What game do I get for PS4???

Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Obviously looking forward to PS4 in just over 2 weeks,,
Pre ordered mine..

Only dilemma I have is what my first game will be..

Was looking forward to getting Driveclub, but thats been delayed way int next year..

Want a driving game, only one I can see that's released with the console is "Need for Speed rivals"

But have I missed any??

And will "Need for speed rivals" look much different to the PS3 version ??

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Lego Marvel and Fifa.

COD Ghosts and Lego Marvel i'm going to get off an Amazon voucher i have. Fifa i'm going to trade in my current fifa and pay the difference and Battlefield 4 i've got for £40 from Amazon with DLC and a guide.

Need to also get a controller going to cost a fortune lol
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    If you want NFS, I would wait for the reviews. Footage-wise, it looks pretty good (albeit 30 frames per second). It looks like they've done a good job with both PS4 and XB1 versions.

Wait to the reviews to see how well it is aside from the footage, and then go from there. I think its looking like one of EA's better launch titles at the moment.
  • Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    If you want NFS, I would wait for the reviews. Footage-wise, it looks pretty good (albeit 30 frames per second). It looks like they've done a good job with both PS4 and XB1 versions.

Wait to the reviews to see how well it is aside from the footage, and then go from there. I think its looking like one of EA's better launch titles at the moment.

Yes good point…
    Just think at this time thats the only game in my Genre..
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I'm getting Call of Duty Ghosts, Killzone Shadowfall, FIFA 14 and Battlefield 4. Driveclub would've been my final game but I'm torn between Knack & Need for Speed Rivals now.

The good thing about waiting for two weeks after release isn't he US is that we can hear about how good or bad the games are, so I'm waiting on hearing the reaction to both before deciding on my final game.

To be honest though, I think I'm swayed more towards NFS as I loved the last game that was released and this looks more of the same. Knack is going to free for PS+ subscribers in Japan at their launch & I have a feeling this could be one of the first PS4 PS+ games we'll receive in a few months, or one that will be heavily discounted, so may hold off a bit.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^ I also have the feeling "Knack" will be the first full non indie game to hit the PS4 instant game collection.

I'm still looking for a good 2 player game for me and the wife, like the look of NBA 2k but basketball not really our sport nor is Madden. Might pick up Fifa when it's a bit cheaper/2nd hand etc. Looking forward to Diablo next year.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling you're spot on with that Knack prediction Philip.

Can't wait for Diablo. I'm going to sink HOURS into that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I'm getting Killzone Shadowfall

That will keep me going until Order 1886, Infamous Seconds Son and whatever ND bring out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knack is a PS+ title in Japan so yeah it'll come to use I'm quite sure. I'd imagine either in the lull of Summer or as a 'big' title for the Autumn/Winter push next year.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is Order 1886 actually about gameplay wise?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you knew all the inside infoz!

You stroll around London with bastardised weaponry trying to find a dentist and scone shop.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    I thought you knew all the inside infoz!

You stroll around London with bastardised weaponry trying to find a dentist and scone shop.

Sure with PS4 dev internals, but not other games! Playing all unreleased games ever is not a perk many have.
    Forum Member
    Here's some good gameplay of NFS that may help you with your decision http://youtu.be/wNwwV5fKEFU
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm stuck between Battlefield 4 and Killzone.
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK so, I have a PS4 on order, I also bought COD ghosts for my PS3, I have sort of half heard something about people who have bought ghosts for the PS3 can download it for a 10er onto the PS4,
    Anyone have any idea if this is true?
    cheers,
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is true, you should have a code in the box which you'll be able to claim via the PS4 store.
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is true, you should have a code in the box which you'll be able to claim via the PS4 store.

AH great stuff, cheers
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the OP, I'd say Need For Speed is a must, The Crew isn't due out til next summer and early account say the PS4 version of NfS looks better than the PC version (take with a pinch of salt, obviously, but it at least looks good by any measure!).
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want that lego marvel......so good. BUt might have to wait a bit
    Forum Member
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    I want that lego marvel......so good. BUt might have to wait a bit

According to HUKD, you can get this for £24.99 on launch day but I think your PS4 needs to be preordered from them http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/official-ps4-launch-deals-game-1710275?page=3
  • Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah.. NFS will be the PS4 game I'm getting…

Thanks..
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kitt 2000 wrote: »
    Yeah.. NFS will be the PS4 game I'm getting…

Thanks..

I've added NFS & BF:4 to my shopto pre-order so I'm getting the previously mentioned alongside AssassinsCreed, FIFA:14 & Killzone! ... Hurry up the 29th! ;)

(Got COD:G & Lego:MSH for the WiiU instead of PS4 ... Yes I'm stupid but just couldn't wait!!! :p)
    Forum Member
    Will be good to have people on my friends list's times to go up against. I've watched a few high quality streams of NFS & it looks fantastic :cool:
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the information people! I just went and placed my order for a PS4 with Knack. I had wanted Watch dogs but thats been pushed back.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the only 'full' disc based game I am getting is NFS: Rivals, would have definitely got the Club too but with it being put back...

Anyway, now there are several reviews of NFS Rivals out there and the good news is they are really all rather good, the least I have seem it score is 7 out of 10 which is still mighty respectable for a launch game. Also, what really pleases me is the game seems in style and gameplay to be a real throwback to NFS Hot Pursuit which is one of my all time favourites and though the all drive system has issues it actually sounds like a genuine innovation and something that should make races a lot more interesting...

Other than Rivals, the only other games I will have is what my Plus sub allows me or what I am entitled to through the cross buy programme. So on Plus there will be Contrast and Resogun (really looking forward to that one). Plus I also get PS4 versions of Flower, Flow and Sound Shapes as I bought them on PS3, might even buy Escape Plan on PS4 as that sounds an interesting game I've yet to experience.

So though I'm only actually buying one game technically, with PS Plus and the Cross buys that should give me a nice little bundle of launch day content to enjoy.

Would advise anyone who just can't decide what game they want or deliberating on getting that second or third game or not, to instead buy a years PS Plus if you don't have it already. Remember you will need it for online play anyway and you will also get two free PS4 games each month. They likely won't be full retail games for sometime but it is still outstanding value compared to up to £55 per disc based game. :eek:
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I'm getting killzone and need for speed.