Disney's FROZEN trailer

ASHomezASHomez Posts: 537
Forum Member
✭✭
Having been somewhat disappointed by the first trailer released for Frozen, which seemed to be advertising the film like DreamWorks' Ice Age, I am now extremely excited after seeing the Japanese trailer, which actually shows footage of the main characters, and doesn't just focus on the sidekicks.
Hopefully Disney can continue to build on the success of Tangled and Wreck it Ralph, which were all solid films.

Japanese trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rcRzQOPxcqI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WdC4DaYIeQ

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read about this last year. It's a musical animated film and does feature voice over actors who have had great careers in stage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tangled on ice
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,165
    Forum Member
    WOW. That looks so cheap. Like straight to DVD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    It looks ok, but looks like Disney are relying on princesses again. But tbh I hated Ralph so anything will be better than that (and I didn't love brave either)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    It looks ok, but looks like Disney are relying on princesses again. But tbh I hated Ralph so anything will be better than that (and I didn't love brave either)

The most successful Disney Classics movies, perhaps with the exception of Aladdin and The Lion King, have all been their Princess led one's. The male focused films like Hutchback and Hercules have never performed as well as hoped.

That is why I find it so odd about this name thing. Tangled should have been called Rapunzel and this should be called The Snow Queen.

Disney's recent failings are all down to their marketing.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    The First Look trailer was very funny and reminded me of a classic Pixar short. :D
    The Japanese trailer reminded me of Tangled but on ice. Impressive snowy landscapes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    The most successful Disney Classics movies, perhaps with the exception of Aladdin and The Lion King, have all been their Princess led one's. The male focused films like Hutchback and Hercules have never performed as well as hoped.

That is why I find it so odd about this name thing. Tangled should have been called Rapunzel and this should be called The Snow Queen.

Disney's recent failings are all down to their marketing.

I agree, and I'm not complaining about the princesses, but the new age ones just don't stand up to the classics, perhaps rapunzel does but tiana and the Scottish one just disappear. Can't see them appearing I. Once upon a time :D

It's strange as their tv group are working wonders with the likes of princess Sofia and doc mcstuffins (both instant hits), maybe they should look at bringing some of them over to the movie side (the brains behind the shows I mean) and brining some magic back.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks cool
  • ASHomezASHomez Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 2 minute clip from the film is now available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF_YolP4KU8