Logik L1HSTB12 How to set up and use with the internet

Hi,

I have purchased the above set top box and want to use it to connect to the iPlayer and on demand services. When connected to my broadband router it shows the IP addresses but I can't find a way to actually search ten internet for the above services, perhaps I'm just being a bit thick (I am 66).

Thanks for any pointers.

Gerald

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't find any manual online but what information is available suggests it has iPlayer and not a lot else. This will be a dedicated app, I seriously doubt it has anything that even remotely resembles a web browser that would let you browse the internet for alternative services.

How you get into that is another matter. Probably via a button on the remote or a menu selection. You might have to consult the manual to work that one out.
  • AlanOAlanO Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    warmbells wrote: »
    Hi,

I have purchased the above set top box and want to use it to connect to the iPlayer and on demand services. When connected to my broadband router it shows the IP addresses but I can't find a way to actually search ten internet for the above services, perhaps I'm just being a bit thick (I am 66).

Thanks for any pointers.

Gerald

You probably won't be able to 'search' the internet as such - such boxes usually have pre-installed 'apps' which give you access to certain catch-up services.

There may be a button on the remote which gives access (Humax's have a button marked 'TV portal' for example). Alternatively it should be within the 'menu' system for the box.

What does the instruction manual say in terms of how to access the catch-up services?
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As others have said, the web features of the box are limited. The spec details "Internet Services: BBC iPlayer" What it doesn't say is Internet Services: iPlayer, ITV player, 4oD, Demand 5, full web browser. That's quite an important difference.

This is essentially a Freeview+ box with iPlayer rather than a streamer. If you were sold it on the basis that it would do these things then take it back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    To access BBC iPlayer from the Logik Freeview HD TV Recorder L1HSTB12, is very simple, but not explained in the manual. Assuming you have successfully setup the ethernet cable connection, all you need to do is set the recorder to receive any BBC channel, press Red on the remote handset and the first option available should be the iPlayer.

Hope this helps anyone who is as mystified as I was! Fortunately a techie at the local branch of PCWorld guessed what the solution was.

Milo