[Game] X-factor vs The Voice Live Show 6

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Hello and welcome to the 6th live show of X-factor vs The voice. Last week saw the elimination of Amelia Lily, which left George with only one act. Tonight the final 7 will be singing for your votes with a bit of rock. Tonight another act must leave. Please welcome your final 7!!!

George and the Girls
Frances Wood

Kuda and the Boys
Heshima Thompson
Shayne Ward
Aleks Josh

Roxie and the Male Overs
Danyl Johnson

Jack and the Female Overs
Bo Bruce
Ruth Lorenzo

Before we start the show. Judges are you here?

Comments

• jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me, Bo and Ruth are ready to rock this place to the ground!
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Rock night baby! :D .. Team Kuda is r-r-r-r-ready!

(Im in a happy mood today :D)
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I'm here and Danyl's going to swag it out in a rocky way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    George isn`t here....again!!! :( but we will continue without them!!!

Kicking off the show is our little cutie who`s not so cute anymore. She`s turned into a criminal :eek: It`s Frances Wood!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRv4VQra2kc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frances Wood
    Frances, tonight you came out and you rocked out! That was a really good performance and I think you're really starting to become someone who's a real contender. You're the last of the Girls and I hope that means George is spending loads of time on you, so good luck tonight!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (thanks to the slight delay.. gave me a chance to start comments. lol)

Frances, I thought you were on the right track last week with the song choice; this felt quite outdated tonight and lacked that energy I would expect from a performer with a voice and personality like you. If you get through, I recommend doing back to those rap/r&b songs because I feel that is were you are strongest.
    Forum Member
    Frances

Wow Frances from a sweetheart to a dark diva, I love the transformation. This is by far your best performance to date. The song really suits you. Excellent and a great start to the evening. I would again prefer it if you did go back to your more hip hop stuff but it is rock week and you've done great for it.
    Forum Member
    Mixed comments for France tonight, but if you want her throught to next week, vote for her when line`s open!!!

Next up is a lady who got lot`s of positive comments last week. Can she do it again tonight as she is going to rock u?....It`s Ruth Lorenzo!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uud_LIEMT_0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was powerful, your voice did not 100% match Jessie's and I was expecting a little slice of latino in there too but ah well :rolleyes: I can live. You still pulled off a good performance tonight Ruth, and I have a feeling you will be on that final. Keep working hard
    Forum Member
    Ruth

Ruth you were amazing up until this song. This is the most predictable song to do on rock week AND Jessie J's version of it neither does justice to the song nor is suitable for your deeper, rougher, more passionate voice! This was completely the wrong song to select and the wrong performance of it. Ruth for the first time ever and it really hurts me to say this babe but I'm disappointed.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth Lorenzo
    Ruth, last week you stole the show and tonight I think you delivered yet again. Your voice really was in its element tonight and I think you proved yet again why you deserve to be in this show! Spinning that Queen song that’s so iconic to make it yours was a great feat and I think you deserve a big round-of-applause for that, and hopefully I’ll see you next week. Vote for RUTH!

EDIT: Can I point out as well that when I sent in my song for Ruth I added a note saying it was just for the arrangement and that it should be imagined more in Ruth's tone, just noticed that Pingu didn't attach it - I couldn't find any clear female versions that suited her :)
    Forum Member
    Mixed comments for Ruth tonight, but if you want her to be safe, vote her when line`s open!!!

Next is a boy who has unfortunately broken his strings on his guitar. Will he fix them with a song?....It`s Shayne Ward!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uSZ4D4Ad9c
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shayne Ward
    Shayne, great manipulation of the theme this week to make it suit you. That was a great turn around and I think that was probably one of your best performances. You’re definitely moving up the rankings week by week and the public is getting to see a great side of you. Great work tonight, props to you and Kuda, and I hope to see you again next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could I have some tissues? You gave that raw heartfelt emotion, it was so touching; from the lyrical content to your voice tonight. This is the first time, and a good time in the competition to strip it all back and let your voice alone do the work.. and it worked tonight. I'm honestly so proud of you. Keep being amazing!
    Forum Member
    Shayne

Oh my god. I don't think I've said this enough but you make me faint. This song is so suitable for your voice. Your hotness knows no bounds. However, the song didn't really go anywhere for me, it didn't touch me like a rock song would and it was a bit predictable honey. I'm only saying this babe because I want you in the final, vary it a bit more from the ballads. Otherwise you're great Shayne - (now let's find a room).
    Forum Member
    Pretty good comments for Shayne tonight, but that doesn`t mean he is safe. If you want him in next week, vote him when line`s open!!!

Up next is a man who is coming together for us tonight. Let`s hope he doesn`t squish us with his muscles….It`s Danyl Johnson!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DBaVtxCeSc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was a great performance tonight. I have heard that song many time but the way you performed it tonight displayed your range really well. At the start I was like "this guy needs to project" but when you got to the chorus and on, you projected perfectly. Im not going to be too hard on you about the harmony line cause it's not that important when you are a solo singer. I'm seeing much improvement. Well Done
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danyl Johnson
    Danyl, one of my favourite Beatles songs and possibly one of the best utilised songs for rock week. This really suited your vocals and you stuck true to the original and did it justice. It was a really great performance from a really great vocalist. I hope that Roxie is treating you well and we’ll see you two back here next week!
    Forum Member
    Danyl

I love how you can adjust to any song Danyl. It was difficult finding a cover which suited your deep husky voice. But you pulled it off and I think you did justice to the Beatles version. The song really showed off that deep side of your voice and your range - those high notes blew me away! We're getting the hang of it I feel Danyl, so please people keep him in the competition. Send those pms in. :D
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to chip in and say that I've seen a reversal of fortune tonight so far in terms of song choices. :eek:
    Forum Member
    Great comments for Danyl tonight, and if you want him sfae, vote for him when line`s open!!!

Coming next is a boy who is doing it like a dude tonight. He`s the coolest guy we know….It`s Heshima Thompson!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjbibqoPwKI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heshima Thompson
    Heshima, I hoped we would see a big rock number from you tonight so I’m a little disappointed. However, you really owned this song tonight. I checked and you haven’t broken any rules so great work on manipulation, like Shayne. I think this was one of your best performances tonight but I’m still a bit disappointed it wasn’t more upbeat. Good job regardless!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    I have to chip in and say that I've seen a reversal of fortune tonight so far in terms of song choices. :eek:

What d'you mean? :confused:
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll let you know later.
    Forum Member
    Heshima

You surprise me every week. This week you did a traditional pop song and put your own stamp on it like you always do! I like original material and your mentor does find some incredible covers for you. However, my only issue is that the song isn't really rock. But otherwise it was perfect for me.