Anyone else thinks the X Factor sucks this year?

2»

Comments

• TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    I think bringing back ex contestants who failed at judges houses is not the way to go. At this rate we could have 3 in the final 12 who were not considered good enough in the last 2 series. Also trying to recreate Jedward with the French twins in a lame act. The only ones i liked were Cher cos she was quite original compared to what we normally see and that guy Storm cos I can see he could be an interesting character.
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    Tiffani wrote: »
    I think bringing back ex contestants who failed at judges houses is not the way to go.
    It seemed to work out quite well for Alexandra Burke. The original winner (the one Simon was obliged to sign that is, rather than G4) had two bites of the cherry, too. And Rachel Adedeji (who made it to boot camp first time around) most defiitely deserved another shot.

I thought last night's show was pretty good, and certainly the strongest so far this year by some margin.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Tiffani wrote: »
    I think bringing back ex contestants who failed at judges houses is not the way to go. At this rate we could have 3 in the final 12 who were not considered good enough in the last 2 series. Also trying to recreate Jedward with the French twins in a lame act. The only ones i liked were Cher cos she was quite original compared to what we normally see and that guy Storm cos I can see he could be an interesting character.

I don't see any reason to bring back contestants who did not do well enough. They've had their chance, so give someone else a go.
  • Dave HawkDave Hawk Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Shirlena Johnson's audition appears to have scored the most YouTube hits! Make what you will of that but then, rightly or wrongly, she's had a lot of press coverage

Of last night's performances, it's looking good for Cher Lloyd, but not so much for Liam Payne yet. And last night you could say that business has started to pick up in terms of talent
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    Dave Hawk wrote: »
    Shirlena Johnson's audition appears to have scored the most YouTube hits! Make what you will of that but then, rightly or wrongly, she's had a lot of press coverage

Of last night's performances, it's looking good for Cher Lloyd, but not so much for Liam Payne yet. And last night you could say that business has started to pick up in terms of talent

Liam will clearly fill the 'young boy' vacancy, as previously filled by Eoghan and Lloyd.

all we need now is the older one with the sob story, the hopeless girlband who last 1 live show, the twins/brother sister combo, and a few anonymous lads and girls who look like they've just walked off a Topshop/Topman photoshoot and thats the final 12 filled.

or am I just getting more and more cynical?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Yeah they seem to be focussing more on comedy and less on talent. I mean they are either skimming over or omitting completely what I have heard are much better singers, for example a girl called Tanya Seifert whose Youtube videos I watched and I thought were AMAZING.

Her channel is www.youtube.com/tanyasmusicchannel

Also if you want to check out some other great Youtube singers, who are way more talented than those I have seen even on the live finals of X Factor, check these out:

Emma Leigh
    www.youtube.com/xxemmaxxleighxx

Rebecca Shearing
    www.youtube.com/bexboop878

Laura Broad
    www.youtube.com/blawah2000

Angelica Vee
    http://www.youtube.com/AngelicaV1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justjax wrote: »
    i'm all for a bit of fun, but its meant to be a singing talent show... at least thats what the judges keep telling us .. i.e the goal is a worldwide artist, etc. Yet in the last 2 years (since format changes) they audition episodes have become more of a joke, with very little time spent focusing on the actual good singers. I love a hysterically bad audtion as much as the next guy, but the audtion shows are focusing too much on the silly nonsense.

I agree. I always love the funny auditions, but there hasn't been enough talent this year to fill out the shows. We are about 4,5 weeks in now, (I think, can't actually remember), and there have been no standout acts imo and very few brillant singers.

Very disappointed this year. Although I must say I love the audience audition format. :D
  • Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres to much of 'have you got another song...oh your amazing' they shouldnt have the chance to sing another song! They mess up the first one that should be it

And the audience..works well on BGT but for this.Just bleh,.Old format a lot better
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    Liam will clearly fill the 'young boy' vacancy, as previously filled by Eoghan and Lloyd.

all we need now is the older one with the sob story, the hopeless girlband who last 1 live show, the twins/brother sister combo, and a few anonymous lads and girls who look like they've just walked off a Topshop/Topman photoshoot and thats the final 12 filled.

or am I just getting more and more cynical?

Liam had/has talent though and Eoghan/Lloyd did not IMO :)
  • mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to like the auditions more than the actual live shows, but i have to say they have managed to ruin them. I now get my fix from American Idol only. Can't stand live audiences at audition stages. Its flipping stupid.
  • Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it sucks but, for me, its not the must watch at all costs experience it used to be.

I was quite happy for the kids to watch Merlin on Saturday and didn't bother to watch the rest of X-factor after it had finished.
  • Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrellis33 wrote: »
    Used to like the auditions more than the actual live shows, but i have to say they have managed to ruin them. I now get my fix from American Idol only. Can't stand live audiences at audition stages. Its flipping stupid.

Same!!! Used to start to loose intresting when got to Judges houses but at the moment cant wait for them.
    Live audience works with BGT but defintly not with this!! They didnt used to have backing to hide behind..no second song...or if they did not as often as they do these days!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the same without danni. Can't wait for her to return:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Last year there seemed to be more outstanding (& dare I say inspirational auditions). Stacey, Olly and especially Jamie & Daniel were brilliant. Oh and Joe was ok too! :) Nothing they have shown so far this year has come close despite attempts to "up" some & the usual emotive editing. X Factor better watch out as Must be the Music has thrown up several very very good bands/singers without too much manipulation and whose instant chart successes shouldn't be taken lightly. I'll carry on watching as it's usually good TV (& the Mrs loves it) but right now it just doesn't feel up to the standards of previous years. Still time though...
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought last year was the worst series by a mile and didn't like a single act in the final 12. This year, however, appoears to be shaping up to be even more dire. As yet. I haven't seen a single act I'm even vaguely impressed by. Even the ones highlighted as the ones to watch have been a bit 'meh'.

Not sure if it's the format change with the livbe auditions (which I hate), or I've just seen it all before but it's gone from being 'must see tv' to 'sky+ and skip through tv'.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not just this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    What annoys me is they show 5 minutes of the judges arriving everyweek. Fair enough, the guest one, but unless you live under a rock, you will know who the judges are lol
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,491
    Forum Member
    Totally- its like a show about music that actually hates music.
    Too many joke entrants, and the ones we are supposed to believe are good are uninspired and unoriginal.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    They should go back to intimate, acapella auditions and ditch the audience. Maybe have the audience at bootcamp.
  • laurellaurel Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Sucks every year :D