The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    As HMV is no longer with us, and the Young Love Album is quite exspensive on Amazon, I was hunting around for a copy and found Sainsbuy's do it for £4.99

So if anyone needs a copy or an extra copy you can get it here:

https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Music/CD/Jedward/Young-Love/product.html?product=E11097617

It's such a good idea! I bought a whole stack to use for promo purposes - I was thinking that maybe if we in the UK offered them to foreign fans who don't have access to Young Love in their countries - we could buy them at £4.99 and ask for that plus postage in return? I'd check prices on Royal Mail's website, but naturally it's down today...

Anyway, it'd kill two birds with one stone - it'd allow fans to get Young Love CDs where they couldn't previously, and it would mean maybe a bit of a help with the UK charts...
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the correct address for Louis Walsh Management Ltd? On Jedwardgenius.com it says 24 Courtney House, but Google brings up 24-26 City Quay.

I ask because someone asked me (as @jedpolls on twitter) to help them trend "#JEDWARDforRMCInterview" as they said they work for a new magazine called Rock Music Central who want to interview the twins.

It seems such a haphazard way of trying to make contact, I wanted to try and point them in the right direction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    Does anyone know the correct address for Louis Walsh Management Ltd? On Jedwardgenius.com it says 24 Courtney House, but Google brings up 24-26 City Quay.

I ask because someone asked me (as @jedpolls on twitter) to help them trend "#JEDWARDforRMCInterview" as they said they work for a new magazine called Rock Music Central who want to interview the twins.

It seems such a haphazard way of trying to make contact, I wanted to try and point them in the right direction.

Well...Google gives his email address as well...

This is what Winnie DMd me: "It's a new online magazine I write for (it's not actually online yet, but it will be soon) and I asked them if they would do an interview with Jedward. They told me to get a trend going so they can see how many people would be interested in reading it. It's a British magazine.

The name of it is Rock Music Central (but they write about all sorts of music). Just thought it would be kinda cool for them. Good publicity.

(I asked her why not email Louis)

The editor emailed him Monday, no reply yet. Was kinda hoping the trend wiould get some attention and stuff. Just have to wait and see. :)
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LisaHafey wrote: »

This is what Winnie DMd me: "It's a new online magazine I write for (it's not actually online yet, but it will be soon) and I asked them if they would do an interview with Jedward. They told me to get a trend going so they can see how many people would be interested in reading it. It's a British magazine.

The name of it is Rock Music Central (but they write about all sorts of music). Just thought it would be kinda cool for them. Good publicity.

The editor emailed him Monday, no reply yet. Was kinda hoping the trend wiould get some attention and stuff. Just have to wait and see. :)

I didn't know anything about the trending, maybe she ought to tell Jedgen? although it seems people won't trend unless the twins ask themselves

I've also still got a bee in my bonnet that nobody is "liking" the Tornonto video ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately I wasn't online when she tweeted me, so by the time I saw it it seemed too late to help with the trending.

And yes, it does seem that not enough people are aware of or can be bothered with a trending attempt unless the twins themselves tweet about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    I didn't know anything about the trending, maybe she ought to tell Jedgen? although it seems people won't trend unless the twins ask themselves

I've also still got a bee in my bonnet that nobody is "liking" the Tornonto video ..

She's tweeted JedGen and JedEurovision but everyone's ignoring her.

And me too - it's annoying that people just don't click "LIKE"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's tweeted JedGen and JedEurovision but everyone's ignoring her.

And me too - it's annoying that people just don't click "LIKE"

To be honest I was a little bit suspicious, as googling Rock Music Central didn't bring up any results, although I suppose if it doesn't exist yet then that's to be expected. It's just that so many accounts on twitter aren't what they seem.

Also I looked at her twitter profile and some of her tweets were a bit stroppy (a bit reminiscent of JedOfficialMag!) - I wasn't quite sure if it was something I should be putting my name to, and maybe JedGen and JedEurovision had the same misgivings?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like J&E are on a flight to the US this morning? There is some speculation that it may be connected with them following Interscope Records on twitter very recently. Its an American record label owned by the Universal Music Group. Could just coincidence though.

Edit: Just seen this from the Irish Mail on Sunday! https://twitter.com/Nicole4JED/status/295533454009958401/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/Nicole4JED/status/295533571395964928/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/Nicole4JED/status/295534383434182657/photo/1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I was a little bit suspicious, as googling Rock Music Central didn't bring up any results, although I suppose if it doesn't exist yet then that's to be expected. It's just that so many accounts on twitter aren't what they seem.

Also I looked at her twitter profile and some of her tweets were a bit stroppy (a bit reminiscent of JedOfficialMag!) - I wasn't quite sure if it was something I should be putting my name to, and maybe JedGen and JedEurovision had the same misgivings?

Winnie is a Danish fan, and about as far from JedOfficial as you can get. She's stroppy because nobody seems to have noticed her trend attempt (she's only got 200 or so followers)...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    It seems like J&E are on a flight to the US this morning? There is some speculation that it may be connected with them following Interscope Records on twitter very recently. Its an American record label owned by the Universal Music Group. Could just coincidence though.

Edit: Just seen this! https://twitter.com/Nicole4JED/status/295533454009958401/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/Nicole4JED/status/295533571395964928/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/Nicole4JED/status/295534383434182657/photo/1

A direct quote here from a named UMI rep - that seems the end the speculation doesn't it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems official. I guess some people will be very happy and some will be worried, let's see what comes next. The Interscope following is interesting but it may mean anything.

Let's hope whoever works with them from now on, will promote them as they deserve
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems official. I guess some people will be very happy and some will be worried, let's see what comes next. The Interscope following is interesting but it may mean anything.

Let's hope whoever works with them from now on, will promote them as they deserve

Change can be a good thing luminous was their swan song for universal strange as 3 number one albums! expect more tv work but they can tour they have a back catalogue to draw up on of 3 albums packed with hits
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change can be a good thing luminous was their swan song for universal strange as 3 number one albums! expect more tv work but they can tour they have a back catalogue to draw up on of 3 albums packed with hits
    We never know with them, but the Interscope following has had an interesting timing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We never know with them, but the Interscope following has had an interesting timing

Universal Ireland have released them but what about the other strands of universal like Singapore Thailand etc etc
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pity and not deserved , after all they are still 1 of the most successful irish acts&they had 3 no.1 albums which are also probably all double-platinum(how many acts had/have 3 no.1 albums in Ireland?) and what will happen now to the release from the "Happens in the dark" song? Will it still be released?

We have to be patient&hope that 1 music label will give them a chance but when they will get signed to a bigger label they will probably have to do what this label wants and J&E will loose probably much of their independence
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar - private message
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    pity and not deserved , after all they are still 1 of the most successful irish acts&they had 3 no.1 albums which are also probably all double-platinum(how many acts had/have 3 no.1 albums in Ireland?) and what will happen now to the release from the "Happens in the dark" song? Will it still be released?

We have to be patient&hope that 1 music label will give them a chance

I agree
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jungle next year then not doi because of the panto! But what about the musical is that still going ahead it said they had a full diary so who knows all these questions will be answered in time
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are rich enough and they have enough other TV work so that they don´t need the jungle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just tweeted the company that distributed the calendar about birthday jedward cards and they said they tweeted saying new one directions cards but no recent images for jedward and If he had recent ones they would use them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are rich enough and they have enough other TV work so that they don´t need the jungle

I agree, and maybe I'm wearing rose-tinted spectacles but I think:

1. They are too busy doing better things to bother with UK reality shows now.

2. It was them who didn't want to renew the contract with UMI.

3. They will get plenty of offers for record deals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, and maybe I'm wearing rose-tinted spectacles but I think:

1. They are too busy doing better things to bother with UK reality shows now.

2. It was them who didn't want to renew the contract with UMI.

3. They will get plenty of offers for record deals.

I hope so dechecho
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and what will happen now to the release from the "Happens in the dark" song? Will it still be released?

It sounds like Universal made the decision well before they went to Canada. I don't think it was ever intended that Happens in the Dark would be released as a single. It seems more like what happened with Girl Like You and How Did You Know - promos to help the album. :)
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad that things have reached their natural conclusion with UMI. Being a small Irish label, mostly focused on promoting Universal artists in Ireland, UMI never quite seemed to be able to make the most of the Jeds' success in Europe after Eurovision 2011. But UMI did let the Jeds have a lot of creative freedom with their albums. There was no one pulling the strings there!

So I'd love it if the Jeds could find a label with the resources to really harness their European fan base, as well as expanding them into new territories. And also who'll let them have the same level of creative control as previously. :)

And who knows - maybe things are afoot in NYC!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member

According to this (http://www.universalmusic.com/labels) though, Interscope is a subsidiary of Universal Music Group..
This discussion has been closed.