American Horror Story: Season 3 details *Spoilers* (US Pace)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ryan Murphy has confirmed that so far Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters (zzzz) are coming back for Season 3.

http://ftp.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=99039

Here's hoping Lily Rabe and Frances Conroy are coming back too. They're all I care about.

Comments

• SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy that we're definitely getting at least a third season. :)

Looks like some more Season 1 actors who were absent from Season 2 are returning. Taissa Farmiga maybe?

And I agree about Lily Rabe and Frances Conroy. :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as Jessica Lange is back, not bothered about the cast.

I can't wait.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica Lange was a bit of let down in S2, in my opinion. Brilliant in first two or three episodes but it quickly became noticeable that she had serious competition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Fred Lehne back please
  • madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Jessica Lange was a bit of let down in S2, in my opinion. Brilliant in first two or three episodes but it quickly became noticeable that she had serious competition.

I don't think it was a case of her being a let down, as I thought she played the part, (of tortured soul,seeking solace within the church as some kind of redemption for her own sins,) with conviction.( I think that makes sense),,lol But either way loving series 2 and think Its great that a 3rd series is coming..I just hope Lily Rabe returns too...Top Tv..!..:)
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay for Sarah returning! :D
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad the ones named so far are returning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Curious to see what sort of character Jessica will play. Jude had more layers to her than Constance. I think what her and Ryan Murphy achieve together is great, and clearly the writing blows her away as Jessica Lange never does long term projects, she only ever does films and television films.
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan Murphy has confirmed that so far Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters (zzzz) are coming back for Season 3.

http://ftp.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=99039

Here's hoping Lily Rabe and Frances Conroy are coming back too. They're all I care about.

Couldn't agree more. Pleased to hear about Sarah Paulson too. I have liked her in everything I have seen her in.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Liking this so far but yes, please have Lily Rabe in Season 3 as well.

She was bloody fantastic in S2.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, "female power" says witches to me which I'm not thrilled about but hey I'd have probably said the same thing with alien invasion :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Just no bloody aliens and I'll be happy!
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Glad to see Jessica Lange is back.. she's a brilliant actress.

A good thing about this show is that they can have big names, without them having to commit to numerous seasons. Someone like Jessica could take a year off for whatever reason she needed to, and then return the following year. Other shows can't do this and consequently lose good actors and characters.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think ALL the cast have done a gr8 job (my only minor niggle is Quintos stock-in-trade madman persona). Its an ensemble piece. Hilarious to read about Lange wanting a more glamourous part akin to season 1 after the wimpole! I think season 2 was the performance of her life.
    Personally, I'm super happy Sarah Paulsons gonna be back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read that the last few episodes of Asylum would give small hints about what Season 3 is about. Anyone got an idea on what it could be about based on those episodes? I am stumped for ideas.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that the last few episodes of Asylum would give small hints about what Season 3 is about. Anyone got an idea on what it could be about based on those episodes? I am stumped for ideas.

The most popular theory at the moment seems to be witchcraft. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I'm going to go with witchcraft. Maybe it was supposed to be blatantly obvious, but the soundtrack from 'Carrie' was used throughout the very first episode from season 2, and if memory serves me correct Carrie's mother blamed her powers on her being a witch. But then, would the hints for the following season drop that early?
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think witchcraft seems the logical direction to go, the only problem i have is that i don't like the modern day setting, season 1 i thought wasn't very good but season 2! jeeze! the setting and locations and characters were perfect!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    I think witches are pretty much confirmed for season 3. On IMDB forums, someone posted a photo of a jukebox which featured in some 'moden-day witch film' (can't remember the name) and it's the exact same jukebox that featured in AHS season 2. I reckon the story will be Jessica Lange playing the leader of a modern day witch coven in New Orleans interspersed with flashbacks to the Salem Witch Trials.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    There's also theories that politics might be involved as the room that Lana was interviewed in the final episode seems to be an exact replica of the Red Room in the White House. I think it's been pretty much confirmed that Season 3 is taking place in 3 locations so that may add to that.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait!

Lily Rabe returning would be brilliant too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Besides Sarah Paulson, fans can look forward to the return of Evan Peters, Lily Rabe and Jessica Lange. Murphy also revealed that Taissa Farmiga, who played Violet in season one, is set to return.

Lily Rabe is coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/14912/20130129/american-horror-story-season-3-spoilers-plot.htm
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So pleased to read that. I thought she was amazing this season. That said I can't really fault any of the cast this season, they all gave excellent performances.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Until Lily Rabe is officially confirmed, I am not getting to get excited.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Until Lily Rabe is officially confirmed, I am not getting to get excited.

Well i presumed Ryan Murphy confirmed this in the interview i posted.:confused: