Dexter - best new show after Heroes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,337
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I love this new show, it's even darker than six feet under and more watchable.

Almost makes at for Smith being cancelled (the fools!)

http://www.tv.com/dexter/show/62683/summary.html?q=dexter&tag=search_results;title;0

Highly recommended :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100% agree, only new show that beats it is heroes, but only by a whisker.

I'm curious as to who the ice truck killer is, might read the book
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Will have a look for this then..

Also gutted about Smith too.. Really liked that show..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,004
    Forum Member
    FXUK have been running trailers for this during Brotherhood.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Is it definate now that the smiths has been cancelled? ive only heard the rumours.... :(
  • ParkerParker Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smith was taken off the schedule, removed from the CBS website and never seen again! 100% gone!

Dexter has been excellent so far, I would agree it is just behind Heroes as best new show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parker wrote:
    Dexter has been excellent so far, I would agree it is just behind Heroes as best new show.

Isn't it great when a show comes out of no where and blows you away. The lead character is perfectly cast, his narration is the best I've ever seen, I guess staight from the book, which it's stayed truthful too apparently.

I like shows broadcast on cable, which run without breaks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does Dexter start in the UK?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does Dexter start in the UK?

To early to say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Ive also been watching this.. really enjoying it.

The main guy plays it very well.

Highly reccommend people to give it a watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I watched the first episode and i think it's really good, but heroes have my undivided attention.

The lead actor who plays Dexter is very good and the narrative part tends to give me goosebumps.. cos he's appraising the ice truck killer and to me it's twisted but at the same time i'm compelled to watch more.. hope it get shows in the UK
  • WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    Do we know if any channel has bought it over here?

And do we know when Heros start on Sci-Fi?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,004
    Forum Member
    As I said above, FX have been running 'coming soon' trailers.
  • WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    Ah, sorry. Missed that. Hopefully someone will post it on the forum when it does start as FX isn't a channel I normally watch.
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just downloaded this off your recommendations - I've only seen the first 20 mins (had to go to work) but it's already totally gripped me

Really enjoying it - agree his narration is chilling!
  • SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    Just watched episode 1. Seems like another great new series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thumbs up for Dexter from me too - I've only seen the 1st ep though, have any more aired yet ?

It's a shame about Smith getting cancelled I thought it was a good show with a lot of potential to develop - I quite enjoyed Vanished and Kidnapped too, which also appear to have been dropped.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thumbs up for Dexter from me too - I've only seen the 1st ep though, have any more aired yet ?

It's a shame about Smith getting cancelled I thought it was a good show with a lot of potential to develop - I quite enjoyed Vanished and Kidnapped too, which also appear to have been dropped.

3 epsiodes out of 12 have aired so far.

Vanished, hasn't well vanished yet and returns on 27 October in a friday timeslot, not a good sign.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To early to say.
    Sky One or Channel 4, I bet. Maybe Five US?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 4 was fantastic, if you can watch it.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is also one of my favs this season - agree as well about being disappointed in Smith being cancelled - have already recommended this to lots of friends to watch when it gets shown over here
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Fantastic new show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Episode 4 was fantastic, if you can watch it.
    Yeah this is rapidly becoming my new favorite show. Micheal Hall really is doing the character justice. I was worried I wouldn't beable to get past seeing him as David from Six Feet Under but it quickly became obvious that wasn't going to be a problem.

I wonder where they can take it ultimately though. The show really does raise a lot of questions and I imagine when the wrong people get wind of the premise of the show it will cause a lot of controvosy. Perhaps it already has.

One would think that the Dexter character can't possibly live happily ever after so we're just heading for some sort of nasty trainwreck. Who knows though, I'm just speculating, and certainly don't want to be spoiled if anyone has any real information.

Great show though, those who haven't should try it!
  • jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    it is a good show and after heroes it is my second favorite!!! i thought that guy looked familiar. :)
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm reading the book - I have to say the tv series might be better - Darkly Dreaming Dexter has the same plot so I might slow down and enjoy the show I think
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comedyfish wrote:
    I'm reading the book - I have to say the tv series might be better - Darkly Dreaming Dexter has the same plot so I might slow down and enjoy the show I think

I've been thinking about getting the book myself