Simon choosing Mel B or Sharon O

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
Forum Member
✭✭
Simon Cowell is reportedly deciding between Mel B and Sharon Osbourne for the 2013 X Factor judging panel.

Who would you choose?

Mel B or Sharon Osbourne - Who would you choose for the X Factor? 124 votes

Mel B
59% 74 votes
Sharon Osbourne
40% 50 votes

Comments

• comdydave2wincomdydave2win Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sharon o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Shame we can't have both. Louis, Sharon, Mel and Nicole would be great!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poll up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Mel B is stunning, but Sharon is great TV.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon but I'd quite like both. Louis, Mel B, Sharon and Nicole would be fun. I don't know why they're even considering bringing Gary back (unless they can get Robbie as well but that seems unlikely).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    I want Sharon on the show
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon. Mel B is a terrible try-hard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I hate both!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Neither!!!!
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate Mel B love Sharon
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dionne Warwick obviously
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Dionne Warwick obviously

Walk on by.
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon. Still don't think it will happen. Its just Simon's PR machine in full flow.
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its all just rumours at the moment and stupid threads like this as if its all true wow pathetic
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at all...
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lola14 wrote: »
    Sharon. Still don't think it will happen. Its just Simon's PR machine in full flow.

I don't think there's any doubt that she will be working for him by the end of the year. The question is whether she's on the US show, the Australian show or the UK show. But I'm pretty sure she'll be doing one of them.

It also depends on what the situation might be with a certain Ms Cole.
    at all...

In management, yes. I'd not worry about her music background anyway. Barlow has it in spades and he sucks.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    at all...

Ever heard of the successful Ozzy Osborne? Sharon was his manager! She's got a wealth of experience greater than most of the judges sitting on that panel especially Louis.
  • wonderwheels28wonderwheels28 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    Ever heard of the successful Ozzy Osborne? Sharon was his manager! She's got a wealth of experience greater than most of the judges sitting on that panel especially Louis.
    He was already successful as the front man of an established band, with 8 hit albums / a decade of notoriety in the bag. Louis has far greater experience than her, given that he's built the majority of his acts from nothing and typically played a major role in their inception. Smashing Pumpkins and a handful of acts whose careers had peaked long before she came on board aside, what successful artists has she managed? Add her own daughter (Kelly), and that's pretty much it.

Both would be extremely poor choices, in any case. Sharon was an absolutely useless mentor, whose selfishness and quest for self-promotion effectively left her acts out on their own. Plus the fact that she's ancient, and doesn't have a damn clue about the UK music scene.

And Mel B has zero credentials, other than highly selective editing of her guest stint (that's bizarrely convinced some she'd be a worthwhile addition). There's plenty of Australian footage available on YouTube, to illustrate how thoroughly useless she truly is.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    It also depends on what the situation might be with a certain Ms Cole.

Agreed. I think a lot in the XF franchise depends on whether Fox will accept Cheryl and who else will make up that panel.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Mel B, even though I doubt she'd have the time
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Haha it's neck and neck! Both are great though! Why don't they just get rid of Louis and have both on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha it's neck and neck! Both are great though! Why don't they just get rid of Louis and have both on?

If Nicole had flopped last year I think both Mel B and Sharon would have worked - or are they too alike?
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    If Nicole had flopped last year I think both Mel B and Sharon would have worked - or are they too alike?
    They both fit the gobby role although I think Mel is probably more blunt and honest than Sharon in her opinions when on a show like this.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It probably depends on whether Cheryl returns to the US or not. If she doesn't, Sharon will probably go over there and we'll get Mel, considering Mel B is doing America's Got Talent. If Cheryl does, we'll get Sharon. Either panel would work to be honest.