Scandal Season 2 UK Pace (July 4th More4)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Scandal is back on more4 folks! :)
Season 2 kicks off thursday 4th July at 9! :)

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant. I can't really be bothered to download any more shows at the moment so shall watch it at UK pace for season 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant. I can't really be bothered to download any more shows at the moment so shall watch it at UK pace for season 2.
    same... :D

Just a few months ago I couldn't be bothered WATCHING shows...I downloaded EVERYTHING,..
    Now iI kinda miss waiting a week for each episode at a designated tie :)
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news... I've already watched Season 2 (twice) but I'll gladly watch it a 3rd time to tide me over until Season 3 starts.
  • topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant news been waiting for a date even though I've seen it it's a brilliant show! :)
  • Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news, loved the first series. Well that will keep me happy until Series 10 of Grey's starts :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 1 was nice but too short, looking forward to season 2.

Hoping More4 air season 3 around January don't want to be 1 year behind on Scandal
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone wants to watch/rewatch Season 1 apparently it'll be on 4od from Monday :)
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone wants to watch/rewatch Season 1 apparently it'll be on 4od from Monday :)

ooooh ta!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant, time to re-watch the series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this thread yesterday and it made me watch the first aeaosn for the first time. I only have the finale to watch then I am all caught up. I'm so glad i decided to watch it I love Olivia and the ginger girl i think her name is Amanda.
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    ooooh ta!

Hmmm....can't find it ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a advert for it yesterday on tv :D well exicted now for season 2. I had to stop myself when watching season 2 online.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    player1 wrote: »
    Hmmm....can't find it ?

Couldn't find it through the TV on demand service but caught it on line the last few days. cant wait for tonight.

WIsh the President was a bit more attractive though. Not feeling him at all. :D

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/scandal/4od#3538382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a girl crush on Kerry washington can't believe she's 37 she looks much younger. Love her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant First episode I love this show so much :) the hour went far too quick for me! Kerry Washington is amazing and she's recently got married :)
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Stephen, wonder why the actor got removed?? Usually when they just suddenly disappear between seasons something has gone down.

Loved the first episode of the new season though.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a late comer to this show - late as in last week 'late':o. Damn fine 1st series:D

I'll miss Stephen, too:(. I liked Abby teasing him in the 1st series; she clearly liked him as well. But in terms of the writers needing to create narrative tension and drama, I can see why the character was written out. He served as Olivia's buffer when things were getting really, really tough, and towards the end of the last series she was making some dodgy decision calls at times, nearly going over her head on things. He also knew a lot more about Olivia's personal life than the others in the group. If the character had stayed on, I think it would've narrowed the options the writers could do with Olivia. But losing him also means sacrificing whatever might have come out the Abby/Stephen relationship, which is a shame.

As far fetched as Quinn/Lyndsey's story might sound to David Rosen and the police, there is no way she would the brains behind a bomb, haha! This is gibber-wreck Quinn we talking here who seemed to have forgotten everything she had learn in law school when her new journalist boyfriend got stabbed last year. Nowadays, bombs usually scream "terrorist!!" in ghastly flashing neon lights. She would sooner blow herself up than her cheating ex:D

Poor Quinn, she has a very unlucky love life. They just die on her:(:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    I miss Stephen, wonder why the actor got removed?? Usually when they just suddenly disappear between seasons something has gone down.

Loved the first episode of the new season though.

I miss Stephen to but the actor left as he wanted a more bigger role in the show so in the end he and Shonda decided to part ways as they say :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Stephen to but the actor left as he wanted a more bigger role in the show so in the end he and Shonda decided to part ways as they say :)

Is that so? Ah, well, I wish him all the best:) Thanks for the info.

