Claudia Lawrence: What happened?

PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
Forum Member
As it approaches the 4th anniversary of her disappearance, do you think she ws abducted? Or as some media reports hinted, did she run off with a married lover?

I personally think she was abducted by someone who knew the route she took and took a chance one day to take her away.

Comments

• CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    I'm still going with my theory that she was abducted and murdered by an active, and yet unknown, serial killer. Remember though, it's only a theory.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    This is a baffling case.

On the face of it, it appears to be an abduction and murder case, but there's so little evidence.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I have an interest in missing people cases and usually have a strong opinion but this one I just don't...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they said the crossbow cannibal was a suspect.
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Wasn't there some connection with Cyprus?
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it really been 4 years since she disappeared? :eek:

I think her remains will either be found in concrete one day, or she'll never be found.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't she disappear in a temporal pardox when professor Cutter....

Oh wait - that was Claudia Brown....
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Wasn't she said to be involved in several affairs with married men?
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah that was her name! Thanks OP, me and my mum were trying to remember her name a few weeks ago.

Yea I'm sure she was abducted, unfortunately.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine the Claudia Lawrence case is a difficult one for the police. She could have been killed by someone she knew (like most cases), but also there is a possibility that she could have been killed by a stranger - after all, she did walk a few miles every morning to work in the dark. The lack of evidence is striking, next to nothing to go on.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    This is a baffling case.

On the face of it, it appears to be an abduction and murder case, but there's so little evidence.

Agreed. It's a bit odd.
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    I imagine the Claudia Lawrence case is a difficult one for the police. She could have been killed by someone she knew (like most cases), but also there is a possibility that she could have been killed by a stranger - after all, she did walk a few miles every morning to work in the dark. The lack of evidence is striking, next to nothing to go on.

All the moreso given the prevalance of cctv in the UK
    Forum Member
    How unusual is it for no body to be found in what has all the hallmarks of an abduction/murder case?

My perception is that high profile missing persons cases do tend to end with a body being found eventually.

I know there are some notable exceptions such as Madeleine McCann and little April Jones, but I can't remember too many incidences where a body is not found after a period of time.
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    I guess unless someone comes forward to say they witnessed something, it may never be solved.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hyena wrote: »
    I thought they said the crossbow cannibal was a suspect.

He sounds a cheerful chap. What did he do then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon some weirdo just bundled her into his car. Probably a stranger who has done it before.

Like a poster above said.. its just my theory.
    Forum Member
    I reckon some weirdo just bundled her into his car. Probably a stranger who has done it before.

Like a poster above said.. its just my theory.

That is certainly what it appears to be on the face of it.

Gut feelings and initial reactions do generally tend to be correct much of the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gut feelings and initial reactions do generally tend to be correct much of the time.

And if they got away with it, they'll probably do it again and will eventually get caught out. I reckon someone on a murder charge in prison will be revealed to be her killer in years to come.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How unusual is it for no body to be found in what has all the hallmarks of an abduction/murder case?

My perception is that high profile missing persons cases do tend to end with a body being found eventually.

I know there are some notable exceptions such as Madeleine McCann and little April Jones, but I can't remember too many incidences where a body is not found after a period of time.

The murderer would have been in luck - North Yorkshire is a big county! Moorland, forests, rivers, coastline, etc. A body not turning up, in this particular case, isn't too surprising.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon she had a sex change and is playing up front for Huddersfield.
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    It's a bit creepy how this dangerous person who took her if that's what happened could be still walking our streets and living amongst us.
    Forum Member
    The murderer would have been in luck - North Yorkshire is a big county! Moorland, forests, rivers, coastline, etc. A body not turning up, in this particular case, isn't too surprising.

Yes, that is very much the case.

The same can be said of the April Jones case. The chances of April being found in rural Wales are pretty close to zero. I really do feel for her poor family.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not sure about that :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit creepy how this dangerous person who took her if that's what happened could be still walking our streets and living amongst us.

They could be posting on here...

That's a bit sinister. :o
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But do they? I mean, really?