***Grimm Season 2 (US-Pace) - 13th August***

Comments

• MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    breppo wrote: »
    I was alluding to the fox Re(y)nard folklore tales. That made me think he was a fuchsbau. (translates as foxhole) But he is indeed a hexenbiest.
    Oh, I get it. The fox tales (The Tales of the Fox)! I remember being read those some were written by Joseph Jacobs. Some of those stories are online:

http://www.surlalunefairytales.com/authors/jacobs/european/reynardbruin.html

And, I completely missed that the Fox and Bear where at one time friends. I always thought they were enemies because the Fox couldn't be trusted leaving his partner to get the worst of things.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still enjoying the series but have found it a bit odd that the house they live in appears to have only one bedroom, as it seems quite big.
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still enjoying the series but have found it a bit odd that the house they live in appears to have only one bedroom, as it seems quite big.

Maybe they don't have a spare bed? Maybe they have a spare room, just not a bed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    Maybe they don't have a spare bed? Maybe they have a spare room, just not a bed?

You don't think they would have bought a spare bed by now? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So only 3 more MONTHS till we get new Grimm!!! So 4 months in total almost.

http://www.returndates.com/news.php?id=636

8th March 2013 Grimm returns

I thought it'd be back in January time, but nope. They're showing a new show in it's slot (can't remember what though) but that will mean no short breaks in between episodes, will be a solid run until May.

We have had a generous amount of episodes this side of Christmas, so it's not all bad. Just going to be a long wait :( At least I have Supernatural to keep me going, the CW wont wait that long to air it again, the most it's waited is 2 months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So just over 3 weeks away, I'm getting excited about it returning now.

And for anyone who hasn't seen the trailer broadcast at the end of the episode before Christmas here it is, well it's multiple trailers in one video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6JfFPQYWKc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally back on tonight. No wonder they lose viewers over there with such long breaks. I've forgot what happened in the last episode now. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally back on tonight. No wonder they lose viewers over there with such long breaks. I've forgot what happened in the last episode now. :p

I did a rewatch of the last few episodes, remember nick finds out about the captain kissing Juliet and nick is staying at monroes house now
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many viewers it will lose with the break it had, and if it will keep enough for a third season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so, I've been really enjoying it! The story's just starting and getting interesting. Be a shame to cancel it after 2 seasons.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did a rewatch of the last few episodes, remember nick finds out about the captain kissing Juliet and nick is staying at monroes house now

I'd forgotten that!!

Which would explain Sasha Roiz saying the Captain and Nick have a 'kerfuffle'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, it's coming back to me now. Still a good idea to go and watch it again before I watch the new episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode to open the second half of the season. SWM steals is somewhat :D But a really great episode ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Great episode to open the second half of the season. SWM steals is somewhat :D But a really great episode ;)

Nah! SWM steals it every time! :D:p

A throw away line seemed to set up the rest of this season though - the Captain talking about "the resistance" inferring he'son their side. And Nick stating he'd been "played", more like "groomed" to be sympathetic to the resistance against the Royals.

So expect some double -team butt kicking from Nick and the Captain vs the Royals and their baddy Wesen.
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,441
    Forum Member

On what channel??

I missed it - didn't even see it advertised.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    On what channel??

I missed it - didn't even see it advertised.

NBC.

Are you after the UK paced thread? It's on Watch in the UK but its about 3 or 4 episodes behind:)
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,441
    Forum Member
    NBC.

Are you after the UK paced thread? It's on Watch in the UK but its about 3 or 4 episodes behind:)

Ah, thank you!

That's a relief.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen this week's episode?

I thought it was interesting. I wonder what's up with Juliet. That voice at the end, anyone else think it's?
    memories of Nick?

Good to see Hank. Nick and the Captain all being on the same page in regard to vessen now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone seen this week's episode?

I thought it was interesting. I wonder what's up with Juliet. That voice at the end, anyone else think it's?
    memories of Nick?

Good to see Hank. Nick and the Captain all being on the same page in regard to vessen now

Yeah I did and I did enjoy it! Just been a busy day!

I agree - the chasm is representative of Juliet's memory lapse. Not sure how much she'll end up remembering though!

And what a busy episode - I thought it would be a 'slow' episode wrapping up the whole Julliette/Nick/Sean thing, but nope. We get a new strand - the Wessen Council - along with more moral choices for Nick (still with perfect hair :D ) I like my Sci-fi/Fantasy to have it's own mythology and good story arcs but this is getting complicated now lol - more than my Saturday morning addled brain can cope with:D

To think, I almost gave up with Grimm during the first season and only stuck with it because of SMW. Sooooo glad I stuck with it as it is shaping up to be a fairly intelligent bit of TV.:)
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    To think, I almost gave up with Grimm during the first season and only stuck with it because of SMW. Sooooo glad I stuck with it as it is shaping up to be a fairly intelligent bit of TV.:)

I know me too and now i watch it first out of my other shows the show that is last for me now is Greys Anatomy and that used to be my fave but just cant face it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've really enjoyed the last couple of episodes too, and I'm glad they're not going to drag out the Juliette and Renard attraction storyline, as it was falling a bit flat.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, that storyline hasn't been a fav of mine this season. Next week's episode looks great. A nice stand alone one, it looks like.

I almost gave up during season 1 as well, to the point i skipped so many episodes and went to the finale, but season 2 has really grabbed me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the most enthralling episode but still gorily watchable. Not sure the super hearing is such a blessing - could be a b'stard when trying to sleep! It did feel a bit filler/MOTW.

Next week looks good though :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's nice to have a filler episode. The storyline/mythology based episodes can be a bit much, and Grimm has too many
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, how the hell are they going to explain the dead suspect having only one eye? ;)