I don't know how bigger a role he could have had, tbh. Then again, I'm not the writer/show's creator, so what the hell do I know!:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with first episode and it was very very good. I knew the guy who had done dodgy stuff in the past was in on it but I am dying to know what Olivia has to do with it all and who did she call? Why would she want to give Lyndsay a new identity therefore protect her from this case? Sex Tape story was funny and I am really not liking Nelly the First Lady seems like a cow but I know it's this whole act to deflect her pain in relation to Fitz and Olivia's affair or something like that.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    As far fetched as Quinn/Lyndsey's story might sound to David Rosen and the police, there is no way she would the brains behind a bomb, haha! This is gibber-wreck Quinn we talking here who seemed to have forgotten everything she had learn in law school when her new journalist boyfriend got stabbed last year. Nowadays, bombs usually scream "terrorist!!" in ghastly flashing neon lights. She would sooner blow herself up than her cheating ex:D

Everything you say about Quinn there is so true and its why one thing from the Season 2 premier really bugs me... Are we really supposed to believe that gibber-wreck Quinn survived 6 months in prison before her trial?!
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else just fred up to the back teeth with the to-ing an and fro-ing of Olivia and teh President. I know its part of the premise but really this is ruining it for me. I did give a loud cheer when in last nights episode the First Lady screamed at him "Get over her!!!!". I say they need to get over each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only time Mellie irritates me is when she spouts her spiel about "America loving this" and "America loving that", whether it's her unborn child or what Americans will think about her husband should she dump him/he lose the next election. That's when I want to shove my fist down her throat for all its nausea inducing narrative. Other than that I really liked it when she begged for Fitz to forgive her for whatever it was that she had done. It was heartfelt and I felt for her.

This Oliva and Fitz relationship I liked in the first season/series. I can't say that I'm tired to the back teeth with it. But honestly, I don't where it's heading this time round. Seriously, a President kissing his ex-girlfriend/mistress/whatever in front of the Secret Service guys???!, and I swear I though Fitz was going to have sex with Olivia there and then if Olivia hadn't stopped it:eek: I laughed when the men discreetly turned their backs. I mean, flippin' hell!:eek:

Fitz can't possibly have her in the way that he wants and neither can she. It would be all to easy (and mind-numbingly boring for that matter) to write that their relationship as to-ing and fro-ing throughout the series. I think the first two episodes show that the relationship is breaking down. What we don't know is what effect it will have over the whole series. Like Cyrus said, Fitz is a ticking bomb, and this part of Fitz has been bubbling away at the surface since episode one. He now wants to a Senator removed from some committee, exceeding his constitutional powers surely. With Quinn unconsciously being a key to the adminstration's political survival (and Olivia bearly keeping her head over the whole thing as she's probably trying to protect Fitz but he doesn't know this), I get the feeling it's all going to get quite darkly murky and murkly dark over the series. And talking of Quinn - Hallelujah! She finally told Abby where to get off. I like Abby most of the time, but jeez she does go on and on about Quinn to the point of exasperation.

I really adore Huck. I tend to like those "outsider" characters who, being neither sociopath or psychopath, live at the edge of societal norms. I wonder what got to that place. I also fear for him. He's tapping into that dark psyche he so deparately wants to keep at bay. How can he possibly contain and keep control of it? The omens don't bode that well:(

As for Rosen and Abby. Well, I expected they would sleep with each other after he turned up at the bar, but it still left me feeling a bit surprised nonetheless.

I think what I really like about this show - and indeed most drama that comes out of the US these days - is the way the characters are written. Since 9/11 and the events that followed it, I don't think you can depict political dramas as a clearcut case of good guys vs bad guys. There's a lot more ambivalence nowadays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh that was a good episode, especially the ending that was a bit of a shocker. So what I want to know is whether Olivia saved the people she did not just because she was being nice but is there an ulterior motive for whom she chose to save? They do need to cut down on the Fitz/Olivia stuff as it's detracting from the overall story arc of David's bigger than Olivia theory
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to start watching this but completely missed Season 1, Can I just dive into Season 2? Will it make sense? Or is there anywhere I can watch Season 1, I have checked 4OD but nothing there.