Cineworld Unlimited Premium.

Comments

• Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also a cineworld unlimited user here.

They are really pushing the cards at the moment. I'm guessing that while with a regular movie they get to keep roughly half the box office receipts, they'll get to keep the full £14.99 from unlimited customers?
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uk Ltd wrote: »
    Also a cineworld unlimited user here.

They are really pushing the cards at the moment. I'm guessing that while with a regular movie they get to keep roughly half the box office receipts, they'll get to keep the full £14.99 from unlimited customers?

They'd still have to pay something to the film companies though. I guess they're hoping we all buy food and drink as that is the main source of income for a movie theatre. Unlimited Cardholders go more I guess.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What really grinds my gears is that Cineworld are planning to open a new branch in St Neotts outside Cambridge next year. Basically right on my mate's f'n doorstep. He could walk to the f'n cinema.

If i could walk to the cinema with an unlimited card .. oh man ..

BUT I CAN'T HAVE ONE YOU B****RDS! :D
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What really grinds my gears is that Cineworld are planning to open a new branch in St Neotts outside Cambridge next year. Basically right on my mate's f'n doorstep. He could walk to the f'n cinema.

If it helps, Cineworld is rubbish. It's a very sterile atmosphere there in my opinion, it's like watching a film at Tescos or something. Also the idea of turning your phone off appears to be an alien concept, at least to the patrons of the one in Edinburgh
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member

St Neots is spelled with one "t", is this the proposed one where the Recycling Plant used to be?

As I have heard nothing for a while

I am there occasionally, so I get to hear about it
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    If it helps, Cineworld is rubbish

It doesn't :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Has anyone had problems uploading a new picture? My girlfriend hates the picture on her card and this is the ideal chance to update it. But every time you click upload it just clears the path and does nothing.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KFR42 wrote: »
    Has anyone had problems uploading a new picture? My girlfriend hates the picture on her card and this is the ideal chance to update it. But every time you click upload it just clears the path and does nothing.

I did with no issues, maybe try using a different web browser.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    anyone who has an unlimited card can already pre-book via their website, ive done it myself.
    How do you pre-book online with unlimited?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can't. That poster was on the old magic mushrooms.
  • Gavin_WadsworthGavin_Wadsworth Posts: 27
    Forum Member

It's only available at Ipswich at the moment, should be rolled out at all sites within the next couple months.
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone who has an unlimited card can already pre-book via their website, ive done it myself.

Their one and only post :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only available at Ipswich at the moment, should be rolled out at all sites within the next couple months.

Just in time for Premium members! ;)
  • citizenx103citizenx103 Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I thought, but the poster on the other page seems to have experienced a problem where they won't accept their old card.

Oh come on, apply some logic to your thinking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I got my email today. In my junk box. I can't really complain about the service. I just wish we could book online or have a separate till for unlimited holders as the queue at my cinema can stretch round the block when it's busy!:eek:

What really bugs me about it is teenagers. A group of four to six and each of the little brats will buy their tickets seperately which occupies tils and adds minutes to the queue.

There should be a special queue for these imbeciles so the rest of us don't have to be held up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    They'd still have to pay something to the film companies though. I guess they're hoping we all buy food and drink as that is the main source of income for a movie theatre. Unlimited Cardholders go more I guess.

I may be totally wrong but if you view a regular movie it rings up as £3.00 at the til. I suspect that may be what they have to pay to the distributor.

Effectively, they make a profit if you see less than five movies per month. Given most of the cost of concessions at the cinema is profit, a slight reduction in the margin still means extra revenue.

I think at most i've seen 3/5 movies in a month and frequently buy food and drinks so they definitely make a profit from me.

I took out my card around this time last year and have had my email. I had to call Cineworld about a week ago as, long story short - they had setup two dd's for my payment and i'd cancelled one but at their end that cancels both DDs.

They told me i might expect the email and it would definitely include free 3D access and a further discount in concessions.

What i don't know is, if my 12 months sub is over and i continue on a monthly basis, does accepting the Premium card enter me into a further 12 month commitment? Given i'm getting the card whether i like it or not, should i continue my sub then i should hope not.

That said, I think any enhancement on the current deal is great. We know they are planning to introduce online booking too so all in all, good stuff from Cineworld.

