Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Some of those links do appear to come with an agenda, in the past I've noted how many had anti-semitic undertones.

Returning to some of the recent links provided, it's as if there's a drive to connect being gay with being a paedophilia.
    The mindset of the authors appear to suggest they believe it is wrong to be gay...I don't think I've ever seen one of these articles suggest there's something sinister about someone being hetrosexual.

Can't say I have noticed a drive to connect being gay with being a paedophile. And I don't understand how they can be connected anyway. Paedohiles are people who are sexually attracted to children and there is no evidence whatsoever (as far as I am aware) to connect being gay with paedophilia.

Unfortunately, the majority, or those in power, sometimes do attack or bully those who are different or perceived less fortunate than themselves.

So with regard to posting links to whatever news is connected to JS or the abuse of children, this must be a good thing. If there is prejudice I'd rather it out in the open, and not hidden. This can then be debated and challenged.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thread (with video link) about a Savile appearance on Celebrity Big Brother
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1792173&highlight=savile
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer James has started transcribing 80s press articles relevant to Fernbridge
    http://msjenniferjames.blog.co.uk/2013/01/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paedophile MP Peter Morrison was arrested twice but no trace in official records. Guardian 2.6.98
    http://twitpic.com/bzbb0w
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And he said something about 'learning' to enjoy his mother, which I thought was a bit cryptic. It's as if he felt he had to 'love' her because that was what was expected (demanded?) of him. Aside from her, he didn't even pretend to have feelings for anyone else. No defence of him at all, but it must have been a horribly lonely life to have never made a close emotional connection with another person in 84 years.

Wasn't there some weird thing after she died where he kept the coffin in his bedroom?
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thread (with video link) about a Savile appearance on Celebrity Big Brother
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1792173&highlight=savile

Ugh at what he said to Chantelle at the start ('I know that many fellas love you but they don't love you with the sincerity and tenderness that I do'. 'I even tell the truth when I'm lying') ehhh...

Its also nonsense that he'd never been in 'the nick' because he visited prisons as part of a charity thing I think or some program where celebs went to visit prisoners for a day. I remember reading about it in the biography.
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Wasn't there some weird thing after she died where he kept the coffin in his bedroom?

There was a 5 day wake during which he spent time next to her body while around other family members - people took it in turn to be with the body, its a Catholic tradition I think?. He claimed it wasn't as spooky as the papers made it sound.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »

There was a 5 day wake during which he spent time next to her body while around other family members - people took it in turn to be with the body, its a Catholic tradition I think?. He claimed it wasn't as spooky as the papers made it sound.

Wakes were quite popular with Catholics in the past, but I've never heard of a five day one - that sounds like a uniquely English thing. In Ireland, funerals take place quite speedily after the person has died....usually three days later or so.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh at what he said to Chantelle at the start ('I know that many fellas love you but they don't love you with the sincerity and tenderness that I do'. 'I even tell the truth when I'm lying') ehhh...

Its also nonsense that he'd never been in 'the nick' because he visited prisons as part of a charity thing I think or some program where celebs went to visit prisoners for a day. I remember reading about it in the biography.

I watched the video link too. He had the gift of the gab, full of the blarney.
    He was a chancer an opportunist a philanderer. As for any sexual innuendos I remember when I was a young lassie back in the seventies and you would get older men who liked to hit on young girls and they could not help dropping in sexual innuendos into the conversation.
    I think when JS said he hadn't been in a prison it was that he meant he had never been a prisoner in jail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the video link too. He had the gift of the gab, full of the blarney.
    He was a chancer an opportunist a philanderer. As for any sexual innuendos I remember when I was a young lassie back in the seventies and you would get older men who liked to hit on young girls and they could not help dropping in sexual innuendos into the conversation.
    I think when JS said he hadn't been in a prison it was that he meant he had never been a prisoner in jail.

They probably still do, at least at times but its more frowned on nowadays, I'd have thought. Ah true about the prisoner role, although he made it clear he wasn't a housemate and was a 'guest' instead.

Also it reminded me how short he was, he really wasn't very tall - this is maybe a dumb question but do people lose some of their height when their older or was he always so short? just curious...the height difference seemed particularly noticeable to me there (but that might just be me).
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They probably still do, at least at times but its more frowned on nowadays, I'd have thought. Ah true about the prisoner role, although he made it clear he wasn't a housemate and was a 'guest' instead.

