Gemma Craven

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
I've been looking this up for my dad who used to fancy this actress and wanted to know what she is doing now (he thought she would look good on Strictly).

PMSL when I saw this

Craven now lives in Blackpool with "Lord Odin" who changed his name, by deed poll, from his birth name of Gary Womack. (Previously, Womack had his name changed to Mickey Mouse.)

:D:D:D

Comments

• FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My two cousins went to the same school with Gemma in Dublin during the 50s. It was a rather posh convent school located at St Stephen's Green and it wasn't a large school unlike it is nowadays. My cousin told me that Gemma's actual first name was Rita (you can check Wiki for info. on her) as she was known then.

I guess Gemma must have decided to choose her second name when she & her family moved away to live in England as it probably sounded more 'English' that way.

Also she married her 1st husband Frazer Hines of 'Emmerdale Farm' way back in the early 80s and it didn't last long. I believe their martial breakdown was caused by Frazer's prolonged bouts of severe depression or heavy drinking (I'm not sure if it was a combation of both).
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone who saw Frazer Hines on a plane back from Portugal with his wife who was a water skier or a sports presenter or something, they were having a row at the airport!!!
  • Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw her as Nellie in a touring production of South Pacific about 30 years ago. She was terrific.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    She was in an episode of Father Ted, as a raunchy author.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I remember her in Pennies from Heaven with Bob Hoskins, it was very risqué for those days, but they both were very good.
    A Dennis Potter play.
  • hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I remember her in Pennies from Heaven with Bob Hoskins, it was very risqué for those days, but they both were very good.
    A Dennis Potter play.

Yes, I remember where she put her lipstick. ;)
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    hatpeg wrote: »
    Yes, I remember where she put her lipstick. ;)

Ha ha I remember that too but I couldn't possibly comment:o
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    She was in Hollyoaks Later in 2008. Playing the mother of the Fisher clan.

I hadn't seen her for years so I didn't recognise her straightaway. When I knew it was her it was obvious it was her - if you see what I mean! lol
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,987
    Forum Member
    I've been looking this up for my dad who used to fancy this actress and wanted to know what she is doing now (he thought she would look good on Strictly).

PMSL when I saw this

Craven now lives in Blackpool with "Lord Odin" who changed his name, by deed poll, from his birth name of Gary Womack. (Previously, Womack had his name changed to Mickey Mouse.)

:D:D:D

Attention seeking bampot.

I liked Gemma in The Slipper & The Rose.