Forum Member
    Tyler's episode tomorrow :):D
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    Bump for today :)
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a good episode. I'm glad Tyler finally got a central episode, we also got to know a bit more about his mum and how she couldn't cope. It was nice to see Carmen, Tee and Lily together again. I like Rick and Tyler's friendship, it was also nice to see everyone cheering for Tyler at the end. Tee and Carmen were right about saying "you shouldn't change just because someone tells you to" You could see Tyler was hurting which is why I'm glad they pointed that out to Rick. I laughed when Tyler shot the water bomb at Elektra twice. I actually thought she was going going to chase him but she showed her nice side!:D

Here's the sneak peek for episode 11.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p0160vgw

Both the penultimate episode and the final episode will be airing next week ater the Glee Club Final so there will be a double bill next Friday! This also means that the first series is now close to finishing. I really hope it gets recomissioned.
    Forum Member
    Loved the episode - like how they brought out Rick, Tyler and Elektra's characters out a bit more, as with the others. I wonder if Lily got found out at the end :D. One of the better episodes of the series.

Nice to see a double bill next week aswell, should be a good day for CBBC with the Glee Club Final, two episode of The Dumping Ground and then 4 O'Clock Club - hopefully the ratings are as good as I'd expect, the highest of the series at least.

It should definitely get recommissioned, I don't see why not. However I think I can see Rick leaving in the next series as he should be near to 16 and we know that they all have to leave once they are 16.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faith is on Eastenders tonight!:D It's nice to see Leanne in a different role.

Saffron (Sapphire) also made an appearance yesterday after a while offscreen.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Faith is on Eastenders tonight!:D It's nice to see Leanne in a different role.

Saffron (Sapphire) also made an appearance yesterday after a while offscreen.

:eek: i saw that, mike is not going to be pleased.

Will have to catch up when i have time, overslept again:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    :eek: i saw that, mike is not going to be pleased.

Indeed! She's joined Razz's gang!:D
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »

You talking about EE or TDG? :D
    Forum Member
    380k (2.6%) for yesterdays episode, a series low :(

Official ratings are all on Wikipedia.

I think they need to work harder to keep the audience every week.
    Forum Member
    As for the others, what did you think of the episode?

Wikipedia says Carmen is leaving in episode 12 :eek:
  • thehordeoftravthehordeoftrav Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Good episode!

I've never liked Carmen, I'd be happy to see her go!
    Forum Member
    Good episode!

I've never liked Carmen, I'd be happy to see her go!

What's wrong with Carmen?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a trailer for episode 12 and 13. The final two episodes of The Dumping Ground. It looks pretty intense! It will be sad if Carmen goes. I like the character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKblXngJ2jg
    Forum Member
    Here's a trailer for episode 12 and 13. The final two episodes of The Dumping Ground. It looks pretty intense! It will be sad if Carmen goes. I like the character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKblXngJ2jg

So it's a double episode?

But this has happened a few times - it's pretty evident someone will leave and they end up not doing so. However other times they do leave when you don't expect them to (Liam, Gus).

I hope the ratings do rise, as they haven't been great over the past few weeks. They should be over 500,000 every week.
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    What's wrong with Carmen?

First of all, Mike seems to be making a speech about him leaving....in that trailer! It was bit weird...Carmen very naive if she thinks she'll survive by herself..

Carmen's just a selfish,obnoxious, boring c*w! She has no care or consideration for anyone except herself and she's obsessed with pink..So yeah not very likeable character.
    Forum Member
    It's quite a silly concept, she's only 14/15 and deciding to travel the world with someone who she hasn't know for long. But as I assume, she'll change her mind.

At least they have two good episodes to close what has been a superb series - going on episodes so far it's the best series of any CBBC show ever in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's a double episode?

But this has happened a few times - it's pretty evident someone will leave and they end up not doing so. However other times they do leave when you don't expect them to (Liam, Gus).

I hope the ratings do rise, as they haven't been great over the past few weeks. They should be over 500,000 every week.

BIB - Episode 12 will be on first, then the final episode will air after.
    First of all, Mike seems to be making a speech about him leaving....in that trailer! It was bit weird...Carmen very naive if she thinks she'll survive by herself..

Carmen's just a selfish,obnoxious, boring c*w! She has no care or consideration for anyone except herself and she's obsessed with pink..So yeah not very likeable character.

According to the synopsis, Mike doesn't leave, he gets poorly in episode 12 and that's when Carmen makes a decision on whether to go to Rio or stay at Elm Tree.

