Who is the bigger loss? Paul or Melanie?

Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think Paul.

Comments

• ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melanie, but both of them were the strongest in their categories, in my opinion, so both are big losses.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are completely different singers so its difficult to compare them, as above, both were the strongest in their categories though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Both of them, but mostly Melanie.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis said (was it on Xtra) that he changed his mind about two of them - so I think he picked Paul but changed him for someone else :cool:
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girls are already quite competitive so swapping one out for Mel won't make a big difference to the competition. Swapping Paul for Luke Friend would be replacing a no hoper for a real contender imo.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul. I found Melanie's voice a bit on the thin side. Paul had a lovely voice.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    melanie, no question for me
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul - then at least I could look forward to one of the boy's performances each week.

The girls are fine without Melanie - better off even.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul for me - He had the best voice in the entire competition!!!
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul was far better than any of the other 5 boys and Melanie was the 4th best of the 6 girls so on that basis I will say Paul
  • jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie of course
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul.
    He was a potential winner with a voice that would sell lots of albums.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul - something a bit different, which I think the boys' category now lacks.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul for me.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul - something a bit different, which I think the boys' category now lacks.

Agreed with your post again :)
    I do think Paul was far more superior vocally than the rest
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul. Amazing voice plus he was the only boy I fancied this year so there's that
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul is by far and away the biggest loss. He was the best act out of all four categories IMO.

I agree with the comment regarding Melanie's voice being thin - I reckoned she was in the bottom 2 girls.

The has sometimes been a wildcard category - if there was one this year both of them could return!
  • lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girls are already quite competitive so swapping one out for Mel won't make a big difference to the competition. Swapping Paul for Luke Friend would be replacing a no hoper for a real contender imo.

Agree with this as Paul was by far the better singer. Mel whilst was really good she was up against some strong contenders and I do feel the right choices were made in the girls and groups categories.
    Boys swap Luke with Paul and overs swap Shelley with Zoe, who was something different
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Paul. Amazing voice plus he was the only boy I fancied this year so there's that

Shy, cuddlesome sexpot! I would have ridden him till his wheels came off! ;)
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie is very good, but the girls category has more good singers than spots in the lives for them , so I'd agree that Paul was the bigger loss in that Louis has only one good vocalist inthe competition.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gamu.
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Gamu.

Gesundheit ! :eek::D
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gesundheit ! :eek::D

#NEVERFORGET (all other "shocks" are cheap by comparison, so if we've all moved on from Gamu, we should just zip it with the others)
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shy, cuddlesome sexpot! I would have ridden him till his wheels came off! ;)

Haha. I've got first dibs though
  • valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both :cry: I was so sure they'd both go through, didn't think they were up against any challenge from others but of course this is the Xfactor!:mad: