Forum Member
✭✭✭
The People are reporting he's back as a judge
cant see it making a difference if he is back

Comments

• john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should just use his Madame Tussaud waxwork model, it looks more life like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting. I was thinking how a Simon, Nicole, Sharon and Louis line up would work better than Gary, Nicole, Sharon and Louis.

Funny how news likes this breaks on the very evening The Voice returns. What a coinkidink!
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back as a judge does equal back as a mentor or not?
    I don't see how he can do that with the american thing...

Then again, he might have given up on being a part of the american show... doubtful...

Or he is an additional independant judge at the live shows+ result shows but doesn't mentor...
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is a link?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evidently this is the "shocking news" Sinitta was on about.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how he can do it. Hasn't he already said he's not returning this year?

unless they flew the team/judges/contestants out to the US (for the live shows)and filmed from there - I don't see why they couldn't...?
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No hes not back hes having more play in the show and is returning via satalite each week
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling he will come back next year for its 11th Series :D Which would be great hes always said he will return next year
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll only return if the US show is axed, so not for a couple of years I reckon. He's gonna make sure they get a 4th season of XFUSA.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He needs to get more involved in the show again and even if that means not as a judge, just have a visible presence in some other way. The show does need to try and compete much better this year with Strictly come dancing.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling he will come back next year for its 11th Series :D Which would be great hes always said he will return next year

I think he will too .. i think its to do with the contract renewal that he will get to basically take back much more control of the show.
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way he will be back as a judge this year. He's already said that he can't do both the US and UK X Factor and because the UK has it on a Saturday/Sunday and the US on a Wednesday/Thursday there's no way he'll be able to mentor all the acts and comit to fly back and forth every week..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    Simon Cowell will return to X Factor...via video link

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/simon-cowell-returns-x-factor-1794817
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the panel will be Simon via video, Louis, Gary and Nicole. I can live with that if there no Osbourne
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chi wrote: »
    Simon Cowell will return to X Factor...via video link

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/simon-cowell-returns-x-factor-1794817

:o I'm not sure that's going to work...
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An announcement by satellite on the first show that the whole thing is a dull disgrace and being scrapped would be great!
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    So the panel will be Simon via video, Louis, Gary and Nicole. I can live with that if there no Osbourne

No not all, he would be an occasional 5th judge, but i cant see itv going for it and its not the first time he's tried to do this. He said the same last year i think.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No not all, he would be an occasional 5th judge, but i cant see itv going for it and its not the first time he's tried to do this. He said the same last year i think.

I think it's not a bad idea, and here is why.
    He would be following the show via the TV link and see what the viewers (and voters) are seeing. His opinion might be more about what the viewer sees than the global thing (example: the dancers behing the singers that might be less distracting to viewers because the cameras focus on the singer more). I remember some performances being praised that I thought were good but not WOW, and on Xtra factor, someone highlighted how that person was really amazing live and got the crowd going (so that meant that she didn't shine as much through the TV). It's also part of the challenge to be good on TV...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    Via video or live, 5 judges would be way too much.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'd be too clunky for it to work after every act on a Saturday night.

Perhaps he could do some sort of roundup of his thoughts and a brief chat with the other judges for 5 minutes or so on the Sunday results shows? That could work OK
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Sounds like he'll have the same role that Jimmy Iovine has on American Idol: the unofficial fifth judge, whose comments are aired during the results show the night following the performances. On Idol, Jimmy's segments are aired the night after, and he comments not only on the contestants, but also on whether he agrees or disagrees with the judges' assessment of each one. It's an interesting way to bring him back without him having to sacrifice his USA mentoring position.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm excited about Simon coming back through high technology. Ooh, we're in the future!
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't they pull a CNN and do a transatlantic holographic Simon?