tonight. :(
    Forum Member
    Jaz i would just like to say i'm sorry that i forgot to pick a cover of make you feel my love . It was still a good performance well done :)