Comments

• InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    Would be interesting I suppose, certainly seems Barlow's days are numbered.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I don't like it. It's not for me. So being on TV every week - although it would be undoubtedly brilliant for you to watch it - it would be a waste of my time."

Amazing.

I really like Noel, think he's got talent to back up what he's saying and (unlike Gary, who I love as a popstar but dislike as a 'personality') has a self-deprecating sense of humour that would work really well on a show like the XF.

But he seems entirely unwilling to tow the company line, doesn't like 1D and isn't afraid to say it (which is most likely a sackable offence in Simon Cowell's books) and is way too much of a wildcard for the producers to feel comfortable with. So as much as I'd like this to be true, it's blatantly not going to be.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    It's a no from me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Won't happen in a million years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would be hilarious but i can`t see it actually happening
  • wonderwheels28wonderwheels28 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope this isn't true, really don't like the man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Won't happen in a million years.

Too risky on Live TV as he's got such a potty mouth. He also comes over as inarticulate as well.
  • zippy10zippy10 Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    Too risky on Live TV as he's got such a potty mouth. He also comes over as inarticulate as well.

You sure? inarticulate? Comparing him to the mongs that have been judges over the years!

Member of the most influential band in the last 30 years, Probably the most important songwriter of a generation.
    I agree he shouldn't do it. But not for the same reasons.
    Would be seen as a sellout. Although he'd probably not take it seriously and be laughing at the clapping saturday night seals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oasis were an important and popular 90s band but 'important songwriter of a generation' is debatable. Nicking riffs and chords from Beatles and Bacharach? Even Wonderwall was a steal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oasis were an important and popular 90s band but 'important songwriter of a generation' is debatable. Nicking riffs and chords from Beatles and Bacharach? Even Wonderwall was a steal.

Oh really? So what Beatles songs has he ripped off? And to claim he ripped Wonderwall off based on a photo from GH is hilarious.

The only thing ripped off any Beatle was Lennon's first 10 seconds of Imagine, that was it. The Clash got their London Calling cover inspiration from Elvis, same layout as his first record... is that a rip off too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh really? So what Beatles songs has he ripped off? And to claim he ripped Wonderwall off based on a photo from GH is hilarious.

An album title.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The live shows will have to be put on time delay if he becomes judge, just in case he lets something slip.

I can't see this being true. For one, I can't see how he'd work with Louis and I think the main aim of this series is to try and get Louis more involved as he's been going through the motions since Simon left.

Now, if they replaced Louis with Robbie Williams and got Noel on the panel alongside him...
  • noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please god no, please, if there is a god NOT NOEL GALLAGHER!

I love his music and all, but have a HUGE hatred for him, he is so far up his own backside he is licking next weeks poop! NO, hate him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Right... So he didn't actually rip him off, just used a word he made up.

God help whichever Greek invented the word 'love'.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He might be entertaining on the pannel, but it would also mean another "it's all about the Judges" year IMO. People are often complaining that it should be more about the contestants, so that move would not go into that direction.

I think people give the Gallagher brothers a lot more influence than they actually have... They were huge, then they seemed to have remained relevant by arguiing with eachother and being douches at some point.
    And they certainly wrote some very catchy songs, but I don't think that they have contributed in changing anything in the music world or whatever big legacy people seem to see sometimes.
  • Susie-RSusie-R Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    "I don't like it. It's not for me. So being on TV every week - although it would be undoubtedly brilliant for you to watch it - it would be a waste of my time."

Amazing.

I really like Noel, think he's got talent to back up what he's saying and (unlike Gary, who I love as a popstar but dislike as a 'personality') has a self-deprecating sense of humour that would work really well on a show like the XF.

But he seems entirely unwilling to tow the company line, doesn't like 1D and isn't afraid to say it (which is most likely a sackable offence in Simon Cowell's books) and is way too much of a wildcard for the producers to feel comfortable with. So as much as I'd like this to be true, it's blatantly not going to be.

If you've heard Gary in interviews or been to any of his concerts you'd know that he also has a self-depreciating sense of humour, I think because he's passionate about his X Factor acts it don't always come across on the programme. I love his personality
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    He might be entertaining on the pannel, but it would also mean another "it's all about the Judges" year IMO. People are often complaining that it should be more about the contestants, so that move would not go into that direction.

I think people give the Gallagher brothers a lot more influence than they actually have... They were huge, then they seemed to have remained relevant by arguiing with eachother and being douches at some point.
    And they certainly wrote some very catchy songs, but I don't think that they have contributed in changing anything in the music world or whatever big legacy people seem to see sometimes.

Those boys might be trouble,but definitely maybe & whats the story morning glory are two of the best albums ever made. It's quite difficult to produce two smash albums so that's v impressive.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susie-R wrote: »
    If you've heard Gary in interviews or been to any of his concerts you'd know that he also has a self-depreciating sense of humour, I think because he's passionate about his X Factor acts it don't always come across on the programme. I love his personality

Like I said, I like Gary as a popstar and I do genuinely believe he's a decent person. I just think he comes across terribly on the show - if there's a sense of humour there, I can't see it. He seems utterly torn about whether he wants to play the nasty judge or wants to be the voice of reason, and as a result he doesn't do either particularly well. He doesn't seem to 'get' that the show is basically a pantomime, in the way that Louis and Nicole do, and when he attempts to perform to the cameras it just comes across strangely, like his cringe-worthy attempt at a walk-out last series which had absolutely no conviction.

I quite liked his banter with Johnny and Rylan, but both of those were natural performers who elevated the conversation. He's got terrible interaction with the other judges and his feedback is usually inconsistent. I just don't get why people want him on that panel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right... So he didn't actually rip him off, just used a word he made up.

Indeed. That's what ripping off means. When you take something created by someone else and pass it off as your own work.

You're welcome.
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Indeed. That's what ripping off means. When you take something created by someone else and pass it off as your own work.

You're welcome.

...... he used a word..... A WORD... if that's the case then right now we're all basically ripping off people who invented the words we're using -.-
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erghh, I hope not. Not a fan of the Gallagher Bro's!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have Borelow.