American Idol Premiere On 5* - 17th January 2013 at 8pm

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
Forum Member
So I keep seeing all the promo for the new series of American Idol starting on 5* (Channel 176 on Sky) on Thursday 17th January 2013 at 8pm. And whilst I have just about had enough of these talent show programmes, is it wrong to admit that I'm dying to see how Nicki and Mariah interact on the panel? :o

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Starting in an hour's time now...! :D
  • DanielleLDanielleL Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    so excited :) here we go (im only watching for mariah and nikki)
  • TuvokTuvok Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The blond - is that her natural look?
    Forum Member
    Tuvok wrote: »
    The blond - is that her natural look?

No, its one of her million wigs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come this 5* show is two hours long but the 5HD show tomorrow at 10pm is only one hour ??

Anyone got the HD schedule ??

Thanks
  • TuvokTuvok Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanielleL wrote: »
    No, its one of her million wigs.

I meant the face..... or is there a hint of plastic there?
    Forum Member
    Tuvok wrote: »
    I meant the face..... or is there a hint of plastic there?

I think the whole thing is plastic everything on her including her face :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really disappointed with this production. Don't like the new panel of judges. In my opinion it is all just one big mess.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww why are they not showing it in HD. I need to see mimi Carey in HD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww why are they not showing it in HD. I need to see mimi Carey in HD.

I only watch HD :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    I only watch HD :)

Is it showing anywhere in HD?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it showing anywhere in HD?

Tomorrow night on 5HD at 10pm but only an hour long show rather than two hours - which seems odd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tomorrow night on 5HD at 10pm but only an hour long show rather than two hours - which seems odd.

Yea I saw that. I hope they are not going to be doing this every week.
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    This thread seems to be more active than the one in the Reality TV sub-forum, so I may as well copy and paste my post from there in here.
    Really disappointed with this production. Don't like the new panel of judges. In my opinion it is all just one big mess.
    I'm glad to see the back of Lopez. She set a whole new standard of utter ineptitude. Steven Tyler was pretty damn useless too, but at least he had likeability on his side. As for the new panel, it's a bit too early to say after just one edited show (although those responsible for editing this particular offering should never be allowed anywhere near a production suite for the remainder of their days).

Keith Urban is about as bland, ineffectual and irrelevant as I'd expected him to be. Mariah seems to be smarting simply from having Nicki in the same room as her. And whenever Nicki as much as blinks, Mariah is completely eclipsed. It seems a massive gamble for them to leave so much of the bickering in, especially as it often impinges on the most important thing - the actual auditions. I do think there's merit and sincerity at the root of it all, but I can also see people switching off in their droves because of the bitching and antics (primarily from Nicki).
  • rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Mariah on the panel. Nicki is a vile woman.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's the second episode, which is only an hour and it's simulcast 0n 5*.

That's the only episode, so far, to get an HD showing.

It won't be watched in our household any more. The SD picture quality of 5* is worse than bad and after being in HD on ITV2 HD is unwatchable.

Shame they can't give it a regular HD showing on Five HD
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a long-time idol fan, I enjoyed the first show. One thing that I noticed is that a lot of the recaps (mainly in the US) are saying the following:

- Mariah is boring
    - Nicki talks over every one all the time
    - Keith barely said anything

Personally I disagree with all three. Mariah seemed pretty comfortable on the panel and looked like she was enjoying herslef for the most part. Nicki was obviously the loudest but there were only a few times when she interrupted people (JLo was worse), and from what I remember Keith made comments about every contestant.

Does anyone know whats happening with the second half of tonights show? There are 3 episodes airing on Saturday - I'm assuming the last one is the second hour of the chicago auditions?
  • Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    I CAN NOT BELIEVE I MISSED THE FIRST EPISODE OF IDOL! :mad:

This is one of my favourite programmes. I look forward to it all winter every year! When we get to January I start searching the ITV2 listings for it, but as far as I was aware it was late this year. Someone just told me it's on now on Channel 5!? :eek:

As if I wasn't eagerly searching the ITV2 listings enough, I also have my PVR set up to find it and record it automatically, but Channel 5 have inexplicably added the word "New" before it, so my PVR didn't detect it. (Obviously it's new. Unless Channel 5 are planning to show repeats of previous years?)

I hate that one of my favourite TV shows is getting this kind of treatment. It's possibly the biggest television programme in the world, but it's being relegated to Channel 5 like a piece of unwanted junk, and having its name changed so that PVRs may not pick it up. Of course, I’m also concerned about the new judges and the format changes. I hope they haven’t ruined this great show!

I have found that it will be repeated tomorrow so I will have to wait another day to watch this.
  • Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dear me Nicki Minaj has a huge ego. Just full of herself and wanting the centre of attention.

Plus her music sucks too.
  • docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I was looking forward to this but Nikki Minge-ache is just painful to look at and listen too. She sucks the life out of the show. So I have to give up on this show.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    docman wrote: »
    I was looking forward to this but Nikki Minge-ache is just painful to look at and listen too. She sucks the life out of the show. So I have to give up on this show.

I agree. She's awful. The other three are ok but, she's like a spoilt teenager! :mad:
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely loved the first show.

Didn't think this casting would work, or be as entertaining as watching Britney on X Factor, but before the first audition Mimi and Minaj were just awesome.

Minaj with "she's a bitch, she's a bitch, she's a biiiitch"
    Mariah's Mean Girls pop quiz
    The British Accent battle
    "17 years and still number one daaaaarling"

The whole show was just awesome.

Audition wise, I enjoyed the girl who sang the Carrie song then Superbass, the rest I don't really care about. I just want more Mimi and Minaj.
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,399
    Forum Member
    The new panel are a lot of fun. Minaj is an acquired taste I think.

I am surprised by how lovely Mariah is and Keith is pretty fit so its all working for me.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    I CAN NOT BELIEVE I MISSED THE FIRST EPISODE OF IDOL! :mad:

This is one of my favourite programmes. I look forward to it all winter every year! When we get to January I start searching the ITV2 listings for it, but as far as I was aware it was late this year. Someone just told me it's on now on Channel 5!? :eek:

As if I wasn't eagerly searching the ITV2 listings enough, I also have my PVR set up to find it and record it automatically, but Channel 5 have inexplicably added the word "New" before it, so my PVR didn't detect it. (Obviously it's new. Unless Channel 5 are planning to show repeats of previous years?)

I hate that one of my favourite TV shows is getting this kind of treatment. It's possibly the biggest television programme in the world, but it's being relegated to Channel 5 like a piece of unwanted junk, and having its name changed so that PVRs may not pick it up. Of course, I’m also concerned about the new judges and the format changes. I hope they haven’t ruined this great show!

I have found that it will be repeated tomorrow so I will have to wait another day to watch this.
    Relegated to Channel 5? Channel 5 has more viewers than ITV2, which just airs trashy chat shows and crap like TOWIE all day. Although it will mostly be airing on 5*, which does have less viewers. But ratings had gone down and ITV2 now have The X Factor USA so they weren't too interested in keeping it.

The fact it was moving to C5 was well promoted by the channel. And when the news was first announced it was reported by a ton of entertainment websites like this one and in some newspapers.

Sorry, it's your fault and your fault alone that you missed it. No need to be overly dramatic about the whole thing anyway.