It's true that Carmen acts selfish sometimes but if you look back at this series, she has been a bit more mature, she does care for her friends. If you look back at episodes such as SOS, she helped Jody and protected her from her brother. She also supported Lily in episode 3 and persuaded her to give Shanay a chance. Personally, I wouldn't say she doesn't take consideration for others because these episodes show that she clearly does except at times, she does acts bratty.
    she's only 14/15

She's actually 13 in this series.
    Forum Member
    It's true that Carmen acts selfish sometimes but if you look back at this series, she has been a bit more mature, she does care for her friends. If you look back at episodes such as SOS, she helped Jody and protected her from her brother. She also supported Lily in episode 3 and persuaded her to give Shannay a chance. Personally, I wouldn't say she doesn't take consideration for others because these episodes show that she clearly does except at times she acts bratty.

Is the synopsis/happenings in episode 12 & 13 similar? I'd have thought so because they were in the same trailer, and they are obviously making an effort to promote it as the ratings haven't been great recently.

Episodes where Carmen has acted 'bratty' are episode 9 A Day in the Past where she refused to dress up as a maid but if you weren't used to any of that at all, then you would have acted the same way. But I think she takes consideration for others a lot more than when she shows her 'negative/selfish' side.
    Forum Member
    She's actually 13 in this series.

Well, they hardly ever mention the characters' ages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the synopsis/happenings in episode 12 & 13 similar? I'd have thought so because they were in the same trailer, and they are obviously making an effort to promote it as the ratings haven't been great recently.

Since both episodes are airing on the same day, it makes sense to include both in the trailer. Different events will be happening in both episodes.
    Well, they hardly ever mention the characters' ages.

True but I read most of the ages somewhere. Frank and Elektra seem to be the oldest out of the YP.
    Forum Member
    At least they have two good episodes to close what has been a superb series - going on episodes so far it's the best series of any CBBC show ever in my opinion.

Wow! Really! Best Series Of ANY CBBC Show EVER?
    I wouldn't say that at all! But of-course that your opinion :)

When did you start watching CBBC?
    I'm 14. I started watching CBBC in the early 00s so my earliest memory is in around 2004. So I watched a quite a lot of older programme on repeats. Programmes like The Demon Headmaster, The Ghost Hunter, Big Kids then Stupid, Arthur, Young Dracula, Mi High and so on.. I've cached most good programmes on CBBC since 2004.
    But I still watched programmes for adults such as Hustle, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Torchwood, excreta. Also, I've been a fan of Doctor Who and Waterloo Road from 2005 and 2006. So my point is even though I've watched CBBC quite a lot, I've still grown up with shows attended at older audiences.

Back on topic, I think Young Dracula Series 2 would be up there in my choice for Best CBBC Series but there's quite a lot so I don't really know.

The Dumping Ground has been too inconsistent. (imo)
    Forum Member
    Wow! Really! Best Series Of ANY CBBC Show EVER?
    I wouldn't say that at all! But of-course that your opinion :)

When did you start watching CBBC?
    I'm 14. I started watching CBBC in the early 00s so my earliest memory is in around 2004. So I watched a quite a lot of older programme on repeats. Programmes like The Demon Headmaster, The Ghost Hunter, Big Kids then Stupid, Arthur, Young Dracula, Mi High and so on.. I've cached most good programmes on CBBC since 2004.
    But I still watched programmes for adults such as Hustle, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Torchwood, excreta. Also, I've been a fan of Doctor Who and Waterloo Road from 2005 and 2006. So my point is even though I've watched CBBC quite a lot, I've still grown up with shows attended at older audiences.

Back on topic, I think Young Dracula Series 2 would be up there in my choice for Best CBBC Series but there's quite a lot so I don't really know.

The Dumping Ground has been too inconsistent. (imo)

It's the only one so far that's really kept me interested throughout, and the only one that I've actually really managed to get involved in discussions about. I only properly started watching in 2011 I think, when I started watching Dani's House, which could be up there for Best Comedies if they removed the laugh track, as with Dani's Castle.

The only thing that would make The Dumping Ground better is if they'd show it on BBC HD but as it turns out that it'll end up turning into BBC Two HD, it'll never happen apparently.

The fantasy/sci-fi shows don't interest me much, apart from looking at their ratings :D

It'd be interesting if we knew how they actually film TDG, where they all stay, what parts are actually filmed in a set etc.
    Forum Member
    Giving this thread a bump for the final two episodes on Friday so hope it gets a bit more active - my aim for 1,000 posts by the end of the series is quite far away.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Finally watching now:o