I cannot STAND Alexander Armstrong

Comments

• Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,367
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    Yes but it probably winds the OP up seeing as they dislike him so much. No need for confusion anyone with a brain knows its a pisstake and yes I do know its a pisstake

Sorry, I'm sure. :(
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm sure. :(

no need to apologize I just didn't want you thinking I was a big thicko that thought that was a genuine advert :D
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    He was mr smith in s.j.a
  • allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His smug, sneering, self-satisfied face makes watching 'Pointless' unbearable.

:mad:

It is often said that it is the negative characteristics that we have identified in ourselves (and thus disliked) that we then notice in others and causes us to dislike them. :)
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    allaboard wrote: »
    It is often said that it is the negative characteristics that we have identified in ourselves (and thus disliked) that we then notice in others and causes us to dislike them. :)

What a load of rot.:cool:
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    RickyBarby wrote: »
    He was mr smith in s.j.a

At least we didn't have to see his face.

"And what do you do?"
    "And what do you do?"

Change the record, ffs!
    Forum Member
    Why the hell does he have to pull that stupid face to let us know that he knows it's a wrong answer.
  • allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    What a load of rot.:cool:

Whoosh!:D
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Why the hell does he have to pull that stupid face to let us know that he knows it's a wrong answer.

That's the thing that annoys me the most.

He really should watch The Chase and get some tips from Bradley Walsh on how to be a great host.
  • L-unaL-una Posts: 228
    Forum Member

Strangely my husband has an irrational hatred for him too,and Rob Brydon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem for me with Pointless is that he is insincere. Sure, he's got to earn a living, but it's the kind of role he would be better off lampooning than doing for real. I'm sure that he thinks Pointless is a terrible show.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    The problem for me with Pointless is that he is insincere. Sure, he's got to earn a living, but it's the kind of role he would be better off lampooning than doing for real. I'm sure that he thinks Pointless is a terrible show.

You're 'sure'?

You obviously know him then? :rolleyes:
  • ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTH? :confused:

:D:D:D:D:D

Ditto...I do too...hes lovely!!
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Alexander Armstrong is one of my guilty embarrasing crushes - I don't know whether it's his posh voice or cheeky personality, but I just love him!

I think he's a great host on Pointless and I don't find him insincere at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's horny, horny, horny, horny. He wants to take you to a gay bar :D

If you don't know what I'm on about just ignore me
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexander Armstrong is one of my guilty embarrasing crushes - I don't know whether it's his posh voice or cheeky personality, but I just love him!

I think he's a great host on Pointless and I don't find him insincere at all.

I don't think he's insincere, just 'smooth'.

Quite a gent, by his appearance in WDYTYA, with a very aristocratic background which probably accounts for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he's insincere, just 'smooth'.

Quite a gent, by his appearance in WDYTYA, with a very aristocratic background which probably accounts for it.

He's a lovely man and was one of the first people I conversed with on Twitter
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's horny, horny, horny, horny. He wants to take you to a gay bar :D

If you don't know what I'm on about just ignore me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xs8YKKZXz0
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a lovely man and was one of the first people I conversed with on Twitter

yes he's very friendly on twitter
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He realy has got to you,but theres no need to be nasty just because hes more successful than you
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marobby wrote: »
    heresy, he is like an old freind[/QUOTE]

This is funny because he chose "Befriend" as a word ending in "...ind" and appeared genuinely embarrassed when Richard pointed out his mistake.

Anyway, I like him.
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »

Hahahahahaha, you knew! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're 'sure'?

You obviously know him then? :rolleyes:

You're absolutely right, I'm not sure - I merely have a strong impression that he knows he is on a show that's not very good, and it's the kind of thing he sneers about privately. But thank you for putting me right on that one.

Thank you. :)
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »
    You're absolutely right, I'm not sure - I merely have a strong impression that he knows he is on a show that's not very good, and it's the kind of thing he sneers about privately.

That's the impression I get as well. Or maybe he's just got one of those unfortunate sneering faces that just sneers naturally.