My view is that they have done a great job in building a robust product that people want - good quality, modern but not soulless cinemas, good concessions (although the nacho cheese sauce is minging), excellent additional features on occasion (Olympics screenings and upcoming live events).

Where they fail though, in my view is in my local cinema. Clearly they know what brings people through the door but over the last few months they've put on so many kids films there hasn't really been anything else. Understandable in summer hols but this is common throughout the year. I want more range in the types of films they show rather than half of them showing the same thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    If it helps, Cineworld is rubbish. It's a very sterile atmosphere there in my opinion, it's like watching a film at Tescos or something. Also the idea of turning your phone off appears to be an alien concept, at least to the patrons of the one in Edinburgh

In my local cinema i do see people with their phones out periodically and it is annoying. During one movie someone actually answered a call, couldn't believe it.

BUT

They have security staff and ticket staff who come in throughout the movies to check all is ok.

Never seen them tell anyone off yet but it'll happen eventually.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    In my local cinema i do see people with their phones out periodically and it is annoying. During one movie someone actually answered a call, couldn't believe it.

BUT

They have security staff and ticket staff who come in throughout the movies to check all is ok.

Never seen them tell anyone off yet but it'll happen eventually.

At both mine in Glasgow, I have saw people told to put their phones away, told to shut up and even one guy thrown out because he had a camera and they had paused the trailers to get a balloon that a child have let float away! They threw him out because of "copyright" reasons but the trailers were paused it was just coz people were killing themselves laughing at them try to get this ballon down!!

I phoned the unlimited help desk and was told that they basically had not figured out all the stuff they were gonna give us yet, could only guarantee new cards and more offers, they rest he said had no clue - true or not who knows!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Where they fail though, in my view is in my local cinema. Clearly they know what brings people through the door but over the last few months they've put on so many kids films there hasn't really been anything else. Understandable in summer hols but this is common throughout the year. I want more range in the types of films they show rather than half of them showing the same thing.

Totally agree

They're going to build a second cineworld in my town, it'll have 6 screens and the existing one has 7.

I'll lay odds that, instead of showing a wider range of films like the bigger cineworlds in bristol, cardiff, cheltenham etc, they will just show the same old rubbish in both cinemas

Mind you, I have at least a year to wait to find out, they're still clearing the site from demolishing the previous college building
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    Totally agree

They're going to build a second cineworld in my town, it'll have 6 screens and the existing one has 7.

I'll lay odds that, instead of showing a wider range of films like the bigger cineworlds in bristol, cardiff, cheltenham etc, they will just show the same old rubbish in both cinemas

Mind you, I have at least a year to wait to find out, they're still clearing the site from demolishing the previous college building

There are 2 cineworlds in Aberdeen which are perhaps a couple of miles apart and actually, they do a reasonable job of ensuring that they don't just show exactly the same films as each other - they both get the big releases but since the central one opened the older cinema does tend to show slightly more offbeat films than it used to and the range of films covered by both has definately improved.

However, it does make the double bill a bit more of a pain if the two films you want to see are being shown across the two cinemas.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on, apply some logic to your thinking.

I did apply logic, I saw that a poster was having issues and then I asked even anyone else has experienced the same problem. Then the poster cleared up the matter.

I may be totally wrong but if you view a regular movie it rings up as £3.00 at the til. I suspect that may be what they have to pay to the distributor.

They don't have a price on the tickets now, they used to say £3 now they have £0.00
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    anyone got the link to upgrade the account?

i hadn't updated my account with my new email address so doubt ill get the link :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    kimzy1986 wrote: »
    anyone got the link to upgrade the account?

i hadn't updated my account with my new email address so doubt ill get the link :(

U cannot use anyone else's link! Comes up with an error saying something about validating e-mail. Two of my friends are in this position and they couldn't use my link. U need to phone them and ask to get a email sent to u. Hope that helps.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why dont showcase or odeon do these type of cards?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    weegrim wrote: »
    U cannot use anyone else's link! Comes up with an error saying something about validating e-mail. Two of my friends are in this position and they couldn't use my link. U need to phone them and ask to get a email sent to u. Hope that helps.

thanks for that, i did phone and change my email address but they wont be sending the email out. they did say i would be automatically upgraded in november tho but im not sure