Also it reminded me how short he was, he really wasn't very tall - this is maybe a dumb question but do people lose some of their height when their older or was he always so short? just curious...the height difference seemed particularly noticeable to me there (but that might just be me).

Yes people seem to lose some of their height when they get older. He was never that tall as I remember.
    I was thinking about a neighbour from years gone by and he worked as a porter at one of our local hospitals and though married he had the gift of the gab and a charmer when it came to the ladies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes people seem to lose some of their height when they get older. He was never that tall as I remember.
    I was thinking about a neighbour from years gone by and he worked as a porter at one of our local hospitals and though married he had the gift of the gab and a charmer when it came to the ladies.

Its a bit off topic but I asked as I was remembering a late night US radio show I listened to for an interview around the turn of the millennium - they talked about what happens when men and women get older and how men get oestrogen and women get testosterone and their personalities can change a bit because of that - the thought of turning partially into a man creeped me out at the time :eek: lol I wondered if bones might shrink to make people lose an inch or two of height as well.

Charmer? sounds more like a chancer lol :p j/k what exactly does being a porter involve? manual tasks like manual handling, moving things around etc., things that aren't reliant on medical knowledge? just curious.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what exactly does being a porter involve? manual tasks like manual handling, moving things around etc., things that aren't reliant on medical knowledge?

Yes, that, basically.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, that, basically.

Ok, thanks :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 4 Dispatches‏ @C4Dispatches
    Caught on camera- Senior rabbi telling alleged victim of child sex abuse not to go to the police http://ow.ly/hfQDj #Dispatches C4 10.30pm
  • sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what exactly does being a porter involve? manual tasks like manual handling, moving things around etc., things that aren't reliant on medical knowledge? just curious.
    Also transporting patients on beds from the wards to operating theatres or for scans/tests etc and back....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sangreal wrote: »
    Also transporting patients on beds from the wards to operating theatres or for scans/tests etc and back....

Yes, I knew a guy who was a hospital porter back in the 70s/80s. He mainly pushed patients about on trollies/beds or in wheelchairs between theatres and wards and was sometimes asked to do other non-medical stuff (like take food round) when they were short staffed elsewhere.

Sometimes he took bodies to the morgue, but I remember him saying he didn't like that, though some porters didn't mind doing it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sangreal wrote: »

Is it a paid job? JS wasn't paid to do what he did, he was a volunteer porter was he not? just curious.
    Yes, I knew a guy who was a hospital porter back in the 70s/80s. He mainly pushed patients about on trollies/beds or in wheelchairs between theatres and wards and was sometimes asked to do other non-medical stuff (like take food round) when they were short staffed elsewhere.

Sometimes he took bodies to the morgue, but I remember him saying he didn't like that, though some porters didn't mind doing it.

I guess your lucky to be moved around if on a trolly, thinking about that story on Reporting Scotland recently about an elderly man who had been left on a trolley in a cold corridor for 8 hours! :eek: (http://news.stv.tv/scotland/211079-pensioner-left-on-trolley-in-western-infirmary-corridor-for-eight-hours/).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what to make of this
    http://www.thepaedotrial.com/
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a paid job? JS wasn't paid to do what he did, he was a volunteer porter was he not? just curious.

Yes, it's a fully paid full time job. I guess Savile couldn't become a paid hospital porter as he was employed by the BBC and already had a salary, hence his "volunteer porter" role (quite an unusual thing I would think).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made a thread for the Dispatches prog @ 10.30, C4
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=63968503#post63968503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Yes, it's a fully paid full time job. I guess Savile couldn't become a paid hospital porter as he was employed by the BBC and already had a salary, hence his "volunteer porter" role (quite an unusual thing I would think).

Thats what I would have thought. It looks like there are plenty of volunteering opportunities available though (at least in Northern Ireland anyway):- http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/volunteering-in-hospitals
    If you have a criminal record you will be asked to declare this. You may be asked to get a criminal records check.

They don't check everyone, only some people and your asked to declare if you have a record - whats to stop someone from just not declaring it then? :confused:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure what to make of this
    http://www.thepaedotrial.com/

Oh dear. The misspelt and grammatically erratic sales blurb doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

A spot of cashing in, perhaps?
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    They don't check everyone, only some people and your asked to declare if you have a record - whats to stop someone from just not declaring it then? :confused:

At the very least, if you don't declare a criminal record and you are fund to have one you will probably be fired. Some professions (not sure about the NHS) are also protected, insofar as if you lie about things like your criminal record you may even be prosecuted.
This discussion has been closed.