2011 voting states - How did Janet not win?

Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
Forum Member
✭✭
Week 2.

Janet Devlin: 23.6%
The Risk: 10.9%
Sophie Habibis: 8.9%
Little Mix: 8.7%
Misha B: 7.8%
Craig Colton: 6.9%
Marcus Collins: 6.8%
Johnny Robinson: 6.5%
Sami Brookes: 6.2%
Kitty Brucknell: 5.9%
Frankie Cocozza: 5.2%
Nu Vibe: 2.6%

Week 3

Janet Devlin: 17.2%
Johnny Robinson: 17.1%
Misha B: 11.8%
Marcus Collins: 11.2%
The Risk: 8.3%
Little Mix: 6.0%
Frankie Cocozza: 6.0%
Craig Colton: 6.0%
Sophie Habibis: 5.8%
Sami Brookes: 5.6%
Kitty Brucknell: 5.0%

Week 4

Janet Devlin: 14.7%
Little Mix: 13.7%
Craig Colton: 13.0%
Kitty Brucknell: 12.9%
Johnny Robinson: 12.2%
Marcus Collins: 10.1%
The Risk: 7.2%
Frankie Cocozza: 5.7%
Sophie Habibis: 5.4%
Misha B: 5.1%

Week 5

Janet Devlin: 18.0%
Marcus Collins: 16.0%
Misha B: 12.2%
Little Mix: 11.9%
Craig Colton: 10.1%
Frankie Cocozza: 8.7%
Johnny Robinson: 8.3%
Kitty Brucknell: 7.6%
The Risk: 7.2%

And then it just falls apart on week 6. How can some one go from dominating so much to not even making the final?

Comments

• Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    I don't believe she wanted to win.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Because they pulled a hatched job on the flame-haired maiden. They shoved her on stage with MmmmBop and no dancers, no production, just her, alone, on the most brightly lit stage of all time for chrissake. No wonder it was a mess a damn mess!! Misha B was bottom 2 practically every second week yet Janet got turfed out against her despite it being her first time and despite mauling all the lessers in the votes every single damn week save none. It's one of the chief reasons I hope Chris wins as they're trying the same triflin' shieeet with him.
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because She was Too Much of a Love Her Hate Her Type Singer. She had a solid core fanbase but as people started leaving she didnt gain any new fans/voters where as others did. Im starting to think its the same with chris
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Because they pulled a hatched job on the flame-haired maiden. They shoved her on stage with MmmmBop and no dancers, no production, just her, alone, on the most brightly lit stage of all time for chrissake. No wonder it was a mess a damn mess!! Misha B was bottom 2 practically every second week yet Janet got turfed out against her despite it being her first time and despite mauling all the lessers in the votes every single damn week save none. It's one of the chief reasons I hope Chris wins as they're trying the same triflin' shieeet with him.
    This is what I think they are trying to do to Chris too. They have no shame.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sabotaged by the producers of course.

She was their Plan A, but rumour has it she was very independent and feisty backstage and was no X Factor puppet. They quickly turned against her and started a campaign to get her off the show, including ordering their mouthpiece Borelow to tell her how "disappointing" and "below par" she was every week (even though she was still topping the poll at that stage).

It was hilarious to see Louis vote against Janet in the sing off, when he loved her and couldn't stand Misha B :)
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seriously believe that if she hadn't forgot her words the couple of times that she did, she'd have most likely won which is a shame. :( She totally deserved to win, but really it was probably a good thing for her that she didn't I guess.

They started to push for a Little Mix win pretty soon after the lyric issues too.
    Forum Member
    I seriously believe that if she hadn't forgot her words the couple of times that she did, she'd have most likely won which is a shame. :( She totally deserved to win, but really it was probably a good thing for her that she didn't I guess.

They started to push for a Little Mix win pretty soon after the lyric issues too.

Oh I forgot you stanned for Janet as well as Cher. Do you have any flaws at all or.. ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Oh I forgot you stanned for Janet as well as Cher. Do you have any flaws at all or.. ?
    It would appear not... :)

I loved Janet and expected her to definitely get to the finale, I was pretty annoyed by how much they tried to sabotage her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was because the producers were discovered that every time she yelped she was attracting the local canine population. Lol.
  • InsomniacParadeInsomniacParade Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was totally the producer's fault that Janet forgot the words to her songs twice.
    Forum Member
    It was totally the producer's fault that Janet forgot the words to her songs twice.

It's not Queen Janet's fault the words to those songs were so damn forgettable, tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it hilarious when people blame people not picking up the phone and voting on the producers. Can they give them bad songs. Can they get the judges to say terrible things about them etc of course.

