Peter Capaldi Narration

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
Forum Member
I thought so...for anyone interested, Peter Capaldi is the narrator on Punk Britannia (3 parts, shown yesterday on BBC4 and now on I-Player).

Great voice - hope he keeps his accent as the twelfth Doctor.

Comments

• CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somehow I don't think he will. He's probably had a good idea of how he'd play the Doctor for at least 40 years, and it would surprise me if it didn't include sounding more English. (Course if he's got a Scottish agenda that might be different...)
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somehow I don't think he will. He's probably had a good idea of how he'd play the Doctor for at least 40 years, and it would surprise me if it didn't include sounding more English. (Course if he's got a Scottish agenda that might be different...)

So if he uses his native accent he has an agenda?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Christopher Eccleston's northern accent was such a breath of fresh air. I think people always sound more convincing when speaking in their native accents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cue the accent auditioning montage in his opening episode :D
  • shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »

Keep your hair on! I think it was a light hearted reference to past discussions on here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope, it will be Moffat's Scottish agenda :p
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind having a scotish doctor think a new voice accent would compliment the new face. Plus it would show maybe amy might have influenced him.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he'll keep his Scottish accent because it's then too similar to his other iconic character, Malcolm Tucker. If you see clips with him doing an English accent it works very well indeed!
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

CHJ, I do really love you, but I agree with Schmiznurf here. Why would he want to include more English, and why would the inclussion of his own accent constitute an agenda? I assume that Peter will have used his own accent when rehearsing (particularly when he was younger). In modern Who, we had two Doctors with a South East accent, and one with a Northern English accent. If Doctor Who is for everyone, then surely there is nothing wrong with a Doctor with a Scottish accent.

I would be very disappointed if we did get some kind of Cockney accent or god knows what.