MTA Practice Tests

cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
Forum Member
Does anyone know where I can do on-line MTA practice tests as I need to do one. I have done mocks but I keep hitting 18/19/20 out of 35.

Comments

• StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cmorris wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can do on-line MTA practice tests as I need to do one. I have done mocks but I keep hitting 18/19/20 out of 35.

I took the MTA Windows Server exam the other week. It's the easiest exam I've ever sat.

MeasureUp have some preparation products:
    http://www.measureup.com/MTA-Microsoft-Technology-Associate-C415.aspx
  • cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    I have to pass the MTA Networking to undertake the other
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to pass the MTA Networking to undertake the other

The other what? All MTA exams are stand-alone. :confused:
    Forum Member
    Where we are we have to pass Net Fundamentals to be put through to Server Fundamentals if pass put through to OS Fundamental and if pass that security fundamentals
    Forum Member
    Can you send me a copy of the server practice questions
    Forum Member
    Any links to FREE tests
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where we are we have to pass Net Fundamentals to be put through to Server Fundamentals if pass put through to OS Fundamental and if pass that security fundamentals

If you are failing the tests you need to learn more, not just test more.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem is that learning to pass tests just to pass the test means nothing as anyone can train a chimp to select the correct banana and would i trust someone who couldn't work out a subnet range yet had passed an exam....learn the underlying reason why you do something so when you go for an interview you can explain to the interviewer why its done that way and not just the positives but the negatives on its implementation
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    If you are failing the tests you need to learn more, not just test more.

beat me to it

if you are getting in the high twenties then maybe yes it might be a case of just polishing off with some practice questions but you are getting less then 20 out of 35. That is not a case of needing to practice test question, you have some fundamentals to learn.
    Forum Member
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    The problem is that learning to pass tests just to pass the test means nothing as anyone can train a chimp to select the correct banana and would i trust someone who couldn't work out a subnet range yet had passed an exam....learn the underlying reason why you do something so when you go for an interview you can explain to the interviewer why its done that way and not just the positives but the negatives on its implementation

I know what Subnet ranges of A,B & C are. To pass you need 26/27 out of 35 - the last test I did I got 20
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what Subnet ranges of A,B & C are. To pass you need 26/27 out of 35 - the last test I did I got 20

so, go back and revise.

And I don't think its as straightforward as getting 26/27 out of 35. From what I have just read the test is graded out of a 1000 with different questions having different weighting.
    Forum Member
    We were told the above RE Scores
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok so i have a network of upto 2000 hosts or so and i only want to use one subnet mask so i dont need to mess with too much with routers etc and my ip address range starts at 172.23.128.x what should it be?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take the pre-assessment test here, let us know how you scored.

http://www.ucertify.com/?func=load_course&course=98-366

And information on the actual test,

http://www.ucertify.com/exams/Microsoft/98-366.html

As I said, the test is adaptive (I think all MS ones are now). You will get a minimum of 35 questions, maximum of 50. if you fail some of the easier questions, it will give you more. If you get them all right at the beginning, you will get less.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    Take the pre-assessment test here, let us know how you scored.

http://www.ucertify.com/?func=load_course&course=98-366

And information on the actual test,

http://www.ucertify.com/exams/Microsoft/98-366.html

As I said, the test is adaptive (I think all MS ones are now). You will get a minimum of 35 questions, maximum of 50. if you fail some of the easier questions, it will give you more. If you get them all right at the beginning, you will get less.

As said above, I took this test about 2 weeks ago as MS gave me a free voucher. I don't remember anything in the introductory notes about it being adaptive. I think it's just 35 questions.

It really is 'level 1' in education-speak. It just requires the recalling of facts and no interpretation or analysis.
    Forum Member
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    ok so i have a network of upto 2000 hosts or so and i only want to use one subnet mask so i dont need to mess with too much with routers etc and my ip address range starts at 172.23.128.x what should it be?

Class A Address
    Forum Member
    Are thee tests Free
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Class A Address
    Wrong, on every level.
    Are thee tests Free
    What does that mean? Are you posting using a phone again?

I'm happy to help you Craig, but you really set yourself up for some abuse if you post without thinking.
    Forum Member
    I would like to do mock online tests but all I find are paying upfront ones. Surely there are ones that can be done without payment.

With that question aren't you talking about ranges? Class A Class and Class C
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mock tests are good preparation but they won't massively add to your knowledge.
    Revision adds to your knowledge.

Is this all from the course you kept going on about that started in January?
    Forum Member
    Yes this is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to do mock online tests but all I find are paying upfront ones. Surely there are ones that can be done without payment.

Have you looked at the official study guides?
    http://www.certiport.com/portal/desktopdefault.aspx?page=common/pagelibrary/MTA_study_guides.html
    Forum Member
    Yes but the lecturers said I would get more out of the Mocks. I did another one and got 26/35 (Thatt's 70%)
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but the lecturers said I would get more out of the Mock...

Is that like the Driving Theory tests where if you do enough mock tests you'll see enough of the answers, and know the correct answer, to get a pass? Parrot fashion.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but the lecturers said I would get more out of the Mocks. I did another one and got 26/35 (Thatt's 70%)

If you want to do well in your career in the future, i really would recommend more revision as well as just doing more mocks.

If your lecturers are sending you in the direction of the mocks cant they get the mock tests for you? or advise where the best place is to get them?