But ultimatly the PUBLIC HAVE THE POWER. The producers don't hold a gun to your head and say don't vote. If people picked up the phone and continued to vote for her shed of won explain how people stopped voting is the producers fault????????

Maybe it had something to do with she wasn't broad enough appeal or the fact she forgot her words
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    steve2013 wrote: »
    I find it hilarious when people blame people not picking up the phone and voting on the producers. Can they give them bad songs. Can they get the judges to say terrible things about them etc of course.

But ultimatly the PUBLIC HAVE THE POWER. The producers don't hold a gun to your head and say don't vote. If people picked up the phone and continued to vote for her shed of won explain how people stopped voting is the producers fault????????

Maybe it had something to do with she wasn't broad enough appeal or the fact she forgot her words

That's ridiculous. Of course public support will dwindle if the producers undermine performances. Some people see through the sabotage and will continue with voting out of support, but most casual viewers will just see a contestant under-performing.

Most people who call in don't check to see "has X been given terrible songs for weeks now?" "has Y been given lots of wide-angle, empty stage shots this time?" "Is the backing track too quiet this week?" - they just react to performances that sound good, or sound bad
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is what they would have you believe. You obviously are not picking up on the manipulation that has been crystal clear to many of us over the last few years. The reason why many don't bother voting.
  • The NetThe Net Posts: 5,484
    Forum Member
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    That is what they would have you believe. You obviously are not picking up on the manipulation that has been crystal clear to many of us over the last few years. The reason why many don't bother voting.

Or in a million cases watching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mbiz wrote: »
    That's ridiculous. Of course public support will dwindle if the producers undermine performances. Some people see through the sabotage and will continue with voting out of support, but most casual viewers will just see a contestant under-performing.

Most people who call in don't check to see "has X been given terrible songs for weeks now?" "has Y been given lots of wide-angle, empty stage shots this time?" "Is the backing track too quiet this week?" - they just react to performances that sound good, or sound bad
    CARA2000 wrote: »

Ultimatley the person with the most votes wins. Do the producers try and manipulate it with bad songs bad judges comments etc of course they do even a blind man could see that.

Should that be going on no but ultimatly at the end of the day if the PUBLIC want someone to win badly enough there's no amount of producer manipulation that can stop that from happening.

The one thing they can't manipulate is the votes surley the public have to take a good amount of blame if there stupid enough to not vote for there favorite if there given a bad song of bad judges comments.

Its not the producers fault if you choose to vote on song choices judges comments etc vote on who you like and that person will win
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    She was too good for the show.
    Have heard clips from her new album out early next year. Have never bought a reality tv singers music from pop idol through to X factor. I might with hers though. Some cool sounding tunes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    She was quite similar to Diana Vickers which might have caused a few people to shrug and not bother after a while. Can't believe Johnny was that close on week 2!

What week did she sing Mmm Bop?
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member

Because forgetting the lyrics to a song is so unimportant yeh?
  • collide101collide101 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I believe the producers wanted a group to win that year, so they tried to destroy competition from the girls category. I thought it was a shame how Misha B and Janet were treated on the live shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What week did she sing Mmm Bop?
    She sang MMMBop the same week that was eliminated. :( It was one of my favourite performances by her, despite the lyric issues.
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Because forgetting the lyrics to a song is so unimportant yeh?
    What? I think it's sad because of her massive potential, she was literally miles ahead of anybody last series.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she was bloody awful?

I can only put her early voting success down to the Irish vote (Eoghan Quigg, Mary Byrne).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vol wrote: »

I can only put her early voting success down to the Irish vote (Eoghan Quigg, Mary Byrne).

I loved her and I'm as English as curry and Foster's lager.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vol wrote: »

This.
    jackbell wrote: »
    I loved her and I'm as English as curry and Foster's lager.

Doesn't mean only Irish people voted her, just that the Irish vote was what was keeping her in
  • Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    Ultimatley the person with the most votes wins. Do the producers try and manipulate it with bad songs bad judges comments etc of course they do even a blind man could see that.

Should that be going on no but ultimatly at the end of the day if the PUBLIC want someone to win badly enough there's no amount of producer manipulation that can stop that from happening.

The one thing they can't manipulate is the votes surley the public have to take a good amount of blame if there stupid enough to not vote for there favorite if there given a bad song of bad judges comments.

Its not the producers fault if you choose to vote on song choices judges comments etc vote on who you like and that person will win

Ridiculously semantic reasoning. Enough said. ;)
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    This.

Doesn't mean only Irish people voted her, just that the Irish vote was what was keeping her in

Proven on numerous occasions to be devoid of merit. Hence why I shan't bother repeating... :sleep: