Kim Kardashian wedding

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
Just been on the Daily Mail site -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

There is more coverage of this wedding than there was of Kate Middleton marrying William.

What is the fascination with the Kardashians?

Comments

• BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Easily the most obnoxious, venal, tawdry, greedy, soulless couple/collection of people in the known universe.

Quite funny though that their guest list was on the d-list side. All that expense, all that effort, all that media hype, all for nothing. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Can just imagine Kanye:
    "Yo Kate, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish but we had the best wedding of all time"

ETA: I'm sorry it had to be done, that quote will follow him forever. :p
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The DM is obviously being paid to hype up the wedding by the Kardashians "people". I can't think why else they'd be plastering the wedding of a couple of non entities across their front pages.
  • J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    The problem with the DM online is that they've gone so ridiculously mental over a Kardashian wedding that it's taken precedence over all else including the tragic shootings in California which makes me sad.
    And I am an out and proud lover of celeb news but some perspective would still be nice from them.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's easy journalism. For a fee they will provide a selection of scandalous details, both about themselves & their friends, pose for exclusive pics in a range of expensive clothes. All in a package with more Intelligence and glamour than the usual Z lister like Katie Price.
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nauseatingly narcissistic - both of them. They are a match made in heaven and deserve each other. I notice Rob flew home early and missed it - calling it superficial bullshit - or something along those lines.

Yes - good point that there were no proper celebrities there - even his good mate Jay Z avoided it like the plague. I get the impression that in US you are ridiculed if you are seen to associate with Kimye.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful, horrible, people. Why anyone has any interest in them is beyond me.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Easily the most obnoxious, venal, tawdry, greedy, soulless couple/collection of people in the known universe.

No, that dubious honour goes to Katie Price and Keiron Haylor. ;-)
  • Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    Nauseatingly narcissistic - both of them. They are a match made in heaven and deserve each other. I notice Rob flew home early and missed it - calling it superficial bullshit - or something along those lines.

Yes - good point that there were no proper celebrities there - even his good mate Jay Z avoided it like the plague. I get the impression that in US you are ridiculed if you are seen to associate with Kimye.

Quite worrying that her brother left before her wedding and everybody is still acting as if the best day of their lives and "they have a new brother".
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    They do come across as the most despicable people, however that is an assumption, not really knowing them of course.
    One thing I think is that they do seem to have a genuine love between them, so good for them, hope they had a nice day.
  • Shopaholic26Shopaholic26 Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Countdown to the divorce now.....

I give it around 2 years
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay-Z and Beyonce said they wouldn't be going, then they changed their minds and said they would go and now it appears they backtracked and chose not to go after all. Ouch!
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-Star wrote: »
    The problem with the DM online is that they've gone so ridiculously mental over a Kardashian wedding that it's taken precedence over all else including the tragic shootings in California which makes me sad.
    And I am an out and proud lover of celeb news but some perspective would still be nice from them.
    That's silly - there are loads of stories from various angles on that story if you look in the appropriate area. As with DS, the showbiz area will quite rightly contain celeb news/gossip: if you don't like it, don't click...
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had 11 million, part of it would go towards shutting down the Daily Fail and its PR drivel forever. Folk getting shot, EU elections, little girls being abducted and villages razed to the ground in Nigeria by absolute nuttaz, a woman waiting to die in Sudan for the 'crime' of being non-muslim and all this ****ing rag can do is headline the marriage of Bodger and freaking Dodger as if its of national interest.

Awful, awful paid PR rag.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I give it around 2 years

I love your optimism ............
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I give it around 2 years

Nah, I give their marriage less than 6 months tops...;-)
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    If I had 11 million, part of it would go towards shutting down the Daily Fail and its PR drivel forever. Folk getting shot, EU elections, little girls being abducted and villages razed to the ground in Nigeria by absolute nuttaz, a woman waiting to die in Sudan for the 'crime' of being non-muslim and all this ****ing rag can do is headline the marriage of Bodger and freaking Dodger as if its of national interest.

Awful, awful paid PR rag

Round of applause.:)
  • mvlocamvloca Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ba Na Na wrote: »
    Quite worrying that her brother left before her wedding and everybody is still acting as if the best day of their lives and "they have a new brother".

I would describe my relationship with my parents as fractured but I can tell you, if I was seeking extended treatment for mental health and substance abuse problems decided to fly back from a family wedding there is no way in hell my family would let me make that journey alone. They really are narcissistic insensitive fools
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really can't get over how much publicity the Kardashians get, or how popular they appear to be with the general public (anyone else see the hoards of people waiting when Kim came to the UK a while back!?). They do nothing!

I totally get hero worshipping people who are talented musicians, actors, and what have you but how do "reality" TV stars amass such huge followings and blind devotion? I will never understand it.
  • J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    That's silly - there are loads of stories from various angles on that story if you look in the appropriate area. As with DS, the showbiz area will quite rightly contain celeb news/gossip: if you don't like it, don't click...

Not silly at all, I fully admitted like many others I like celeb gossip. When I went on there it was the top story and the shootings were secondary to that perhaps that has changed now though, so that was my only quibble.
    The Kardashians I'm not hugely fond of however, so thanks but I managed all by my lonesome not to click that particular link.
  • Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get "the kardashians" thing

Its bloody awful...they all must be in deep therapy
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Just been on the Daily Mail site -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

There is more coverage of this wedding than there was of Kate Middleton marrying William.

think the DM must get paid to put them in.
    They have no relevance in the UK surely?
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »

Awful, awful paid PR rag.

^this :)
  • Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dacre is an utter bastard for sure
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grey Lady wrote: »
    I really can't get over how much publicity the Kardashians get, or how popular they appear to be with the general public (anyone else see the hoards of people waiting when Kim came to the UK a while back!?). They do nothing!

I totally get hero worshipping people who are talented musicians, actors, and what have you but how do "reality" TV stars amass such huge followings and blind devotion? I will never understand it.

i never have understood this as well

they also made it in america where i though they valued talent