Simon Cowell: Human Teflon.

Comments

• FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with Sinitta (whatever age she is now :)).

How Simon managed to impregnate a woman is something of a miracle indeed.

One question: are Sinitta & Simon still friends after the baby bombshell?
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Simon used a middle man.
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »
    I have to agree with Sinitta (whatever age she is now :)).

How Simon managed to impregnate a woman is something of a miracle indeed.

One question: are Sinitta & Simon still friends after the baby bombshell?

She got her GCSE results on Thursday :)
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    I am not too worried about Simon's private life - although his harem of women who never tell tales has always seemed a little forced.

However what's more scarey is how he has turned 5 pretty boys with average singing abilities who got beaten by Tesco Mary most weeks in the X factor vote into a billion pound money making machine and the apparent 'next Beatles'.

Terrible analogy but it shows how easy it could be one day for a dictator to come along one day and so easily turn minds and public opinion.

Actually if it was so easy , why hasn't he done it every year ? He's certainly tried loads of times with made up groups and nothing ever got off the ground. Everyone is quick to credit Cowell with their success but reading Morton's biography Simon wasn't as brilliant as everyone thought He let some pretty big groups slip thro his fingers (Spice girls and Busted) and the ones he did sign (Five and Girlband) bombed
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    She got her GCSE results on Thursday :)

She took them a year early....:)
    Forum Member
    d0lphin wrote: »
    She took them a year early....:)

I thought the same thing after I posted it! :D
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I take my hat off to him for getting where he is on his savvy. Theres no doubt about that. Would I want his life, not on your nelly!

His life seems like an endless procession of setup camera holiday shots (there should be a big black square on all pics of his Med Moobs at all times;)), bizarre ex-lovers detailing his 'sexploits' week-in, week-out and and an entire print and internet industry that seems to back him up no matter what he does, whilst throwing 'lesser mortals' under the bus all the time.

And yet he still manages to come across as (as lexi said) a paranoid 'control freak'. Is it only me that gets the impression this guy is so unsettled about himself that he has to keep injecting his supposed privacy/business into our lives on a daily basis with these stories and scenarios?

How many other major businessmen do you know that allow daily/weekly stories about their private lives and ex-lovers to go on FOR YEARS in the public domain without getting thoroughly f***ed off with the press and putting their foot down?
    So why, with all his power, does he do nothing about it?

Because he needs us all to know? Why is that?

And you're totally right, his hair is an affront to Lego, a great brand. :D

It's all about projecting an image of a playboy. The PR people churn all the cr*p out but if he didn't want it out there no way would it get printed. Yes he needs us all to know how hetero he is and the reason for that i would have thought was obvious. Bizarre in this day and age that you would rather people think of you as a scumbag for getting you mates wife up the duff than think you may bat for the other side.
    Well John Terry got slagged off when he went with Wayne's ex. So I wouldn't necessarily say if it was a woman she'd get worst... However I do feel the media is sexist and racist.

I agree, i don't think it's anything to do with him being male,it's to do with him being SC end of
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Well you've got to think that Max was hired donkey's years ago and despite his current situation, he will have been very effective over the years for burying or glossing over many, many stories from way back when. He also may not be the only one who 'reps' Simon.

Max himself is not shy, to his credit, of admitting he's all but lied to protect clients with planted stories. He just words it in a dignified way. ;)

I also think just because he might not be operating at present it doesnt mean his 'team' aren't. I don't know what contigency measures are in place at 'Clifford Towers' but if your boss gets fired, for example, there's usually someone well-versed in the ropes working there to take over, or be brought in and the team operates as normal. Unless he freelances. I'd still think he has a back-up plan though.

Not altoghether sure. Think he has his own PR team as well as MC and he has a lady who does his PR in USA but she used to work for MC so you would think they sing from the same hymn sheet
    I am not too worried about Simon's private life - although his harem of women who never tell tales has always seemed a little forced.

However what's more scarey is how he has turned 5 pretty boys with average singing abilities who got beaten by Tesco Mary most weeks in the X factor vote into a billion pound money making machine and the apparent 'next Beatles'.

Terrible analogy but it shows how easy it could be one day for a dictator to come along one day and so easily turn minds and public opinion.

Well he knows the market, pretty boys = young girls spending £££ and it's not just the music but all the merchandising
    Eveything about XF and BGT is very manipulated

I have no doubt Simon has the press in his pocket. I always wondered exactly what it was Piers Morgan had on him that earned him the judges position and effectively launched his TV career. God knows it wasn't popular demand.

Ha Ha yes, at least the Americans have got him now. Anything between Piers and Simon is very scripted but weren't piers shows produced by Simon's company Syco?
    Bungitin wrote: »
    Simon used a middle man.

Had occured to me, Nick? or a doctor ?
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my. Look at the smiley, holding hands pics appearing in the DM as they take a romantic stroll on the beach.

I love the fact there looks like a naked man behind them in one of the pics. :D:D
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember how to begin with Simon and the judges loved Mary and told us what a great voice she had (which she did), but they never expected her to become so popular with the public and when that happened the script suddenly changed, Simon in particular went out of his way to discredit and undermine her.

She'd put in great performance after great performance but he'd always found something wrong with it, and in the end he ruined her confidence and she got voted off. They were absolutely terrified that she'd win.

One Direction are very well managed, that's why they are so successful. But what happens when they turn around and ask to write their own songs, or to be a bit more edgy or have more control over their sound? Because that will happen eventually, it always does with pop groups like that;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    Oh my. Look at the smiley, holding hands pics appearing in the DM as they take a romantic stroll on the beach.

I love the fact there looks like a naked man behind them in one of the pics.
    :D:D

That's probably Paul, he is usually lurking in the background somewhere :D
  • thebtmanthebtman Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jujubee wrote: »
    So Simon supposedly bangs his friends wife behind his back, gets her pregnant, and the does the press rip him to shreds as they would anyone else?

No. Instead we get tedious stories about what kind of gifts he gives his golddigging wen- I mean love his his life. :p

Minions come out of the woodwork to say "Simon will be a GREAT DAD!!" Even Andrew Silverman is said to have "cleared the air" with Simon in a meeting. Because Simon is just that charming. No doubt Andrew said "Well, Simon I can't blame her. You are so awesome I would have F****d you myself."

Instead of talking about how trashy it is for the the Slimeb- er wonderful Father of the year, and his Sl- I mean Blessed Mother of his child, to be flaunting their tawdry- oops I mean wonderful beatiful love.... we get stories about how they are "Finally able to be together". Yeah. Because Andrew and that awful seven year old brat kept them apart.

Instead of trashing Lauren, for grinning in every freaking picture(like the cat that got the cream), and for leaving her other child behind as she flits to Simon's yacht. We have talk of her "glowing".

My lord. It's just really mind blowing.

Simon has money and power. Surely its obvious why people like him / support him:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    DE53 wrote: »

I love Cowell threads :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Those smiley photos look so fake.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kakieanne wrote: »
    Those smiley photos look so fake.

Not only are their smiles very ott, but they're clearly looking directly at the cameras on occasion. The narrative of these pics seem to be trying to say 'look, we're finally together and we're delighted' but I can't help but question his judgement on this one. She's only just got divorced, and regardless of what's actually going on behind closed doors, these pics seem a bit insensitive and tacky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    The press have always been very soft on Simon. He's a bit like David Beckham in that respect, he gets away with murder. I personally find it very odd how he only dates women who are exact clones of each other, and then when he gets bored of them he buys them off with a big house somewhere nice, but he'll still take them all on holiday with him, like a harem. But I've never read a single story in the papers questioning this and pointing out how strange it is. I can't imagine any other celebrity being able to do that and get away with it in the papers.

I'd love to know why the media protect some celebs, but not others?

Because he is very wealthy and powerful! Not bad for a little bloke hey!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    DE53 wrote: »

Who's Paul?:confused:
    Forum Member
    strewth wrote: »

Paul Potts, of course! And Susan Boyle, One Direction, Cher Lloyd and co :):)
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Oh my goodness, those photographs just reek of desperation :D
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree with the op, it takes a special kind of b@st@rd to screw a friends wife!! Not much thought for the seven yr old kid whos family has been ripped apart!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    Not only are their smiles very ott, but they're clearly looking directly at the cameras on occasion. The narrative of these pics seem to be trying to say 'look, we're finally together and we're delighted' but I can't help but question his judgement on this one. She's only just got divorced, and regardless of what's actually going on behind closed doors, these pics seem a bit insensitive and tacky.[/QUOTE]

why it must be at least a week since she offloaded the husband and son :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness, those photographs just reek of desperation :D

you'd have thought he would have learnt his lesson from the Mish fiasco. Are we going to see a snog anytime soon :D
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,909
    Forum Member
    There's picture on the Perez Hilton site where Simon looks like he is goose stepping on the beach with his lover.

They both seem false.
  • Haggis&ChipsHaggis&Chips Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    strewth wrote: »

Paul "I'm just not the marrying kind" McKenna of course.

http://twicsy.com/i/oWxRub
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know who's worse? Them in the pictures or the "Congrats to the happy couple" posts. Seriously?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,909
    Forum Member
    Have we scratched the surface of Simon 'Teflon' Cowell, or just scrapped barnacles off his bottom?
    Lauren, 36, the estranged wife of Cowell’s one-time best friend Andrew Silverman, flew out to the South of France on Wednesday and this weekend she and Cowell were expected to join Sir Philip Green for his party at the new Bar D’O on St Tropez’s Pampelonne Beach.

Meanwhile, as ever, all is orchestrated aboard Slipstream to portray a glamorous harem, happily frolicking together. But life aboard is not the bliss Cowell would have us believe.
    According to one of his close friends – offering the first insider account of life on the yacht under the condition of anonymity – it is anything but.

In fact, the insider says, it is a claustrophobic cauldron riven with rivalry, and ruled by the manipulative media mogul who dictates the dress code and freezes out those he decides should disembark.

This can't be the same delightful Simon Cowell, who over the years, protected by Max, has struggled to find true love with the ladees.