Full Monty Speed Cap

tarziontarzion Posts: 663
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi,

Are the T-Mobile full monty speeds still capped ?

Comments

• Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe so at 4Mbps.

If you want uncapped unlimited data you'll need to switch over to Three
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,650
    Forum Member

or if you need 2G signals (which is still often needed indoors sadly) then working out how much data you use monthly and buy a suitable plan.

Indoors in a lot of GU14 doesn't have any 3G - but with T-Mobile I gained good 2G signal, good for calls and texts. And yep that's the same on my Three MiFi that I still use.
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe so at 4Mbps.

people have said this but ive had 6Mbps down on the FM plan
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jchamier wrote: »
    or if you need 2G signals (which is still often needed indoors sadly) then working out how much data you use monthly and buy a suitable plan.

Indoors in a lot of GU14 doesn't have any 3G - but with T-Mobile I gained good 2G signal, good for calls and texts. And yep that's the same on my Three MiFi that I still use.

I agree with you completely there I struggle for indoor coverage on Three a lot still the most important thing about 4G is going be solving that. Then honestly if you can get a 4G device there won't be any let downs with Three at all.

Interesting even official statement from EE say it is 4Mbps.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member

Didn't you complain for like 2 years straight and then they made it unrestricted speeds for you right? Or am i thinking of someone else?

But yes, for everyone speeds are capped at 4Mbps download and 1Mbps upload.
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Didn't you complain for like 2 years straight and then they made it unrestricted speeds for you right? Or am i thinking of someone else?

But yes, for everyone speeds are capped at 4Mbps download and 1Mbps upload.

yes i did complain but not for 2 years :) more like once a month back, but yes im getting 6 last time I checked;)
  • danielmeahdanielmeah Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    I believe so at 4Mbps.

Or just change to a non full monty plan. which is possible but hard..
  • tarziontarzion Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks...

I was on a £26 600mins incl 08 nos (even though I use WeQ4U) + unlimited landlines + 250mb data tarriff and was struggling with the data (my fault for being desperate to get a S3 when it was first launched).

But even though I went over the 250mb limit I could still use my phone normally until recently when the internet started coming to a standstill and I was diverted to a page to by more bundles.

I called up yesterday to check how much it would cost me to upgrade to the full monty tarriff and hence I had started this thread to check whether it was worth paying more. But T-Mobile offered me the FM tariff with 500 mins, unlimted text, data and landline calls minus 08 nos for £1 more...

I got approx 7 months left on my contract so 4mb cap should be enough for me till the end of my contract unless some really good 4G offer comes along and I will buy out my existing contract.

EDIT: Btw I had a 12 months sim only contract three which I bought out because I was struggling with getting a signal in certail areas even to make a voice call and it was my main number.