• DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have read it before posting. :blush:

It was 1999.......oops. :blush:
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was present day when I first saw it, she always looks thin. Sneaky DM, wind up merchants of the first order.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    This isn't news. She's spoken on this a few times. She's even said she's lucky she's still here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is not news, apart from good for her she beat the drug, and hopefully will help others do the same.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the trashy Daily Mail trying to stir things up negatively for Angelina. If this happened years ago and she's been off it for years, there isn't a problem. It must be a slow news day for the trashy Daily Mail. Once again, a negative article about a female.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All this highlights is how tacky the Mail is and how inspirational Angelina is for beating her demons and putting her life back on track. I think genuinely too many people respect Angelina to take any notice of this clear attempt to paint her in a bad light.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Oh Daily Mail, that was old recording! Very shame on you. She was young and fool. Now she is better role model, She's a wonderful example of someone who has turned their life completely around and is now using her past mistakes to help others.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen this as well and it's a very poor attempt to create something out of nothing.

They claim to have reached out to her people for a comment, but i'd love Angelina herself to take it on. At the end of the day, she's got nothing to be ashamed of and certainly no reason to hide behind any spokespeople.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a complete non story. It's widely known that Angelina has a troubled past but she's turned her life around, moved on and is a completely different person to who she was back then.

What possible story is there here? Woman f**ked up in the past - well that goes for most of us including, I'm pretty sure, everyone who works at the DM.

They really have run out of things to be outraged about now so they're having to make sh*t up
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    It's sad how low DM can go. This happened over 15 years ago, there is no reason or need to publish it now. But DM always works the hardest to tear any successful and respectable woman apart, can't have that.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Guardian is reporting she's suing over it. Also George Clooney isn't accepting their non apology. I wouldn't want to be in their editors shoes right now with two big name Hollywood stars after their blood.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    The Guardian is reporting she's suing over it. Also George Clooney isn't accepting their non apology. I wouldn't want to be in their editors shoes right now with two big name Hollywood stars after their blood.

Ouch! Karma biting back! Good on them!
  • Julia_WebbJulia_Webb Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Best news I've heard all day! :)
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I bet a lot of people like the OP didn't read the article and just assumed this was 'News'

No offence meant OP
    Forum Member

This isn't a good week for Daily Mail. Both Clooney snd Jolie ha lot of money and clout. I have a feeling they actually might be in this together.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't a good week for Daily Mail. Both Clooney and Jolie have a lot of money and clout. I have a feeling they actually might be in this together.

Wouldn't be surprised. At the very least he's friends with Brad if not her too, so at least there might have been a phone call.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't be surprised. At the very least he's friends with Brad if not her too, so at least there might have been a phone call.

Maybe it was Brad who noticed it when he flicked through the free to read copy of the Mail as he enjoyed his Wimpy
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's suing ..
    The Times reports that the Maleficent actress is suing the British tabloid for "gross violation of her privacy".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a583492/angelina-jolie-to-sue-daily-mail-for-publishing-drugs-video.html#~oJIVsYr2G6rXmi

Says a lot when the journalists in the US ignored the video because, according to the article, they consider it "ancient history" - which it clearly is.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Just shows how desperate the trashy Daily Mail were to get something to print.
    Forum Member
    She's suing ..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a583492/angelina-jolie-to-sue-daily-mail-for-publishing-drugs-video.html#~oJIVsYr2G6rXmi

Says a lot when the journalists in the US ignored the video because, according to the article, they consider it "ancient history" - which it clearly is.

It wold be different if it had something to do with her life now, but the video is from 16 years ago. Interestingly, this clip actually painted AJ in a good light. She was even in her 'worst days' worried about other people and their well bring.