Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Katla RevengerKatla Revenger Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    surprised at this,while she was doing her water sking practice down here, she and her crew used a local taxi to ferry them back to london.the driver was a friend of mine and he said how lovely she was and chatted away and was very approacable.

Could have been her PMS or just being a moody cow.
  • sHaKsHaK Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Walliams and Matt Lucas.

Matt Lucas: Sort of pleasant, friendly.

David Walliams: Miserable, grumpy, unfriendly.
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katkim wrote: »
    Aww, I have a soft spot for Jon Bon Jovi - disappointed to read that :(

my husband met him in a club about 6 years ago and said he was very friendly and bought everyone a drink-so u never know could just be having an off day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone met Sandra Bullock, Samantha Womack or Scott Maslen before? :)
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't always rely on these types of threads. There are always people who come out of the woodwork who went to school with people who are now famous, and they always say "they aren't as nice as everyone thinks, they are arrogant" etc cos they are jealous. Poor Keira Knightley and Sarah Michelle Gellar got bullied and called arrogant just because they starred in films and stuff :(

Gemma Arterton seems very nice, everyone who has ever met her has said how lovely she is. Except someone who lived near her who said she was a bitch. Funnily enough I'm guessing they just had a problem otherwise other people would agree and she wouldn't have such a good reputation :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I saw Paul Weller in Sainsbury's, and he was smiling so... yeah...
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met Dwain Chambers, got a picture n all, nice guy. Travesty that he wasn't allowed back into the Olympics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    The loveliest celebrity I've ever met is Nerina Pallot.

(For those who don't know, she's a superb British singer-songwriter and has written for the new Kylie Minogue and Diana Vickers albums.)

Met her after one of her recent shows - incredibly friendly, chatty, down-to-earth and approachable. Not starry at all and pretty self-deprecating. Really appreciates the fans and it wasn't like a quick "hello, thanks for coming," she actually has proper conversations with her fans, and is really interested and talkative.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    may10 wrote: »
    The loveliest celebrity I've ever met is Nerina Pallot.

(For those who don't know, she's a superb British singer-songwriter and has written for the new Kylie Minogue and Diana Vickers albums.)

Met her after one of her recent shows - incredibly friendly, chatty, down-to-earth and approachable. Not starry at all and pretty self-deprecating. Really appreciates the fans and it wasn't like a quick "hello, thanks for coming," she actually has proper conversations with her fans, and is really interested and talkative.

And I would :eek::eek:
  • Sue Ellen EwingSue Ellen Ewing Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sHaK wrote: »
    David Walliams and Matt Lucas.

Matt Lucas: Sort of pleasant, friendly.

David Walliams: Miserable, grumpy, unfriendly.

I found Matt Lucas nice but a bit shy. Caroline Flack is just horrid. Won't mix with anyone unless they are a celeb or Royalty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have met a couple of people, although there not that amazing...:p

Nice
    Sarah Lark (IDA) not the most famous person but for sure the nicest. Stood and chatted for acges and then gave ma and my friend autographs and pictures :) Although i find all the people i have met that were/are in musicals (Kerry Ellis, Connie Fisher, Jodie Prenjer, Dianne Pilkington, Charlotte Wakefield) are lovely, don't know if thats just a coincidence. :)

Natasha Richardson - she was a complete idol of mine ever since i saw her in The Parent Trap when i was little and I was super exited when she was on set the same day as me. She was so sweet, me and my friend were sitting in the shade trying to catch cashew nuts in our mouths to pass the time and she came over and sat in the shade next to us and was telling how we could catch them more easily and then chatted for a while. Absolutely charming!

Cate Blanchett She seemed nice enough :) not starry at all.

Emma Thompson Nice lady, she was all nanny mcpheed up so she it was rather odd talking to her but she was nice :)

My mum and dad met Keira Knightly and James Macavoy at the Atonement premier and said they were very nice and chatty, no starry :) I feel so sorry for Keira, she isn't as bad as everyone assumes!

