Halo 4

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
Forum Member
✭✭✭
[news]Read Digital Spy's review of Halo 4[/news]

Apparently Halo 4 getting released 6th November, really can't wait to get this enjoyed every one so far very interesting to how it goes.

Comments

• Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed for Nov 6.
    Be good to see the Chief again.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed for Nov 6.
    Be good to see the Chief again.

£39.99 on gamestations website:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely get it cheaper than that, typical gamestation these companies never learn.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Surely get it cheaper than that, typical gamestation these companies never learn.

what i meant was, they are a bit early....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if they bumped the price up even further. They never learn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member

:confused: I know supermarkets tend to be cheaper, but aren't most console games generally in the £35-£40 range on release day these days? Just be thankful that they're not trying to charge £54.99 like the RRP for COD...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always go to asda these days, usually cheaper than using the high street. Game and gamestation need to lower prices to start competing otherwise they will go the same way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have pre-ordered mine already (shop-to as they tend to arrive early).
    I am so excited for this game, and I honestly think 343 will do a brilliant job.
    Now hurry up November :mad:
    :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ToomaMcC wrote: »
    I have pre-ordered mine already (shop-to as they tend to arrive early).
    I am so excited for this game, and I honestly think 343 will do a brilliant job.
    Now hurry up November :mad:

:rolleyes:

Looks like another busy Q4 again this year. Still working through last year's stuff. Still got to finish Saints 3, AC:Rev and (even though I'm now on my 3rd character (1st lvl 79, 2nd lvl 51, 3rd lvl 14) Skyrim.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    So what do peple make of the Halo 4 LE 360s console? It's due to be released with the game and comes with two Halo 4 controllers, a wired headset, a 320GB hard drive, some redeemable tokens for in-game and avatar content and a copy of the game itself.

It features custom sounds for the power and drive tray like the other LE 360's and comes with a nice translucent ash black casing with blue LED's. It's pretty nice looking but it's priced at £269.99 RRP which you can probbaly knock a few quid off that from some retailers.

Pictures: [1] [2] [3]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks impressive if they have one of those special offers in game when you trade in your old elite console towards it and get it half price I might pick one up.
    Forum Member
    The Halo 4 LE 360s has now been fully unveiled and there's some great new pics, the console looks even better than previously shown! I'd actually go so far to say this is the nicest looking console this gen:

[The Console] [The Controllers] [Close Up] [Front View]
    The main inspiration for having a translucent case "comes from an important object in the game that you haven't seen yet", apparently. It isn't "a literal recreation" of that object, though.

These are the paint and finish on the interior of the console - "a touch that provides a subtle depth and detail like insect wings" - and the blue LEDs on the console power button and Guide Button of the controller.

Regarding the custom sounds:
    They're not verbatim recreations of specific in-game items, but rather custom-tuned elements that have a kind of crystalline-metallic quality. We went through dozens of variants - and the real challenge wasn't finding cool sounds, it was finding sounds that worked well at the low volume and limited frequency range of that tiny speaker

[Power On Sound] [Eject Sound]

So....who's buying one? ;)
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Think i'm getting the LE 360 as my current console is on the way out. It freezes sometimes in hot weather and i have to bang it when i press eject for the tray to come out.:o

I could also do with a new controller because my second one has an hairline crack on the top and moves the the left on it's own.

The new Halo 4 LE console looks fantastic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All my controllers, before the ones that came with my current slim, moved to the left by themselves.

The only LE console that I'd get is the Star Wars one. (yes, I'm a Star Wars nerd) How could you not like having an Xbox shaped R2?
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I've ordered the console - made a mistake ordering the Star Wars one (had a thread on taking that back a couple of months ago for a refund) but the Halo 4 one I know I will keep.
    Forum Member
    All my controllers, before the ones that came with my current slim, moved to the left by themselves.

The only LE console that I'd get is the Star Wars one. (yes, I'm a Star Wars nerd) How could you not like having an Xbox shaped R2?

Yeah I bought a kinect Star Wars 360 a few weeks ago as the price dropped pretty low from the RRP and I could not resist. While it is a strange looking design it's just so unique and the R2D2 sounds never gets old. :cool: This Halo one is not so eccentric but it is gorgeous to look at.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still got the special resident evil edition elite console but the Halo 4 one looks impressive. Might have to trade in towards it when released.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    this halo is going to be crazy, they have went all out this time espically mutiplayer sided. personally i enjoyed halo 3 very much but i did'nt enjoy reach because there wasnt a battle rifle thanks god there is a br in halo 4 <3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed all the games except ODST, just couldn't get into it like the others.
    Forum Member
    Prepare for your jaw to drop (if you haven't seen it already). This is 10 minutes of Halo 4 campaign footage. It looks incredible and it's great to see Halo 4 shaping up to be potentially the best in the series yet. here
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure whether to get Halo 4 or not. I have the Halo anniversary and Halo 3 but didn't play the latter much. I'll probs go for Blops 2 as i'm a huge cod fan and get Halo 4 around xmas time. looks excellent though and the Halo 4 console is stunning :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get into Halo, I bought anniversary to try and ignite my interest, its not happening for me.

I will complete it as I don't like to walk away from a game I paid good money for, so hopefully by the end I'll be a Halo convert. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anniversary is better in co-op mode. I'm still trying to get through the Library level on legendary though lol
    Forum Member
    I enjoy Anniversary without co-op but it is hard on anything above normal imo. I'm making good progress in Heroic but if you want to compete at higher level difficulty then you will probably want to team up. Superb game though, even today it still stands out as a classic FPS.
    Forum Member
    Been playing quite a bit of Reach recently on Heroic, I love that game! If Halo 4 can capture the same magic with those graphics then it's gonna be something special.

Why do some people say Reach graphics suck? They are some of the best I've seen on 360.