BBC HD channels not working for some since the "S2" change

Dave_DublinDave_Dublin Posts: 321
Forum Member
For over 2 hours now I've had no BBC HD on both boxes.

EPG 143 : BBC HD - Error 28 - "No Satellite Signal is being received"

I've rebooted both boxes; removed / re-inserted the cards but the same result.

Have they ignored / forgotten Ireland again or is this happening in Britain too ?

Comments

• davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have they ignored / forgotten Ireland again or is this happening in Britain too ?

EPG 143 is BBC 1HD and EPG 169 is BBC HD - both channels working fine here in the UK. What happens if you remove the viewing card and reboot the box on those channels? Then what happens when you reinsert viewing card?
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My box is mapped to the SW England region and have the same problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member

Working fine for me.
  • Dave_DublinDave_Dublin Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    EPG 143 is BBC 1HD and EPG 169 is BBC HD - both channels working fine here in the UK. What happens if you remove the viewing card and reboot the box on those channels? Then what happens when you reinsert viewing card?

BBC HD was never moved from 143 in Ireland as BBC ONE HD was not included on our EPG here . . .

Both channels work fine when the card is removed - I only get "No Sat Signal..." when the card is re-inserted.
  • ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Speak for yourself. I'm without BBC HD and BBC1 HD

Ny "normal" card is a NE English region. That's giving no signal on both BBC HD and BBC1 HD

So I just tried an STV north card, and no signal on both.

So I've just re booted my box without a card, and still no signal on both.

And of course I can't investigate further, as they are outside the parameters for manual tuning now ;)

A signal test while trying to watch either, gives no signal strength or quality, and not locked on input 2 (thomson sky HD box, satcure PSU)
  • zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Well I just spoke to Sky, they havent a clue.

They no nothing of the change and wanted to charge me €80 for a call out fee for a engineer visit!

I said for €80 I could buy Freesat HD box and get BBC ONE HD and Channel 4 HD, ITV HD with no hassles and a full EPG!

I then hung up.

Idiots.
  • PhiljwadePhiljwade Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything to do with this http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/ ??
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that is what the S2 in the thread title was probably suggesting to be the cause.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Philjwade wrote: »
    Anything to do with this http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/ ??
    If you have Sky, you will not notice the change and won't have to do anything on or after 6 June.

There's a certain irony there don't you think?
  • zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Looks like it maybe those of us who have Thomson HD Boxes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two Amstrad DRX890s and a Thomson box here all 3 boxes work on both BBC 1HD and BBC HD with valid Central S cards, without any cards on default after reboot and with expired blue Central S cards that still work for Sky+ features.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zexstream wrote: »
    Looks like it maybe those of us who have Thomson HD Boxes.

No my Thomson is working OK here both with and without viewing cards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't receive BBC 1 HD & BBCHD on my Thomson upstairs on multiroom(No second HD sub). Can get them fine on my new Amstrad DX890 in the front room.

I'll do a new install and see if that cures the problem.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not working on My Thomson HD Box either BBC1HD and BBCHD getting no satalite signal, all the other channels are fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't receive BBC 1 HD & BBCHD on my Thomson upstairs on multiroom(No second HD sub). Can get them fine on my new Amstrad DX890 in the front room.

I'll do a new install and see if that cures the problem.

Please report your success (or failure) doing a new install.

Anyone Not getting them on other makes of box, or is it only some thomson boxes having trouble?

Mines a Thomson model 902020 Version 4E3008 OS 1.32B12 EPG version sky+8.3.2

Lets see if we can find what's common with the boxes having trouble.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to report back- New Install does nothing to solve the problem. Still no BBC 1HD & BBCHD.

My details are as follows- Multiroom, HD sub on main box downstairs, no HD sub upstairs

Amstrad DX890-main box

Thomson 4E3004 HD box-upstairs(early one with Comp. out), upgraded Satcure Cap kit, and 500GB HDD???
    OSV-1.32B12
    EPG-sky+8.3.2

Just to be absolutely clear, all other ''Free'' HD channels are OK- CH4HD, ITVHD etc.

Have Sky sneeked out an update and some boxes not DLd & updated it yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK on my
    Thomson 90202, 4E3007, OS 1.32B12, EPG 8.3.2
    Amstrad DRX890 4F3102, SYSF 26.80, EPG 40.14.11
    Amstrad DRX890 4F3103, SYSF 26.80, EPG 40.14.11

All 3 work without cards after new install to default no card regions and with Central S valid white and expired blue cards.

So unlikely to be card region related problem. Also does not appear to be a software related problem as my Thomson has the same versions as the two problem boxes above unless they have corrupted software or the version numbers indicate internal hardware differences to mine (both probably different to each other as well). My boxes are all connected to a three week old octo lnb on a zone 2 dish.
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Two Amstrad DRX890s and a Thomson box here all 3 boxes work on both BBC 1HD and BBC HD with valid Central S cards, without any cards on default after reboot and with expired blue Central S cards that still work for Sky+ features.
    I have BBC1HD and BBCHD on "Other Channels" as well as on 143 and 169. I was surprised that these entries have continued to work through the change to DVBS2 (as the tuning parameters are no longer the same). This is on an Amstrad DRX890.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomson 90202, 4E3004, OS 1.32B12 EPG 8.3.2 tried taking the plug out and nothing all other Channels work fine but still no BBCHD and BBCHD1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right I think I have found the solution.

New Installation from installers menu (services 0 0 1 Select) WITHOUT A VIEWING CARD.

You will then get both BBC1HD on channel 143 and BBC HD on 169 on the "no card" EPG

Then re insert you viewing card for regionalisation, and they continue to work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^
    Did New Install without viewing card-still no luck
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ProDave wrote: »
    Right I think I have found the solution.

New Installation from installers menu (services 0 0 1 Select) WITHOUT A VIEWING CARD.

You will then get both BBC1HD on channel 143 and BBC HD on 169 on the "no card" EPG

Then re insert you viewing card for regionalisation, and they continue to work.

Didn't work.

Mine's a Thomson 4E011, with Satcure PSU and an upgraded 500gb HDD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^
    Did New Install without viewing card-still no luck

Have you tried a "forced software upgrade" as your firmware may well be corrupted causing this problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried a "forced software upgrade" as your firmware may well be corrupted causing this problem.

Already tried a forced software update. That doesn't solve the problem. Here's what I've done so far

1-Planner Rebuild from Services hidden menu.
    2-Power off reboot.
    3-New install(with card in)
    4-Forced software download.
    5-New install with no card in.

Still no BBC HD channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    Didn't work.

Mine's a Thomson 4E011, with Satcure PSU and an upgraded 500gb HDD.

Your box is exactly same as mine. I wonder if the upgraded HDD is the problem???

Anyone with an unmodded box having problems. Or has anyone with a modded box got the BBC HD channels to work?