Man United Supporters Thread (Part 27)

Comments

• BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    These were the reasons why he would take it, not the reason why he would be offered it.

Hodgson is a fine choice but so is Wenger. Wenger is not unrealistic either.

Wenger would have cost a lot more. Both in terms of wages an an astronomical amount in compensation to Arsenal.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These were the reasons why he would take it, not the reason why he would be offered it.

Hodgson is a fine choice but so is Wenger. Wenger is not unrealistic either.

Wenger was just as a realistic choice as my choice Jurgen Klopp, as both have almost water-tight contracts, and both would have cost a lot to buy them out of their respective contracts.
    So, I cannot see how you would see Wenger as a realistic choice.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Wenger was just as a realistic choice as my choice Jurgen Klopp, as both have almost water-tight contracts, and both would have cost a lot to buy them out of their respective contracts.
    So, I cannot see how you would see Wenger as a realistic choice.

Wenger has one year left on his contract and 6 months ago many fans wanted him out.

Many Arsenal fans believe it is time for a change.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine Gooners would like Wenger out and Pep in.....
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Just watching the 4-3 Derby on ESPN I think I'm going to pass out cos Bellamy's just got their third. I still makes me sick that goal :(
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    I imagine Gooners would like Wenger out and Pep in.....

True everyone seems to want Pepe at the moment.
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Just watching the 4-3 Derby on ESPN I think I'm going to pass out cos Bellamy's just got their third. I still makes me sick that goal :(

That the one with rio just casually passing the ball to him and watching as bellamy sprints away like usain bolt?
    True everyone seems to want Pepe at the moment.

Im not sure why anyone would go for pep really if the press reports are to be believed. He apparantly wants a break for a year, who is going to employ him knowing in a years time his heart will be in barca again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't expect/want to have an evening discussing England on the eve of the game of all games..but there we are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wenger has one year left on his contract and 6 months ago many fans wanted him out.

Many Arsenal fans believe it is time for a change.

Just because many fans thik it is time for a change doesn't mean that he will be attainable for the Engalnd job.
    I highly doubt that he would be interested in it anyway, or at least as interested as Sir Fergie would be, after all it is not like the French have a historic liking of the English is it? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »

I much prefer to watch the league cup game of the same season, (the second leg at Old Trafford), as that was a fantastic game as well! :D
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    That the one with rio just casually passing the ball to him and watching as bellamy sprints .......

Yep-Foster watching the ball sail past him. Possibly one of the craziest games I've seen. We have Virgin Media and next door has Sky. There's a delay of about 5 secs between the two. Bellamy scored and I walked out of the house. Then Steve next door roars out of his patio doors screaming his head off!!! I started screaming as well as OH stood looking clueless. I turned to look through the window as the ball was leaving Giggs foot on our tv! Cue chaos! :D
    Forum Member
    Just because many fans thik it is time for a change doesn't mean that he will be attainable for the Engalnd job.
    I highly doubt that he would be interested in it anyway, or at least as interested as Sir Fergie would be, after all it is not like the French have a historic liking of the English is it? ;)

You are asking for reasons why its not unrealistic and i am giving you them. I am not saying those are the reasons he would be offered the job i am simply saying that they contribute to the reasons why he may be interested.

I fail to see how the historic relationship between the English and the French can somehow be used as evidence one way or the other.

All i am saying is that Wenger would be a good choice and that i do not believe he would be as unobtainable as you are suggesting. No more no less.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thinking. Are there people here who you guys are always pleased you seem to constantly disagree with?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are asking for reasons why its not unrealistic and i am giving you them. I am not saying those are the reasons he would be offered the job i am simply saying that they contribute to the reasons why he may be interested.

I fail to see how the historic relationship between the English and the French can somehow be used as evidence one way or the other.

All i am saying is that Wenger would be a good choice and that i do not believe he would be as unobtainable as you are suggesting. No more no less.

Ok then, I apologise, you back Wenger for the job, and I back Klopp, in the end though it won't matter as neither will get the job though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're not doing England here...for the record. We're just...not. So stop it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Just thinking. Are there people here who you guys are always pleased you seem to constantly disagree with?

Well pleased to disagree with is a difficult term, disagree with a lot, would be easy to answer for myself, as it would be Canty, as I think can be seen by quite a few of the posts from today alone! :D
    Forum Member

There are people whom i so fundamentally disagree with that if they agreed with me on a given issue it would make me review my opinion based on said agreement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well pleased to disagree with is a difficult term, disagree with a lot, would be easy to answer for myself, as it would be Canty, as I think can be seen by quite a few of the posts from today alone! :D

There are people here who I actually feel good about myself for disagreeing with.

Not just on the odd issue. Everyone does that. But there's nothing worse than seeing someone post a pigs-arse of opinions over and over again, get a feeling for their idiocy, then discover you share other opinions in common.

When I disagree with someone or think they're foolish, each time a subject appears that highlights the difference, I'm pleased.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are people whom i so fundamentally disagree with that if they agreed with me on a given issue it would make me review my opinion based on said agreement.

:D That's the kind I'm talking about
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I dont really disagree with posters constantly on this thread, however on another thread or two, there are a couple of twitts I often end up squabbling with :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont really disagree with posters constantly on this thread

Oh I do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I do.

Ive noticed :D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive noticed :D;)

:D

Well what's the point unless you can have a good argument? If I wanted to speak with people I agreed with all the time I'd stay in bed and buy a dictaphone.
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    Right onto tomorrows match. More of this please Mr Rooney and Mr Wellbeck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4CA2TRh3jY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3tWVf9LmUc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This time in 24 hours time, we will have a rather large inkiling as to where the title this season will end up, I hope that it will be in our favour.
This discussion has been closed.