Can't think of anyone else at the moment....and probs spelt half the names wrong..sorry about that ! :)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Heather_ER wrote: »
    I have met quite a few celebs over the years, nicest one Ive met has to be Gemma Arterton. In 2008 I sent her a letter asking for a signed pic, recieved one back with a lovely letter which I have framed on my wall! Then in February this year I dragged my friend down to London to watch her perform in The Little Dog Laughed, we were lucky enough to see her before and after the play and both times she was very nice, signing autographs and taking pictures with fans outside who had been to the play.. she did refuse to sign for some people who were clearly ebayers but to everyone who had clearly been to the play she was charming :)

I also met Biffy Clyro at a single signing this January, we were told no pictures allowed with the band at the signing desk, however one of the security guards kindly brought the band over to me at the end so I could get a group photo with them!

Kelly Clarkson in February this year, heard she could be horrible but she signed autographs & posed for photos with about 7 fans outside her hotel in Liverpool, I can imagine it must get annoying but she was nice and managed to have a brief chat with her about Liverpool & the concert which was nice.

John and Edward of X Factor fame! You may laugh, but of the X Factor tour this year they were the only act who actually made time to go outside and talk to fans everywhere whereas many of the other acts *cough Olly and Stacey *cough* refused! Lucie, Danyl and Jamie were also nice on tour :)

Speaking of Lucie Jones, I had a meet and greet for her at one of her nightclub gigs and she didnt do it afterwards, after sending an e-mail to her management I recieved a letter and a signed photo from Lucie herself, and the offer of a meet and greet at another gig!

Ive met Avril Lavigne at an organised meet and greet, paid £320 for two tickets for me and my sister.. got about 10 seconds with her, she was nice but for £320 she had to be! Got thrown in and out of a photo with her, before we were allowed near her we got read a list of rules 'dont touch her' 'dont ask for more than one autograph' etc!

The only really horrible celeb Ive met has been Hayley Williams from Paramore. She was a horror back in 2007. There was about 6-8 fans waiting outside the venue to see the band and she ignored us all day, as did Jeremy and Josh (other members of the band). The drummer Zac was lovely though!

REALLY?!!? I love paramore. I've seen tons of stuff on youtube and they always (hayley in particular) seem happy to talk to fans/sign stuff before and after shows. Gutted to hear this.
  • annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Jonathan Ansell a few weeks ago after a Whistle Down the Wind performance. He seemed nice and was happy to sign autographs.

Also met Paul Daniels when I was a little kid. We watched one of his shows and we were sitting in the front row so he called me on stage to help him with a trick. Only then he realised I was a bit too young so he called my sister up to do the trick instead :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    The Jam circa 1978. Great blokes .Paul a bit on the shy side. More recently..

Richard Armitage, a truly lovely man.
    Graham Norton , funny and charming.
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Jam circa 1978. Great blokes .Paul a bit on the shy side.

I'll second that (and, funnily enough, around the same time! :))

Can remember Rick 'hinting' that he didn't have one of the badges I had on my jacket.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had the misfortune to bump into her recently in Westfield, we were about to get in the lift on the Wood Lane entrance when this guy put his hand up and said 'sorry lift full' , ignoring his presence we got on only to be subjected to HER complaining about having ordinarily people in her presence.

Quick as a flash my OH turned around and mouthed ' you shit and talk out of your arse so you are just as ordinary as us', her face was a picture.:D

She even tried to get the security to remove us from Westfield, the bloke she was with that day was NOT Lampard but ..........;)

To be fair you ignored a request not to get into a lift that you knew was already overcrowded, i'm sure there are Heath and Safety implications involved so i'm not surprised she was a bit miffed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    doffer wrote: »
    I'll second that (and, funnily enough, around the same time! :))

Can remember Rick 'hinting' that he didn't have one of the badges I had on my jacket.

Oh yes the badges. I had so many of those and all of the,singles' a few times because of the different covers.
    Kids don't know what they are missing now...:D
  • Katla RevengerKatla Revenger Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    To be fair you ignored a request not to get into a lift that you knew was already overcrowded, i'm sure there are Heath and Safety implications involved so i'm not surprised she was a bit miffed.

