Anyone else annoyed with the Pippa Middleton coverage?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The press are lazy and will always do a subject to death. That and the fact that they continually need new fodder for their zeleb articles.Pippa looks to be enjoying it at the moment. She may well change her mind when the press eventually turn on her.Let's hope she doesn't end up doing a Tara P-T.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    WHY on earth are the media trying to make her 'happen' and be some sort of 'it' girl. I really could not care less about her. I'm sure she is a nice person and I think she did a great job at the wedding but I do not need to hear about her whereabouts on a daily/weekly basis. It is getting very tiresome.

Some coverage here and there about Kate is different because she is a Princess now and the Duchess of Cambridge but Pippa? No!!

If it gets rid of Jordan from our tv and magazines - more Pippa please!
  • LillyleiLillylei Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Its annoying me and quite pedanticly a 'friend' on facebook liked a page titled pippa middleton, best royal arse, that annoyed me as she isnt a royal!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    id quite happily smash her back doors in :D
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why this post is in "showbiz"? She is not a celebrity or in show biz. She is just The duchess of cambridge;s sister.
  • FaithInElizaFaithInEliza Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    I wonder why this post is in "showbiz"? She is not a celebrity or in show biz. She is just The duchess of cambridge;s sister.

I don't think we have a section called "Related to Someone who Married into Royalty" - you could maybe request one?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I wasn't too bothered by it initially but I saw a headline on a rag today that was something like 'Pippa and Harry's Non-Stop Phonecalls!' and like, that's just such rubbish! When it's Katie Price or Chantelle or whoever's latest fauxmance being reported on, fair enough, they court the publicity, I somehow doubt this is part of Pippa's great plan, leave her alone!
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't too bothered by it initially but I saw a headline on a rag today that was something like 'Pippa and Harry's Non-Stop Phonecalls!' and like, that's just such rubbish! When it's Katie Price or Chantelle or whoever's latest fauxmance being reported on, fair enough, they court the publicity, I somehow doubt this is part of Pippa's great plan, leave her alone!

My girlfriend brought that home yesterday it is Now I think, it says she is torn between Harry and some bloke called Alex who is a multimillionaire. Hmmm. Wait until she is torn between the plumber from Bradford and an ice cream man from Barking, much harder decision.
  • winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    cushty wrote: »
    id quite happily smash her back doors in :D

Do you mean you would happily perform anal rape on the lady? :eek: Sorry if I have misunderstood, which is possible.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    winenroses wrote: »
    Do you mean you would happily perform anal rape on the lady? :eek: Sorry if I have misunderstood, which is possible.
    It's a way of saying he'd happily have sex with her. It's kinda crude but no malicious intent is meant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yep. Especially as she hasn't got a backside to speak of.
  • bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a way of saying he'd happily have sex with her. It's kinda crude but no malicious intent is meant.

Yes, blame Keith Lemon for that one... strange how the majority of the male species find him hysterical with those one liners time after time after time...... :confused:

Pippa seems a nice enough girl but I am so fed up with this "Her Royal Hotness" tag that's she's been given (no doubt from a dirty rag, correct me if I am wrong).. but enough already! It raised a slight smile the first time but now it's used at every opportunity. For a start she isn't even royal!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm annoyed with it. She's a nice enough girl and looked stunning on the wedding day, but usually she's a very average and plain looking woman. Nothing wrong with that, but why this fawning? The way the British tabloids drool over plain janes one must think British girls are usually extremly ugly. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The press are obsessed with her because she's out and about, and they have been told to leave her sister alone. Pippa is the consolation prize until Kate has had enough settling in time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She gets more coverage on American TV from what i can tell. I watch E! news and she's on it nearly everyday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    The press are obsessed with her because she's out and about, and they have been told to leave her sister alone. Pippa is the consolation prize until Kate has had enough settling in time.

I don't think it is anything to do with a consolation prize.

I'm not slagging her off, but Kate seems a bit boring. The most they can do with her is report about her clothes. Pippa travels, there are sultry pics of her, she has many friends and she is always out there partying and enjoying herself - offers more tabloid material.

Doesn't change the fact that this coverage annoying, though.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had no issue with Pippa Middleton but the media coverage is enough to make you sick of the sight of her!

It isn't her fault the press are dreaming up silly titles such as 'Her Royal Hotness'.....this sister isn't even the 'Royal' one!! :rolleyes:........ and fake stories but she does seem to be the kind of person who probably likes the attention and adoration - at the moment, anyway.

She is nice enough looking, but no more so than many other women of her age who dress nicely and take care of themselves. Her complexion is a little ruddy; she overdoes the fake tan. She looks somehow 'old-fashioned' and beyond her years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fuss about her is getting beyond ridiculous - she isn't even pretty and her face looks quite old, if it wasn't for THAT dress no one would be giving her a second glance. Just by wearing a bridesmaids dress which is overly clingy to her behind she gets catapulted instantly to A List status by the press and given the "Her Royal Hotness" title when she isn't even royal. Its almost as bad as the press obsession and hype with Cheryl Cole.
  • julie88julie88 Posts: 2,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind the endless coverage of her as much if it wasn't always about how "hot" she apparently is (I don't get it), her arse (you would think the tabloid reporters have never seen a pert bottom before), or "anonymous sources" trying to dream up some sort of relationship between her and Harry.

But I guess without all of that she would almost be as dull as Kate.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x_bibs93_x wrote: »
    The fuss about her is getting beyond ridiculous - she isn't even pretty and her face looks quite old, if it wasn't for THAT dress no one would be giving her a second glance. Just by wearing a bridesmaids dress which is overly clingy to her behind she gets catapulted instantly to A List status by the press and given the "Her Royal Hotness" title when she isn't even royal. Its almost as bad as the press obsession and hype with Cheryl Cole.

Agreed 100%...she is just another Sloane Ranger/trustafarian, who is only "famous" by association
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    It is annoying, especially as she is nowhere are 'hot' as the media are trying to make out,

I've been lambasted by menfolk for making that point. :o

I think she has a great bod and looked great in that dress... butterface... :o I think she looks a lot older than her years also.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will get sick of her before long no doubt but at least it's hopefully put Bloody Katie Price on the back burner for a while.:yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What irritates me the most about it, is that she's not ugly but she's far from the "beauty" the media make her out to be.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    x_bibs93_x wrote: »
    What irritates me the most about it, is that she's not ugly but she's far from the "beauty" the media make her out to be.

That it with me too, she's hot... butterface.*

*as I said in my above post too. :o
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think it's because seeing as though she looked incredibly sexy at her sister's wedding, they've realised that lads will likely want to see more of her.
    Bet Ryan Giggs will :D