COD World at War

The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
Forum Member
✭✭
Rebought WaW yesterday for ten quid and despite there only being 5000 people online playing it my god what a refeshing change it is to get away from the **** up that is the lag compensation in MW3.

I hated it when i first had it and getting kicked out of the lobbies cos you dont have the massivly expensive map packs is a pain in the arse and the voice quality is utter tripe but no lag compensation makes it all worth it

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    until you come across people with 'God mode' hacks that can't take any damage!
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    until you come across people with 'God mode' hacks that can't take any damage!

Rather that than lag compensation and I'm not too sure there is someone stood behind me holding my arm up my back forcing me to stay in hacked lobbies just like there isn't anyone doing that on COD4 or MW2, the game is 4 years old and worrying about my stats because i have left a game isnt something that concerns me. On the older games you have to accept that the devs don't give a monkey chuff, although given your post i am guessing you had not worked that out.

On MW3 the other day i was getting shot by bullets magically coming though walls, not in a someone using impact proficiency kind of way, in a the wall wasn't even there kind of way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mod 3 is so messed up at the mo. I was having a nightmare gaming session yesterday. It seemed as if I couldn't put anyone down and it was slow as hell. I'm not the best but can hold my own but not yesterday. I died at every turn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the WaW Mp ...yup even the tanks!!
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I often go back to WaW although I am very careful nowadays ince I got my accounthacked after playing in a modded room...Could have been somthing else granted but it was a bit coincidental
  • InkyPinkyInkyPinky Posts: 4,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Multiplayer Zombie mode is still worth a go. I don't bother with much else multiplayer wise with WaW anymore. Spent hours on the Campaign Co-op mode when it came out. Was great fun.
  • InkyPinkyInkyPinky Posts: 4,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted. Double post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hate WaW , only cod game i cant get platinum for
    veteran mode was impossibly hard , suppose if i tried id beat the last level but the grenade spam just pissed me off too much

its also the only cod game i didnt prestige on, although i might play again to get a prestige token for mw3
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Mod 3 is so messed up at the mo. I was having a nightmare gaming session yesterday. It seemed as if I couldn't put anyone down and it was slow as hell. I'm not the best but can hold my own but not yesterday. I died at every turn.

Thats why mw3 lasted 1 week in my house.

I generally do a k/d ratio of 3.0 without spawn trapping or boosting but mw3 felt i was been punished for having a decent connection. If blops2 has the same pointless system then it will be goodbye COD franchise for good.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    WaW is pretty good.

We often play zombie mode still, and occasionally if we're waiting for others we'll play some co-op campaign.

I agree that God Mode is fooking irritating, but sometimes does lead to amusement. We had one game where they had a guy with it and he took the B flag by just sitting on it while we hit him with everything we had. Once he'd captured it, he moved off of it, and one of our guys moved in. He too had God Mode active, so when the guy came back to stop our cap he couldn't do fook all. Both of them just sat there, on the B flag unloading and neither could kill the other!

I used to hate some of the WaW MP maps, but compared to the MW3 ones they're a god-send.
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    I go back to COD4 when I want my nostalgic fix.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just put it in. Played 3 games. Invincible hackers in two of them so quit.

Also has a stupid way of handling DLC, since I don't own any it can be very hard to even find a game.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WAW is riddled with hackers and cheats. It's also the worst COD game by far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrubber wrote: »
    WAW is riddled with hackers and cheats. It's also the worst COD game by far.

I think MW2 was the worst COD game by far. Almost every map was a campers dream and nuke boosting completely ruined it and the maps were so crap they rehashed some old COD4 ones. And it introduced that God awful blood splatter on the camera.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a COD addict, hated MW3 though and now hooked on Battlefield 3. If you give it time to adjust and understand how it works then its hard to go back to COD. Cant make up my mind whether to buy Bops 2 yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping this up because the COD Ghost thread is being taken over by WAW.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I played this last night and had a blast. I even got accused of cheating because I got dogs twice in one match. I played for around an hour and did not see any god mode hacks, although I did see some red writing come up on screen a few times.

I forgot how much fun tanks are. In fact I'm a bit of a tank ****.
    Forum Member
    WaW is probably the CoD that improves most with age.

I must agree with a comment in the other thread - I'd really like to see them do a new WWII game. I was completely done with WWII games after WaW, but it's been long enough now that I would love to see what they could do, especially if it's for the next-gen consoles.
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a good WWII game with multiplayer restricting the use of MP44's and PPSH41's. One of my favourite multiplayer maps was one from COD2 where everyone had bolt action rifles, a grenade, a pistol and that was it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    I played this last night and had a blast. I even got accused of cheating because I got dogs twice in one match. I played for around an hour and did not see any god mode hacks, although I did see some red writing come up on screen a few times.

I forgot how much fun tanks are. In fact I'm a bit of a tank ****.

Alan add me and we'll have a opulent of games if you like
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Alan add me and we'll have a opulent of games if you like

I only just noticed your post, I will add you as soon as I get gold again.

I played last night and I can confirm the cheats are still there. I don't know if it was just because it was free gold weekend but there were loads of them.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the WaW Mp ...yup even the tanks!!

WAW was the first COD I played. I loved the tanks too.
    Forum Member
    Must say, I preferred the tanks in WaW to any vehicle usage in Battlefield.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still have play nazi zombies it's still awesome