samsung tab vs samsung note 10.1

TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
Forum Member
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a little expertise as I am a novice when it comes to tablets.

I've been using and very happy with my galaxy note 2 for almost a year, it still impresses me to this day. Naturally then, when considering a tablet I went for a samsung. I could never see myself taking a large one out of the house with me so I intended buying a large one for the house and a smaller one for travelling. The other day I passed a shop window and saw a tab 3 7" for a good price and bought it. But I'm very disappointed with it. It's slow and clunky and it will never be used so long as my note 2 is around. So it's put me off buying the other one. I wonder though if I made terrible mistake because this one is dual core processor where as the note is a quad core. Is that what the difference is? What makes my note 2 so smooth and this so bad in comparison?

Comments

• planetf1planetf1 Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought a note 10.1 over a year ago (the original 2012 model). At the time I compared to the tab/tab2 at that time and the difference in performance was like night and day.

The note 10.1 is fast, smooth. Decent processor and specifically 2GB ram.

On top of that I use the s-pen all the time for handwritten notes.

No regrets!

But I've not tried a tab 3 - though it does only have 1GB ram which could be the killer.....
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Thanks. I'm going to have to get my hands on one. I wish I hadn't paid the extra for the 3g version of the tab 3 cos the only way it's leaving the house is in a bin.