To be fair the elevator was not overcrowded, at the entrance before the doors opened there was five of us waiting to enter the lift, I, my OH, Bloke & Child and some lackey they had with them, we all stepped back when the doors opened to accommodate a young girl with stroller who was exiting the lift. At that point there was no one on the lift.

They proceeded to enter the lift at which point their lackey uttered words 'lift full' to us, she was lucky my OH did not slap her disgust towards us of her face. Elevators at Westfield can legally accommodate 15 i believe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Heather_ER wrote: »
    John and Edward of X Factor fame! You may laugh, but of the X Factor tour this year they were the only act who actually made time to go outside and talk to fans everywhere whereas many of the other acts *cough Olly and Stacey *cough* refused! Lucie, Danyl and Jamie were also nice on tour :)

I did some of the XF tour & found it the opposite way round...Jedward were quite rude and only wanted to speak to their 'regular' fans who followed them round the country...even heard one of them say "Who are all these randoms who think they can ask for a picture?"! lol

Whereas Olly was extremely lovely and gracious everytime...have met him now several times and he's always been lovely above and beyond expectations! Even had a few shout outs on his FB and Twitter afterwards! x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair the elevator was not overcrowded, at the entrance before the doors opened there was five of us waiting to enter the lift, I, my OH, Bloke & Child and some lackey they had with them, we all stepped back when the doors opened to accommodate a young girl with stroller who was exiting the lift. At that point there was no one on the lift.

They proceeded to enter the lift at which point their lackey uttered words 'lift full' to us, she was lucky my OH did not slap her disgust towards us of her face. Elevators at Westfield can legally accommodate 15 i believe.

Ah i see, that didn't come across in your first post, i assumed you meant some elevator attendant thingy told you no.
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    ~rach22uk~ wrote: »
    I did some of the XF tour & found it the opposite way round...Jedward were quite rude and only wanted to speak to their 'regular' fans who followed them round the country...even heard one of them say "Who are all these randoms who think they can ask for a picture?"! lol

...Really? First negative thing I've heard from anyone who's met John and Edward.
    Aw well, I still want to meet them :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    -Jade" wrote: »
    ...Really? First negative thing I've heard from anyone who's met John and Edward.
    Aw well, I still want to meet them :D

It's a weird one as they definitely had loads of time for the fans & spent ages signing autographs and doing pictures...just only with the 'faces' that they had seen before and had supported them all along! Or maybe they just pick and choose which fans they like the look of?

Lloyd wasn't particularly nice...my friend asked for a picture and he said "OK but hurry up about it" with a bit of a scowl...which I thought was a bit much considering he was on that tour by the skin of his teeth, given that he can't actually sing!?

Danyl & Jamie were nice enough and happy to have a chat and pictures...didn't really speak to any of the girls so couldn't comment. Didn't see a great deal of them though, really?

Joe was very sweet but the security were all over him like a rash and not letting him stop for the fans...which is a shame!

Olly was far and away the nicest :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    Timmy Mallet did a little show at our local jumping jaks in 2004, my friend was working at Jaks at the time, and TM was begging her and some of the other girls to go back to his hotel room. Also, he tried on a number of occasions to touch some of the girls as "a laugh" when he was on stage.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flaxseed wrote: »
    Timmy Mallet did a little show at our local jumping jaks in 2004, my friend was working at Jaks at the time, and TM was begging her and some of the other girls to go back to his hotel room. Also, he tried on a number of occasions to touch some of the girls as "a laugh" when he was on stage.

I've heard so many bad stories about Timmy Mallett, I think it's definitely a case of no smoke without fire!
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Noel Gallagher 2 years ago

Noel: "just a little test, name your favourite Oasis song"
    Me: "erm erm Columbia or Gas Panic"

He suddenly smiles and shakes my hand.
    I then got his autograph and picture.

Noel: "if you'd have said Wonderwall then I'd have probably told you to piss off"
    :D
    But he said it in a joking way, really cool, honest bloke.